Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 11:35 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,791,944 times

Advertisements

I recently went out with my brother and his girlfriend to a bar to play pool. We were having a great time just doing our own thing. Then about 2 hours into the night this chick walks in with her own pool cue and starts playing pool by herself. She was cute, and looked really into it, but was alone. I've been alone a lot of times playing pool too and sometimes it's ok, but sometimes you get depressed looking around at all the dates playing pool around you. So after about 3 or 4 games of her playing by herself I decided to be nice and offer to simply play a few games with her. I really had no intentions beyond playing pool and maybe getting to know a little about her that night.

Well we were a few games in and I found out she was actually practicing for some tournament, so I tried not making things too personal after that, but then she got kinda personal and then I found that we both grew up in the same area in Miami (We live in Tennessee now). She had moved up here when she was 17 and I moved here 3 years ago. So we were having fun then I offered her a drink, and got myself one. She was being flirtatious with me. I asked her if she didn't want to play me anymore it would be ok because I didn't want to occupy her table or distract her practice, but she insisted I stay and play a few more games. Some other random guy cut in and played the next game though. He was all over her being kinda creepy just trying to hit on her and stand behind her and show her how to hold the stick ect. so I cut in and told him she already knows how to play buddy, she's just practing for a tournament.

After that game the guy felt rejected by her I guess, and irritated by me because I wouldn't leave, but he had cut into our game so I decided to stay there with her as she said she wanted to play me some more. He challenged me to a game. I beat him. He hit the cue on the ground really hard and walked off mad. The girl told me thanks for getting that guy out of here, he was creeping me out. I said he was disturbing me too, no worries. Then we continued playing our set of games. By the last game I made a bet with her and told her if I won, we would have to meet again and play another game, but if I lost I would clean her car. She said that sounds like a bet. So we played, I won, and then the place was closing so I offered to walk her to her car. She said ok that sounds good. She showed me the inside of her car (dirty as hell so thank God I didn't lose that game...lol) and she told me to call her sometime. So I called the next night and wanted to meet up next week sometime to play our game, but she said she was busy and wouldn't be able to meet for two weeks. So I said that was cool and we agreed we would keep contact.

I gave her some space and called her a week later asking if she found out what a good time would be to go out for her and then we exchanged some small talk, the conversation was good. She said maybe next Wednesday would be a good day to meet up. So I waited till the next Monday and texted her asking if she was still on for Wednesday. She texted back and gave a time and place and said looking forward to it. So Wednesday came around, got to the bar and she was already there. I offered something to eat or a drink and she wanted a drink so we got a drink. Then about 3 games in and some conversation she told me she was expecting someone else to be coming up there with her later on in about an hour. Some guy she said was her pool teacher. So I said that's cool, then 20 minutes later my brother and his girl show up and they played against me and the girl.

Then another 20 minutes later this dude walks in kinda cocky looking with the steroid shoulders/neck and his MMA shirt on and came straight up to the girl and said something like, "Who are these people?" Then she said, "Oh he was just practicing a few games with me". So she and the 'pool teacher guy' walk over to a table on the far side and play over there. I thought to myself, "What the hell was that all about?" because I thought I had a date with her, but she informs me this guy is coming to help her practice but they seem to be closer then that as I watched them from a distance. My brother was kinda pissed off, but I told him don't worry about them, I'm ok...even though it was strange and my hopes of a good date were destroyed once again by someone who seemed to wnat to play games with me. My brother insisted we go over there and challenge Mr. Pool Master and the girl to a game. So we did, we played 3 games and won 2 of 3 and walked away winners in pool and exposed this guy in front of her. He wasn't a pool expert, so i have no idea why she would be practicing with him....lol....Anyways I felt like crap after going home alone again being done like this again by another decieving woman. Not all women are like this, but the ones in my path seem to be.

So about 3 weeks later I'm up at the bar and see this chick with another dude playing pool. He didn't seem too good at the game. I walked over and said how u doing? then I said "Where's your pool teacher at?"....lol...she said, she didn't need a teacher anymore....lol...So I assume that she was into that guy who ruined my date, and as I got burned that night, she soon after got burned by that dude....I'm not sure, but I think that's probably what happened. I have seen her a few times in there since then and avoid her but say hi to be nice and she is usually only with some girlfriends of hers now.

So I guess I just want to know why did she even make a time and place to meet up with me like that as she flirted with me the whole time, if she knew I wasn't the one she really wanted to spend that night hanging out with? It makes no sense why someone would do that. I know I wouldn't. Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 11:50 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,224,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
I recently went out with my brother and his girlfriend to a bar to play pool. We were having a great time just doing our own thing. Then about 2 hours into the night this chick walks in with her own pool cue and starts playing pool by herself. She was cute, and looked really into it, but was alone. I've been alone a lot of times playing pool too and sometimes it's ok, but sometimes you get depressed looking around at all the dates playing pool around you. So after about 3 or 4 games of her playing by herself I decided to be nice and offer to simply play a few games with her. I really had no intentions beyond playing pool and maybe getting to know a little about her that night.

Well we were a few games in and I found out she was actually practicing for some tournament, so I tried not making things too personal after that, but then she got kinda personal and then I found that we both grew up in the same area in Miami (We live in Tennessee now). She had moved up here when she was 17 and I moved here 3 years ago. So we were having fun then I offered her a drink, and got myself one. She was being flirtatious with me. I asked her if she didn't want to play me anymore it would be ok because I didn't want to occupy her table or distract her practice, but she insisted I stay and play a few more games. Some other random guy cut in and played the next game though. He was all over her being kinda creepy just trying to hit on her and stand behind her and show her how to hold the stick ect. so I cut in and told him she already knows how to play buddy, she's just practing for a tournament.

After that game the guy felt rejected by her I guess, and irritated by me because I wouldn't leave, but he had cut into our game so I decided to stay there with her as she said she wanted to play me some more. He challenged me to a game. I beat him. He hit the cue on the ground really hard and walked off mad. The girl told me thanks for getting that guy out of here, he was creeping me out. I said he was disturbing me too, no worries. Then we continued playing our set of games. By the last game I made a bet with her and told her if I won, we would have to meet again and play another game, but if I lost I would clean her car. She said that sounds like a bet. So we played, I won, and then the place was closing so I offered to walk her to her car. She said ok that sounds good. She showed me the inside of her car (dirty as hell so thank God I didn't lose that game...lol) and she told me to call her sometime. So I called the next night and wanted to meet up next week sometime to play our game, but she said she was busy and wouldn't be able to meet for two weeks. So I said that was cool and we agreed we would keep contact.

I gave her some space and called her a week later asking if she found out what a good time would be to go out for her and then we exchanged some small talk, the conversation was good. She said maybe next Wednesday would be a good day to meet up. So I waited till the next Monday and texted her asking if she was still on for Wednesday. She texted back and gave a time and place and said looking forward to it. So Wednesday came around, got to the bar and she was already there. I offered something to eat or a drink and she wanted a drink so we got a drink. Then about 3 games in and some conversation she told me she was expecting someone else to be coming up there with her later on in about an hour. Some guy she said was her pool teacher. So I said that's cool, then 20 minutes later my brother and his girl show up and they played against me and the girl.

Then another 20 minutes later this dude walks in kinda cocky looking with the steroid shoulders/neck and his MMA shirt on and came straight up to the girl and said something like, "Who are these people?" Then she said, "Oh he was just practicing a few games with me". So she and the 'pool teacher guy' walk over to a table on the far side and play over there. I thought to myself, "What the hell was that all about?" because I thought I had a date with her, but she informs me this guy is coming to help her practice but they seem to be closer then that as I watched them from a distance. My brother was kinda pissed off, but I told him don't worry about them, I'm ok...even though it was strange and my hopes of a good date were destroyed once again by someone who seemed to wnat to play games with me. My brother insisted we go over there and challenge Mr. Pool Master and the girl to a game. So we did, we played 3 games and won 2 of 3 and walked away winners in pool and exposed this guy in front of her. He wasn't a pool expert, so i have no idea why she would be practicing with him....lol....Anyways I felt like crap after going home alone again being done like this again by another decieving woman. Not all women are like this, but the ones in my path seem to be.

So about 3 weeks later I'm up at the bar and see this chick with another dude playing pool. He didn't seem too good at the game. I walked over and said how u doing? then I said "Where's your pool teacher at?"....lol...she said, she didn't need a teacher anymore....lol...So I assume that she was into that guy who ruined my date, and as I got burned that night, she soon after got burned by that dude....I'm not sure, but I think that's probably what happened. I have seen her a few times in there since then and avoid her but say hi to be nice and she is usually only with some girlfriends of hers now.

So I guess I just want to know why did she even make a time and place to meet up with me like that as she flirted with me the whole time, if she knew I wasn't the one she really wanted to spend that night hanging out with? It makes no sense why someone would do that. I know I wouldn't. Any thoughts?
Yeah definitely playing games.

You should have gone for the lay the same night you met her. Did you even make a move that night?

Old 09-13-2012, 12:34 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,791,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
Yeah definitely playing games.

You should have gone for the lay the same night you met her. Did you even make a move that night?
Nah, never did. I'm old skool, not really into one night stands. Thanks for reading and analyzing.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:48 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,945,615 times
Quote:
Nah, never did. I'm old skool, not really into one night stands. Thanks for reading and analyzing.
That's a really funny story, here I'm thinkin damn this guy is doin pretty good and then that happens. In reality you played it pretty cool and I don't think you could have done anything different. Doesn't seem like you're looking for a girl like that anyways.. she's someone who you wouldn't want to associate with for more than a night.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:52 AM

2,095 posts, read 3,103,955 times
Quote:

Sounds like she wasn't clear that it was a date. Sorry.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:11 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,489,562 times
That was pretty rude of her to set a date with you and then shine you on like that.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:19 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,640,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildaLoo View Post
Sounds like she wasn't clear that it was a date. Sorry.
This.

It didn't sound like a date at all.... my guy friends call me up and we go shooting pool and drinking nearly every weekend and I've never once thought it was a 'date'. Bars for for hanging out, not dating. She's probably more confused than you are and doesn't think she's doing anything wrong.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:28 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,945,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
This.

It didn't sound like a date at all.... my guy friends call me up and we go shooting pool and drinking nearly every weekend and I've never once thought it was a 'date'. Bars for for hanging out, not dating. She's probably more confused than you are and doesn't think she's doing anything wrong.
A bar is a great place to get to know someone. I've had some great first dates just taking girls out and having some drinks. There's a big difference between getting to know someone over drinks and just hanging out with your friends.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:32 AM

2,095 posts, read 3,103,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
A bar is a great place to get to know someone. I've had some great first dates just taking girls out and having some drinks. There's a big difference between getting to know someone over drinks and just hanging out with your friends.
Yeah but I guess the OPs brother was there this time too? Or did I misunderstand? Anyway, it sounds like maybe she just wasn't clear.

To the OP: would you consider calling her and asking her on a date date, and making it clear that it is a date? Or are you done with her?

Old 09-13-2012, 01:39 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,640,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Of course...when you're already dating. As a first date? I'd assume he just wanted to hang out and wasn't serious. Maybe this is because I hang out at a local dive with my guy friends often so that's what I associate it with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships