Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 01:00 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
We met in the Sci-fi section in a book store. I noticed her immediately of course, out of the corner of my eye, seeing how beautiful she is, and oh my she smelled amazing! I think she was interested as well because it seemed like she was following me down the shelves. We both reached for the last copy of "Cryptonomicon", but I won. However, being the gentleman that I am I told her I would let her have the book if she would agree to have dinner with me And the rest is history. We've been dating like 8 months now, and I still can't wait to see her next!
Smooth Bio, smooth

Hope it keeps working out for you two!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 02:47 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,780,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Smooth Bio, smooth

Hope it keeps working out for you two!
Actually I can't take credit for the smoothness (I am not that smooth lol). I actually saw the move done in a movie beforehand. But the stars and the moon aligned just right giving me the perfect opportunity to try it, and I am glad I did

Old 09-10-2012, 02:48 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
Actually I can't take credit for the smoothness (I am not that smooth lol) as I actually saw the move done in a movie beforehand. But the stars and the moon aligned just right giving me the perfect opportunity to try it, and I am glad I did
People need to learn from you...nothing ventured, nothing gained

Old 09-11-2012, 04:04 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,428,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
where did you meet your significant other? And was it a case of sparks flying, or more similar to a slow flame that eventually got very hot?
It was a slower thing for us. The girls I am now in a relationship with I met through music. Organising and hosting "pre gig" meetups and the like. Both of them attended such meetups and over time I got to know them better until eventually we found ourselves in a relationship together. It has been the three of us ever since for 7 years ish now, give or take.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:34 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,553,005 times
I met my hunny online. We immediately had a strong intellectual draw that, we both feel, made for a great bond. We pick at the other's brain a lot. It's still amazing how much alike and in tune we are with each other. I really think that is the fuel to the fire between us, beyond the physical attraction. I am madly in love with his mind.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:41 PM

864 posts, read 1,455,582 times
I love all these stories. Anyone else?

Old 09-24-2012, 03:10 PM

64 posts, read 85,568 times
We met at a pub through a mutal friend. During the course of the evening I had no real interest in him because I wasn't looking to meet anyone at all but he kept coming over to me to make conversation. We ended up talking for quite a bit and we exchanged numbers. He actually called me the next day but I was out all day and returned his call the following day (this was way before the texting craze). We chatted a bit more and went out a few days later. I think it was after that 1st date when realized I could see something long term with him. Conversation was never forced and we had just enough indifferences to keep the relationship interesting. A few months later we had a set back, the "it's not you, it's me, I need space" thing. I was the first "relationship" after his breakup with a girl he had been dating for about 6 years. I respected that. Anyway, a few weeks after that we were back into a relationship and I never had any doubt in my mind that he was going to be "the one". We married 4 years after dating and have been married now 15 years.

Old 09-24-2012, 03:11 PM

496 posts, read 941,534 times
I sold my SO a life insurance policy. I still remember looking at the lead before I called him. I was thinking he was awfully young and his handwriting was awful. I thought about putting the call off until the next day because he was young and single and an unlikely life insurance candidate, but I figured I'd see what his deal was before I quit for the day. Anyway, we set up a lunch later in the week to go over his policy options.

When I arrived for lunch and walked up to shake his hand, my knees actually got shaky. I had to kick myself to get my brain back on track. I wanted to spend the entire lunch gazing at him. I thought he was one of the hottest guys I'd ever seen. That meeting felt like a date and I had to keep steering us back to the presentation and he finally said, "What's the best plan? That's the one I want." He now jokes that I cold-called him and he had to close the sale.

Even now, after years and ups and downs and all arounds, I still sit back and love to just look at him. He's also the most romantic guy I've ever been with and the most engaging. We are both confirmed hyperanalyzers, so we can talk about the smallest details for hours and not get bored. We might get mad, but never bored.

Old 09-24-2012, 03:23 PM

504 posts, read 852,965 times
I met my husband at a comic book shop late 1995. We were friends for months at first - hanging out, going to movies, playing DOOM all hours of the night on the network at the comic shop, Magic (the card game), etc. Then one night he asked if I could pick him up somewhere, so I did, then he just kind of never left So I have never actually done any 'dating'. Went from friends to living together all of a sudden. We made it official and got married in 2000

Yes, we're still both huge nerds.

Old 09-24-2012, 04:21 PM

864 posts, read 1,455,582 times
I get the biggest smile on my face reading these stories! Please keep them coming!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships