Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How long did it take to get over someone you loved?
Up to a month 3 10.71%
2 - 5 months 6 21.43%
6 - 9 months 3 10.71%
about a year 1 3.57%
a couple years 2 7.14%
3+ years 3 10.71%
never 10 35.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 09:35 PM

476 posts, read 1,136,998 times

Advertisements

If you never truly get over someone but can still manage happiness and moving forward, that's something.
At least I won't feel crushed forever.

I spent 36 hours in bed & finally showered. Already feeling more alive. Maybe I'll even get an appetite.

My wallowing limit is Friday. This weekend I'm forcing myself to go camping & get some air.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 09:37 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,758,998 times
how should i know.

all I know is people invest way too much into others in the first place, all based on some b.s. love premise -- which is why 9 times out of 10 they end up looking like a fool when the other person plays them out. waste of time all the way around.

Old 09-20-2012, 03:18 AM

3,102 posts, read 5,636,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyweight View Post
I've been dumped, dismissed, cast aside, passed over, kicked to the curb. Today.

How long did it take to get over a break up with someone you loved?

I'm not trying to wallow. I'd like to stop feeling pangs and longing and loss as soon as possible.

Just, this is a first for me and I want to quantify, get some idea of how long I might be in this kinda pain. It's not scientific nor a guarantee I'll recover like *most* people, but I don't have anywhere else to go with my misery. I want to logic my way outta this with a reasonable timeframe.
What does it mean for you to Love? I understand You, but you Know, that the essence of the relations of dependency that dependent person feels inferior, he has to fill yourself to Another, to him it is a matter of life and death. He is ready to bear any relationship to ourselves, but would not be rejected, but would not be alone. Love in dependent relationships is a way to compensate for their own failure, and the spouse or your object of love is an object, which is intended to complement the failure.

This love - is the Union of two individuals, to help each other be realized. And there are no victims, as there is mutual help and understanding with confidence. And as practice shows it's more difficult than just donate. But productive and happier Life.

Old 09-20-2012, 03:34 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,802,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyweight View Post
I've been dumped, dismissed, cast aside, passed over, kicked to the curb. Today.

How long did it take to get over a break up with someone you loved?

I'm not trying to wallow. I'd like to stop feeling pangs and longing and loss as soon as possible.

Just, this is a first for me and I want to quantify, get some idea of how long I might be in this kinda pain. It's not scientific nor a guarantee I'll recover like *most* people, but I don't have anywhere else to go with my misery. I want to logic my way outta this with a reasonable timeframe.
If you could just logic your way out of the pain in a reasonable timeframe, then most likely you didn't experience true love. When we love for real, and we lose the person we love, we also lose everything our heart gave out to that person. Depending on how much of yourself you gave it will take time for that scar to form and for your heart to be restored. You will always feel like something was lost when it's true love, but the healing depends on what you invested. It also depends on how the situation/relationship ended and if you got closure or if questions still need to be answered. Took me about 4 years to get past the depression and pain from this girl I thought I would have spent my life with. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships