Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 04:09 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,849,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
It is funny when I hear people say marriage is hard. My reply is life is hard. Life is a fight whether you are married, single, or decline to state. I'm just glad to be fighting with her by my side.
Another +1 from me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 09:01 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,035,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
where did you meet your significant other? And was it a case of sparks flying, or more similar to a slow flame that eventually got very hot?
I met my fella through POF. A few small sparks when we first met...but our first real date was full fireworks.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:08 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,011,782 times
My wife worked at a Boston Market the first time I met her. I was involved in a relationship at the time. About half a year later I was no longer in that relationship, but my wife no longer worked at Boston Market. One night she happened to be in there at the same time I was. We talked and went on a date a few days later. Circumstances prevented us from developing a relationship at that time, so we reluctantly went our separate ways. Later that year I called her late one night, and she called me back a few days later. We agreed to give it another go and this time it worked. From the time I first met her at Boston Market to the time we started dating was almost a year and a half. From the time we started dating to our wedding day was about 5 1/2 months.

Old 09-08-2012, 12:07 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,458,244 times
long story short:

knew her for many many years (10 or so) but never really thought about her romantically. we lost touch for another few years while pursuing our interests and going about with our lives. eventually we found each others contacts online while looking for work (of all things). we reconnected as friends and it grew from that.

11 years married now and that funny girl i never had any interest in is my number one interest.....go figure

Old 09-08-2012, 01:07 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,175,221 times
I actually went into his place of work and was going to ask the manager if he would donate planters, seed and soil for a new little garden for our kids at the homeless shelter and there he was.
I was looking homely lol. Ball cap, jeans and a thermal long sleeve tee.
He said he would gather everything and drop it off at the shelter.
He showed up the next week, dropped off the stuff, hung out a little while then he asked me if I would like to go and have a drink with him after I got off of work, I accepted. We have been together ever since, almost 11 months now..
There were no sparks flying, I thought he was the sweetest behemoth I ever saw. He looks like an ex UFC fighter lol. Tall, big and lumbering, he looks mean to the outsider but is actually the biggest teddy bear ever!
I adore him to the fullest and on a deeper level.

Old 09-08-2012, 04:15 AM

1,890 posts, read 2,655,343 times
She was only 16, and she didn't have a father so it was easy to manipulate...

OH, that kind of thing. No. Never happened to me.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:05 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,173,251 times
I worked the 3:30 to 11:30 pm shift. Usualy stopped at the bar across the street with the guys for a couple beers after work. One night there was this pretty little green eyed girl with auburn hair working. Over the next few weeks I noticed she didn't act like most previous barmaids. Didn't flaunt her body or looks, just did her job and would have a conversation with customers unless they tried to make her. Then she pretty much ignored them or cut them off if they got too pushy. Eventualy we became friends. This coming December our 6 kids will help us celebrate our 30th anniversary. The funny thing is that when I finaly asked her to go out on a date and asked her what she liked to do she said "do you like to go fishing and campimg? I started fishing with my Dad when I was about 5 years old. Of course I liked to go fishing. We still got the 12 foot john boat we got after we got married and still use it.

Old 09-08-2012, 08:46 AM

50,829 posts, read 36,538,623 times
I met my Honey on an online dating site. It wasn't exactly love at first site, but more importantly, intrigue. he was a bit socially awkward and kind of weird (he ended our date voraciously shaking my hand and saying "well, take care!" WTF does THAT mean, lol?), BUT it was the first date I had in a looong time where I wasn't sneaking peeks at my watch because I was bored out of my skull!

Old 09-08-2012, 09:45 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,315,434 times
I was working in a mini mart part-time while going to college and he was the guy who delivered a well known brand of soft drink to our store. I thought he was cute, but I was afraid to say anything. Fortunately, someone I worked with did say something, he came up to the counter to buy a cup of coffee from me, called me by name (I didn't even know he knew my name!) and asked me out. That was in late 1986, and we will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary next year.

Old 09-08-2012, 10:43 AM

50,829 posts, read 36,538,623 times
That's a great story! I hope all the guys who are waiting for some perfect opportunity or some kind of guarantee will read this, and know the best way to get what you want is go for it! It took a lot of courage for your hubby to ask you out like that, good for him (and you!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships