Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 02:27 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,007 times

Advertisements

Well I didn't twiddle my hair or swish my hips but I was friendly.

We had coffee together and I listened to his chit without telling him to ****.

What? Isn't that enough?

Some of the guys around CD think a female is flirting with them if she even looks at them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2013, 02:51 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,958,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post

What? Isn't that enough?

Some of the guys around CD think a female is flirting with them if she even looks at them.
there is a thread about 'being hit on and not knowing it' out there right now.
Most guys that responded commented that they can't usually tell in the moment if a women is hitting on them.

Oddly, some of the guys that post on this forum from time to time that seem to have a lot of success attracting women havent commented on it. But I would guess they know. Either that, or they just hit on everyone, regardless of who started it, which in their mind means they initiated, when really the woman did, but thanks to their 'tight game', they sealed the deal.

Old 09-12-2013, 03:26 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
The guy made every attempt to hit on you.
Makes me feel like if I live with a woman I will NEVER hire a crew to work on my home.
Wow. And women complain that they can't get men to talk to them (not specifically you).

I am guessing that you did not flirt one bit, or show him much interest.
What he did IMO was very forward. And very unprofessional. Regardless of the day of the week.

it makes me wonder how often these guys 'stop by on their day off to pick up tools' on all of their jobs.

Kinda creepy if you ask me.
I think this perspective is worth considering. Also, OP: are you into construction workers? I tend to not have anything in common with them to talk about, much. Unless your Croat was a lawyer or academic or writer or something, in his past life.

Old 09-12-2013, 04:15 PM

206 posts, read 254,761 times
Quote:
I'm having a lot of work done on my house so am getting a heap of tradesmen through.

The first cab off the rank was a really nice Croatian guy who was working on my roof.

He chatted and chatted - I know most things about him, he has an 18 year old son, he's divorced, he wouldn't be working on Saturdays if he had a gf, am I single, etc etc.

Then he pulls one out of nowhere and says "you are very beautiful".

Now, I have my moments, but that wasn't one of them. I was working too, I hadn't even got a comb through my hair that day.

He then called me the next day (which I didn't get) then knocked on my door, out of uniform, on his day off.

He said, didn't you get my call? I'm like, no (I still haven't combed my hair). He said, I called to tell you I was coming back to pick up my secateurs (which he had left in my front yard in plain view...could've just grabbed em).

Anyway he came in, had coffee, chat chat, left again and I haven't heard from him since.

WTF? Just being friendly? If not, why didn't he ask me out or call?

The guy would be over 50 (age appropriate for once).
He forgot a tool and came back for it.

Tradesmen always come back for it later.

Police always come back if they dropped equipment, same as EMTs.

You always know where you lost it....usually.

Who's honest and who isn't.

He also made a slight attempt to pick you up.

Looks like he blew up on ignition.

TKO

Old 09-12-2013, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longneck Bottle View Post
He forgot a tool and came back for it.

Tradesmen always come back for it later.

Police always come back if they dropped equipment, same as EMTs.

You always know where you lost it....usually.

Who's honest and who isn't.

He also made a slight attempt to pick you up.

Looks like he blew up on ignition.

TKO
I don't know what any of this means.

Old 09-12-2013, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I think this perspective is worth considering. Also, OP: are you into construction workers? I tend to not have anything in common with them to talk about, much. Unless your Croat was a lawyer or academic or writer or something, in his past life.
Yes I am into construction workers, I think.

I like my men to be Men. Rough hands, strong bodies, capable of fixing things including me.

I prefer the strong silent type, the one who throws you around the bedroom and tears your clothes with his teeth, and wouldn't know what emotion was if it jumped up and bit him in the ass.

Old 09-12-2013, 04:40 PM

206 posts, read 254,761 times
Quote:
I don't know what any of this means.
Means, if you leave a pair of $30 Craftsman Professional pliers, you WILL go back for them.

Same as a LEO who drops his Mag-Lite, cuffs, radio etc..

Someone has to pay for that chit.....

Old 09-12-2013, 04:48 PM

896 posts, read 1,177,253 times
Quote:

What? Isn't that enough?

No it isnt enough, which is why he didnt ask you out. Flirting really isn't about twirling hair and swishing hips...are you recently divorced and a little rusty?

Old 09-12-2013, 04:53 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,983,765 times
Quote:

What? Isn't that enough?
apparently not since you haven't heard from him

if you really were interested you should have made it more obvious. it doesn't sound like you were interested here, he probably picked up on that didn't feel like wasting your time or any more of his time

also, perhaps he lost interest - he might have reconsidered after the second longer talk

Old 09-12-2013, 05:05 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Call him back and lie about one of his tools being left there. When he gets there just say oh it must be one of the other workers. And comb your hair!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships