Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 03:43 PM

114 posts, read 214,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by introspective1 View Post
I don't know where I would find the bi community that caters to both female and male bisexuality.

I had to cut an older woman that I dated out of my life because she constantly had smart ass comments about me being bi. She used to make jokes about me having stds (I have none!) After every time we had sex
See that just sucks. I hope you let her know that that sort of thing was just not cool, and she was being very rude.

Old 08-29-2012, 04:05 PM

701 posts, read 1,563,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Most bisexual men probably don't look like ice-skaters. I'll bet they live in the suburbs, are married, have a button down job, drive an SUV, and play golf. They just bank on not getting caught with their "hand in the cookie jar," which the media then capitalizes upon when they are caught (if famous).

So while it's chic for women to be bisexual, the fact that the double standard exists causes men to seek the traditional role and play on the side. And the ladies married to them 1) don't have a friggin' clue, or 2) turn the other cheek because their mortgage and credit cards are paid for. Evidently, they've done the math, and prefer to stay.
Or 3. Do not feel threatened by their husband's sexuality and love him for who he is.

Old 08-29-2012, 04:13 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbelles View Post
Or 3. Do not feel threatened by their husband's sexuality and love him for who he is.
While I'm sure that option exists, I'm sure it's in the minority of cases.

Old 08-29-2012, 04:45 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,675 times
I'm pro-orgy. So I support this.

Old 08-29-2012, 05:27 PM

1,081 posts, read 1,813,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatGarfield View Post
See that just sucks. I hope you let her know that that sort of thing was just not cool, and she was being very rude.
Yeah i did. She still thought it was funny and didn't apologize.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:34 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
It's because women are bisexual based upon being able to have romantic relations with both sexes. (I am excluding the phony club girls of course) Men are bisexual based upon their ability to have casual relations with both sexes. I have rarely heard of men who had an LTR with a man, then a couple of years later and LTR with a woman, and then back again. Their bisexuality only relates to their orgasm channels, and nobody really cares about that. It's kinda gross to have a self-identity based upon an orgasm.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:02 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by introspective1 View Post
Ask yourself this: If a man marries a woman, is he automatically no longer going to be attracted to any other women besides his wife? No. If he is walking down the street, he may see other women that he is very attracted to but that doesn't mean he will go after them if he is really committed to his wife.

My point is just because a man is bi and he is with one sex doesn't mean he won't still be attracted to the other sex but that doesn't mean he will act on that attraction either....

It's kinda tough to explain..
I suppose I'm saying I think there is still a qualitative difference between a man/man RS and a man/woman RS, since the woman couldn't give him what a man could. She could substitute by say, using a strap-on, for instance. But it's true, for some guys the desire for other women will always be there to. So I should say that straight or bi people who just can't control themselves shouldn't be in a RS that is assumed to be monogamous.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:04 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
It is a double standard, and being honest about it I feel the way you do too!

It's kind of like ice skaters in the Olympics - I could watch the women skaters all day long, but the male skaters all just seem too feminized - which is a turn off.

The idea of a guy being with another guy just screams "gay" to me. And once you are gay you cannot be "ungay", you know? Kind of like being pregnant - there is no being "a little pregnant". If you are pregnant, you're pregnant!
I think this thinking stems from thinking of gayness as a disease or a very negative thing.

This thread got me thinking of ancient Greek frescoes showing MMF threesomes. A man doing another man in the pooper while he does a woman. I'm guessing ancient Greek women were generally okay with their husbands being bi?

Old 08-29-2012, 07:13 PM

701 posts, read 1,563,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
It's because women are bisexual based upon being able to have romantic relations with both sexes. (I am excluding the phony club girls of course) Men are bisexual based upon their ability to have casual relations with both sexes. I have rarely heard of men who had an LTR with a man, then a couple of years later and LTR with a woman, and then back again. Their bisexuality only relates to their orgasm channels, and nobody really cares about that. It's kinda gross to have a self-identity based upon an orgasm.
The term you're looking to use for women is bi-romantic (having romantic feelings for both sexes), which usually goes hand and hand with being bisexual (like hetero-romantic normally goes with being heterosexual). I do not believe that women are any more bi-romantic than men, only that they society expects them to be because women are believed to be more compassionate and expressive with their feelings. Society has reduced men to being sex hounds, so the thought of men being bi-romantic is often lost on people.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:27 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,181,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post
I'm straight, but don't mind a bi woman and have dated quite a few. Thing is though, what you're describing is the entitlement/double standard "It's okay for me, but not for you" attitude women take these days with everything:

"Women can be short, men cannot"
"Women can be fat, men cannot"
"Women can be broke, men cannot"
"Women can live at home, men cannot"
"Women should make less than their man, not the other way around"
"Women can be Bi, Men cannot"
Not to hijack the thread- but I don't think it is just men who suffer from double standards:

Men can be stocky, women cannot
Men can get loud and show anger, women cannot
Men can be sloppy, women cannot
Men can be ugly, women cannot
Men can shirk household work, women cannot
Men can sleep around, women cannot
I can go on- but I don't think this has anything to do with just women's attitudes

(And how do you think "women can be fat"? That is like the cardinal sin for a woman. lol)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships