Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 05:27 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
My, you will turn our heads with such flattery!
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
To be clear, I'm referring to CD misogynists.

Old 08-28-2012, 06:16 AM

464 posts, read 479,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
CD really is a good representative of the kind of men who generally want to buy women. These men are socially inept, of below average intelligence, and are negative.
No lies detected...esp in a certain forum on here.

Old 08-28-2012, 06:30 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Ha! I saw that program..... Well, it is true, women are looking for men who have resources no matter where you go, but as I said before, Western women have priced themselves out of the market so these guys are simply taking their hard earned money to a place where they can get more bang for their buck....

Thing is, Western women don't like the idea of a man taking his money elsewhere and not spending it on THEM so I fully understand why so many Western women attack these guys and try to discredit them.
I don’t really see women complaining about it. The women who have “priced themselves out” aren’t interested in the type man who feels a need to purchase a bride from an economically devastated county who sees the “marriage” as an escape from starvation and or worse oppression or even human trafficking. They are “priced out” because they are as educated and able to provide a decent life on their own while maintaining and developing themselves and pursuing personal goals. American women are just expressing their opinion. If anything we find in sad for both the men seeking mail order brides and the women who have little choice but to offer themselves. If it works for some people, knock yourselves out. There are plenty of American men who want an equal partner and are not intimidated by a “non traditional”, for lack of a better description, wife.

Old 08-28-2012, 06:31 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Same thing I think about guys who get prostitutes.
If you have to pay for what normal people can get for free, you are probably pretty undesirable.
Pretty much.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:04 AM

782 posts, read 1,087,398 times
LOL. 14 pages of propaganda in just a few days. This is better than TV.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:27 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,222,159 times
I know of two guys who have specifically looked for foreign wives, both rather successful financially.

Though they don't know each other they had a few things in common. Both were in their 40's, had been married twice before, had kids from the prior marriages and spent quite a bit of time at work.

One found a lady from Laos, and has been married to her now for nearly 20 years. She is very much like the women were back 50 years ago, stayed home and took care of the house and is pretty quiet and passive. Sort of the traditional sidekick type, if you know what I mean. The other fellow found a "hot" Russian lady and she is a pretty aggressive person. They have been married for 15 years now, and she is really independent. She is a self starter and has managed to learn the language sufficiently to go out and start her own business. She is pretty successful in her own right now, and drives a big Mercedes she bought for herself.

So things go in multiple directions.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:28 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
So, why do you reach down into the bowels of your mind? There are amazing American women out there today doing amazing things that will no doubt impact your life, your family's life, and many poor women in India's life as well at some time in our future. Why not draw on them?
Because he finds it far easier to have this silly black and white view of women. All American women are whores and all foreign women are saints. The typical Madonna/W*o*e Complex;

Madonna

Old 08-28-2012, 07:43 AM

1,098 posts, read 1,866,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
If she was average looking and not french, would you have thought the bolded was good, or would you think she was weird? I've noticed that I can do or say something and people will give me a weird look, but if my cute sister does it, all of a sudden it's 'cute' and 'adorable'.

As for the 'fat' thing, I did a quick google search for my county's obesity rates and it looks like we're wellllll below national average at 17%. In fact, my county is the 'fifth fittest region in the nation', so that's probably why I don't notice weight as much.
I didn't think she was weird really, she's from a different culture so I'd imagine it's not frowned upon if he was fit or fugly. Surely others might of thought she was weird, because I've hung around enough bigotry to see it. My mother used to tell me stories when she lived in the UK about people would "talk" to birds, like tourists from all over Europe feeding pidgeons. But I could tell she just liked birds just by talking to her.

About obesity, you probably live in a different part where there isn't as much. I havent been around the country but in the few places I did go, my impression is the larger cities people are more fit than smaller laid back ones like where I live. Since the French woman came here I could of been a culture shock for her.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:19 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
I know of two guys who have specifically looked for foreign wives, both rather successful financially.

Though they don't know each other they had a few things in common. Both were in their 40's, had been married twice before, had kids from the prior marriages and spent quite a bit of time at work.

One found a lady from Laos, and has been married to her now for nearly 20 years. She is very much like the women were back 50 years ago, stayed home and took care of the house and is pretty quiet and passive. Sort of the traditional sidekick type, if you know what I mean.

Interesting that guy had two divorces and kids under his belt by the time he was roughly 25 then immediately found a foreign mail order wife.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:20 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,580,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Millenial men aren't exactly doing themselves any favors...do you know how difficult it is to find a guy in his late 20s/early 30s who has a job, supports himself, is intelligent and has some sort of motivation? Most of the men in that age range that I meet are more interested in playing beer pong and 'hangin out with friends' than actually working towards a goal. It seems to me the men are just as materialistic though, they just care about 'toys' instead of being pampered. I know quite a few men my age that spend all their money on dirt bikes, lifting their trucks etc. but live with their parents and have a part time go-nowhere job.

I think, in general, millenials as a whole are a very difficult generation to deal with. There are a lot of innovators and very intelligent folks in that age range but for the most part they're very disappointing, men and women alike.
Well I have a job, I'd like to think I'm at least somewhat intelligent, and I am motivated and have goals and ambition in my life. But I think my 3 biggest obstacles are these

I Try Way too Hard Sometimes

I Still Live at Home (I Don't Make Enough Money to have my own place)

And my health (wont discuss my condition but I've told previous dates about it, and haven't seen or heard from them since then)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships