Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 01:12 PM

864 posts, read 1,453,831 times

Advertisements

I've seen so many threads lately on here that sounds like girls and guys playing mind games with each other (although I have to say, I really wish people would put the ages of the guys and girls involved, because SO much of it sounds "high school"). I don't understand the game playing. I've always heard that if a guy is interested in you, you'll know. No worrying about him just dropping hints, or playing stupid mind games, or if he's going to call, or how fast he texts you back, and garbage like that. I'm just wondering how others feel about that statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 01:18 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,119,307 times
If a guy is interested in you, he should just tell you he's interested. No games, no jedi-mind tricks or anything like that.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:20 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,835,374 times
From my experience the answer is yes. But after reading other responses on this site I am now inclined to believe that for whatever reason I attract mostly aggressive men. I have never wondered and they have always let me know very directly, "I actually like you as a person and am ready to be exclusive when you are."

I am learning now that perhaps there are other men who have been equally as interested but maybe they didn't want to be to pushy out of respect--. Who knows? I am still a youngin and learning

Because of my experience, if a guy is not direct with me, I automatically assume he is not interested and very quickly move on.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe'sTavern View Post
If a guy is interested in you, he should just tell you he's interested. No games, no jedi-mind tricks or anything like that.
I actually like Jedi mind tricks, but then again, I'm a SW fan, haha.

3,360 posts, read 8,386,514 times
The answer is an emphatic yes. It goes for both genders. If a woman is interested in a man, they will know as well. I suppose there are a few exceptions (very few), but in the vast majority of cases, it's obvious. So if you have to ask, "Is he/she interested in me?" the answer will be "no." If you don't know, they're just not that into you.

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times
Yup, agree. When a person is interested you will know. They won't wait to call, they won't play stupid games..etc.

You'll also know when they lose interest. They stop calling, stop texting as frequently as they used to, can't find time to see you..etc. and if/when you question it they make excuses. "I've been busy, work has been crazy", "my phone died"..etc.

Words to live by:
If it's important to you, you'll find the time
If not, you'll find an excuse

^^True 100% of the time!

Old 09-08-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Words to live by:
If it's important to you, you'll find the time
If not, you'll find an excuse

^^True 100% of the time!
I love that! AMEN sister! lol

Old 09-08-2012, 01:26 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
I've thought a few men were interested in me, but it turns out they definitely weren't so I'm apparently really bad at figuring these things out. I'm VERY direct with men if I'm interested but have never had a man just tell me he wanted to date me. Even the obvious signs of attraction aren't signs of attraction, apparently. The last guy I liked was very flirty, we hugged, gave each other kisses on the cheek, he would sit with his arm around me, we'd text each other etc. I let him know that I was interested and he asked my sister out.

So, now I don't even know what to look for.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:45 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,780,102 times
False. You'll know most of the time, but men can be just as hard to read as women.

I had a friend who I got the feeling might have a crush on me, and even had a couple other friends say the same thing unprompted. I found out later he's married with a baby, and just a really friendly guy.

I've also had male friends reveal years down the line that they once had crushes on me.

Now, to be safe, I just assume everyone is in love with me and I sit and wait for their gifts of adoration.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:47 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,994 times
I disagree because I have thought men were interested when they weren't and men I thought weren't interested but were. There are variations such as age, whether they are shy or not, many other things. I recently had a classmate tell me that he had a crush on me in school but afraid to ask me out (and I am talking over 20 years ago). I have thought men liked me because they were sending me signals like smiling, approaching me but then I asked them to get together and found out they had girlfriends, weren't interested etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships