Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2012, 10:20 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Well, they actually have a good market base with the diabetic crowd.... as they need to be aware of fast acting carbs as part of their diets...

So, the market is there for it..... LOL....

But then again... I'm a techie, not a marketing azzhole.... but best guesses are free, as they say......
Agreed, but point being when you go to the grocery store the products, while still there, are no longer front and center as they once were. At least that is my observation here.
Krispy Kreme, a company that took a royal beating due to the low carb craze went into the ice cream biz. Now you can get donuts and ice cream in the same cup.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:24 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Agreed, but point being when you go to the grocery store the products, while still there, are no longer front and center as they once were. At least that is my observation here.
Krispy Kreme, a company that took a royal beating due to the low carb craze went into the ice cream biz. Now you can get donuts and ice cream in the same cup.
True... the marketing crazy has died down for sure.... I agree.....

Old 12-08-2012, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
True enough.

I love going into the city...well, Raleigh. Really good restaurants in there.

Hmmm...I'm hungry. I should not go down this path. lol
Walked into town tonight to grab dinner and was walking with my camera hanging around neck Friday night. Don't think much about it but I do keep an awareness of my surroundings.
I've dined in downtown Raleigh on an occasion, I like it there.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Walked into town tonight to grab dinner and was walking with my camera hanging around neck Friday night. Don't think much about it but I do keep an awareness of my surroundings.
Were you hoping to snap a pic of godzilla????

Old 12-08-2012, 10:34 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
LOL, you'd be easy to find.

What kind of restaurant did you hit? I have a hankering for mediterranean food right now.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Were you hoping to snap a pic of godzilla????
You mean Godzira? No, it was a street festival and I was trying out my new camera.
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
LOL, you'd be easy to find.

What kind of restaurant did you hit? I have a hankering for mediterranean food right now.
Not as easy as you might think, lots of people walking around with cameras.
I don't recall the restaurant as it has been many years, but I do recall it was typical fare, no ethnic cuisine.

Old 12-08-2012, 11:03 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
You mean Godzira? No, it was a street festival and I was trying out my new camera.

Not as easy as you might think, lots of people walking around with cameras.
I don't recall the restaurant as it has been many years, but I do recall it was typical fare, no ethnic cuisine.
I could pick you out of a crowd. I would put money on it.
But not tonight. I'm going to bed!

Old 12-09-2012, 12:14 AM

As much as I'm ebarrassed to say,I'm a full on metalhead... I like it loud and heavy... that being said, if you listen to some old school Zepplin and it clearly has a major major blues influence... things that would have never went over when I was in HS... you talk about blues and you get the shyt kicked out of you...

I hear it now... I hear it big time.

It is funny how time changes you and how you can see or hear something in a new light..... albeit might be a black light... but a light nonetheless.......

Old 12-09-2012, 12:21 AM

1,601 posts, read 2,133,583 times
Quote:
As much as I'm ebarrassed to say,I'm a full on metalhead... I like it loud and heavy... that being said, if you listen to some old school Zepplin and it clearly has a major major blues influence... things that would have never went over when I was in HS... you talk about blues and you get the shyt kicked out of you...

I hear it now... I hear it big time.

It is funny how time changes you and how you can see or hear something in a new light..... all be it might be a black light... but a light none the less.......

"Killing Floor (1964 Single)" - Howlin' Wolf - YouTube

Sound familiar?

My friend and I call Zeppelin nerd-rock because they have songs about things like Lord of the Rings.

Old 12-09-2012, 01:16 AM

1,601 posts, read 2,133,583 times
I wish I could snap my fingers and have my water glass instantly refill itself. Alas...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships