Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 11:29 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,361,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by youcd View Post
I'm 38, 26-30 are most attractive. But it's also probably why I can't get any of those dang guys to commit!
If you can even get one.

This reminds me of a story. I have some college friends in SoCal who got married. They were Hispanic. She had a Filipina friend she used to pal around with. I asked them, "So, what's (name of Filipina) doing? Is she married?" My friend said "No, she's holding out for a guy who is 10 years younger, has money, and is Anglo." *Visualized cobwebs*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 11:31 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,671,717 times
In terms of looks, men are best around 35. Most men hit the wall at 40 (and so do women). I would not date a 35 year old, but if I were in the market for a one night stand that is where I'd end up.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:35 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,620,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
If you can even get one.

This reminds me of a story. I have some college friends in SoCal who got married. They were Hispanic. She had a Filipina friend she used to pal around with. I asked them, "So, what's (name of Filipina) doing? Is she married?" My friend said "No, she's holding out for a guy who is 10 years younger, has money, and is Anglo." *Visualized cobwebs*
I know a ton of guys who love women 10+ years older than they are, so if she's cute she probably won't have a problem, especially if she's Filipina. At least 3 of my male friends are in LTR with women 15 or more years older than they are, 2 of them own businesses and have money so they're definitely not going after the 'rich older women'. I think they just like the stability.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
In terms of looks, men are best around 35. Most men hit the wall at 40 (and so do women). I would not date a 35 year old, but if I were in the market for a one night stand that is where I'd end up.
At least we have someone who is honest. The term "hit the wall" is awesome and I would define it as "what Kathleen Turner has done." They do not have a literal translation of this in Europe, but they should, as it would sound very musical in French, Italian and Spanish.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:36 AM

819 posts, read 1,129,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I know a ton of guys who love women 10+ years older than they are, so if she's cute she probably won't have a problem, especially if she's Filipina. At least 3 of my male friends are in LTR with women 15 or more years older than they are, 2 of them own businesses and have money so they're definitely not going after the 'rich older women'. I think they just like the stability.
Gross.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
I only know of ONE, and the age spread was 18 years. I think it is weird. He was replacing his domineering Mexican mother, not finding a wife. The Filipina has not fared well and, if one is into Filipinas, she looks decent enough.

I know this thread is for women, but since most guys like women around their own age, it's interesting to see that most women do too.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Your male friends will dump those women soon enough. Once their fertility dwindles and they stop sending out sexual signals, the men will move on. Unless of course the guys are secretly gay, in which case there may be long term success. No way will you see a 45 year old man in a committed relationship with a 60 year old woman unless he is gay.

Old 08-26-2012, 12:20 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,620,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Your male friends will dump those women soon enough. Once their fertility dwindles and they stop sending out sexual signals, the men will move on. Unless of course the guys are secretly gay, in which case there may be long term success. No way will you see a 45 year old man in a committed relationship with a 60 year old woman unless he is gay.
Well, these guys have been with these women for years and they seem pretty darn happy to me. And now men are 'secretly gay' unless they do exactly what you feel is appropriate? One of my guy friends is married to a wonderful woman 17 years older than he is and it's never been an issue. Judging by the men on this forum, many men out there aren't looking for children and have no desire to have them. This particular woman married to my friend had a hysterectomy at 20 so she was never really fertile. Considering all women lose their fertility I'm assuming all men will break up with their wives when they go through menopause so why bother getting married?

My aunt is 12 years older than my uncle and she just turned 71...they've been married for 30 or so years now and he's definitely not gay

Old 08-26-2012, 12:59 PM

782 posts, read 1,086,812 times
Quote:
I'm 28 and I prefer 30-35. Unfortunately, the only men who seem to be interested in me are under 25 or over 45.
Yeah, what the heck is up with that? I seem to attract women under 35 and over 60. Can't seem to break into the middle ground.

Old 08-26-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Well, these guys have been with these women for years and they seem pretty darn happy to me. And now men are 'secretly gay' unless they do exactly what you feel is appropriate? One of my guy friends is married to a wonderful woman 17 years older than he is and it's never been an issue. Judging by the men on this forum, many men out there aren't looking for children and have no desire to have them. This particular woman married to my friend had a hysterectomy at 20 so she was never really fertile. Considering all women lose their fertility I'm assuming all men will break up with their wives when they go through menopause so why bother getting married?

My aunt is 12 years older than my uncle and she just turned 71...they've been married for 30 or so years now and he's definitely not gay
There are always outliers but let's face the facts here. (You have no idea whether it has ever been an issue with your guy friend whose wife is 17 years older, unless of course you peep through their bedroom window.) It's a poor bet for any woman who wants long term success, just ask Demi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships