Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 01:54 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,007 times

Advertisements

I'm having a lot of work done on my house so am getting a heap of tradesmen through.

The first cab off the rank was a really nice Croatian guy who was working on my roof.

He chatted and chatted - I know most things about him, he has an 18 year old son, he's divorced, he wouldn't be working on Saturdays if he had a gf, am I single, etc etc.

Then he pulls one out of nowhere and says "you are very beautiful".

Now, I have my moments, but that wasn't one of them. I was working too, I hadn't even got a comb through my hair that day.

He then called me the next day (which I didn't get) then knocked on my door, out of uniform, on his day off.

He said, didn't you get my call? I'm like, no (I still haven't combed my hair). He said, I called to tell you I was coming back to pick up my secateurs (which he had left in my front yard in plain view...could've just grabbed em).

Anyway he came in, had coffee, chat chat, left again and I haven't heard from him since.

WTF? Just being friendly? If not, why didn't he ask me out or call?

The guy would be over 50 (age appropriate for once).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2013, 01:57 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
I give him a lot of credit actually. He was testing the waters to see how receptive you would be to his attention before he took the risk of asking you out.

It sounds like you gave him the message that you aren't interested, so he has stepped back.

Old 09-12-2013, 02:01 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
I'm having a lot of work done on my house so am getting a heap of tradesmen through.

The first cab off the rank was a really nice Croatian guy who was working on my roof.

He chatted and chatted - I know most things about him, he has an 18 year old son, he's divorced, he wouldn't be working on Saturdays if he had a gf, am I single, etc etc.

Then he pulls one out of nowhere and says "you are very beautiful".

Now, I have my moments, but that wasn't one of them. I was working too, I hadn't even got a comb through my hair that day.

He then called me the next day (which I didn't get) then knocked on my door, out of uniform, on his day off.

He said, didn't you get my call? I'm like, no (I still haven't combed my hair). He said, I called to tell you I was coming back to pick up my secateurs (which he had left in my front yard in plain view...could've just grabbed em).

Anyway he came in, had coffee, chat chat, left again and I haven't heard from him since.

WTF? Just being friendly? If not, why didn't he ask me out or call?

The guy would be over 50 (age appropriate for once).
What kind of coffee was it??

Idk... Maybe he thought to himself while chatting over coffee....

"She never combs her hair! Wow! I bet Moses couldn't part THAT hair!! I'm out!!"

Old 09-12-2013, 02:02 PM

LOLOL I did wonder that re. the hair.

And no, I wasn't what you'd call "receptive", just friendly. I can flirt, but not when I look like I'd gone through a gorse bush backwards.

Damn, is it that easy to put them off? Fragile creatures.

ETA: nescafe instant, my favourite.

Old 09-12-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I give him a lot of credit actually. He was testing the waters to see how receptive you would be to his attention before he took the risk of asking you out.

It sounds like you gave him the message that you aren't interested, so he has stepped back.
I have to agree with this here.

A guy is only going to do so much. If she isn't responding back the yeah, must not be interested.

Old 09-12-2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:

And no, I wasn't what you'd call "receptive", just friendly. I can flirt, but not when I look like I'd gone through a gorse bush backwards.

If you were interested then you would have open the door as if happy to see him face.

I think he pushed the envelope. I wouldn't say he was fragile at all.

Came over unexpected and hoped for something.

Old 09-12-2013, 02:08 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
My advice is to get a Nespresso machine. It brings all the boys to the yard.

Old 09-12-2013, 02:08 PM

Yeah maybe.

Anyway I've just found out, they're sending him back to do other work.

Maybe I can comb my hair this time.

Old 09-12-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
My advice is to get a Nespresso machine. It brings all the boys to the yard.
ROFL

I have plenty of boys in my yard already.

Old 09-12-2013, 02:18 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,958,706 times
Quote:

The guy made every attempt to hit on you.
Makes me feel like if I live with a woman I will NEVER hire a crew to work on my home.
Wow. And women complain that they can't get men to talk to them (not specifically you).

I am guessing that you did not flirt one bit, or show him much interest.
What he did IMO was very forward. And very unprofessional. Regardless of the day of the week.

But, be that as it may, he certainly tried his best short of grabbing you and giving you a smootch.
I have a feeling if you had flirted with him at all, he would have tried.

I don' know about you, but it makes me wonder how often these guys 'stop by on their day off to pick up tools' on all of their jobs.

Kinda creepy if you ask me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships