Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 08:00 AM

65 posts, read 105,922 times

Advertisements

Thank you all for your thoughts and support. I agree with all that has been said.

However, she texted me early this morning saying, "I want to apologize about last weekend. Something happened so had to go to my aunt's house in 'Blank' city. I am really sorry!"

Well, I am a forgiving kind of guy. But something about this gal makes me question her sincerity. She is like a yo-yo (up and down) in her apparent interest level toward me. I also left out of my earlier posts that she sometimes tells me about all the "other guys" chasing her. Several of whom are doctors or surgeons she is quick to point out. I am a college educated professional but I am not a doctor.

I think part of her craves attention and she might just be looking for more attention from me.

Should I give her one more chance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 08:09 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,306,249 times
I wouldn't bother. Someone who is truly interested in you wouldn't behave that way. Sounds like she's the type to just keep you hanging around for if she doesn't have any other plans. Once she sees you're amenable to that, it's game over. In addition to being someone she's not truly interested in, you've also lost her respect.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:11 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Were you too harsh? No.

She may just be a little flaky. It's good to know what she's probably like early on.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:16 AM

3,925 posts, read 6,839,150 times
I think your text was fairly harsh, just in regards to what you two really had "invested". She should have shown you some common courtesy and texted you to either cancel or confirm the plans. In my opinion though, if I was in the same situation as you, I would have just ignored her moving forward. After your initial "Get together at 8pm" text you should have just backed off. If she wanted to go out, she would have gotten a hold of you.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:20 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
I don't think there was anything wrong with it. If she was unavailable she should have said that when she said she was in another city. I can understand your frustration.

If that were the only hitch, though, I might say give her another chance. However, her "yo-yo" like interest and talking about other guys makes it sound like she's playing you or stringing you along to keep you interested. Good luck with that.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:22 AM

22,339 posts, read 29,439,446 times
You were fine. She was a clam. Next

Old 09-25-2012, 08:22 AM

936 posts, read 2,061,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corazon12 View Post
Thank you all for your thoughts and support. I agree with all that has been said.

However, she texted me early this morning saying, "I want to apologize about last weekend. Something happened so had to go to my aunt's house in 'Blank' city. I am really sorry!"

Well, I am a forgiving kind of guy. But something about this gal makes me question her sincerity. She is like a yo-yo (up and down) in her apparent interest level toward me. I also left out of my earlier posts that she sometimes tells me about all the "other guys" chasing her. Several of whom are doctors or surgeons she is quick to point out. I am a college educated professional but I am not a doctor.

I think part of her craves attention and she might just be looking for more attention from me.

She's playing games with you. She never had any intention of getting into a relationship with you.

Cut your losses, and walk away. She has nothing to offer you.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:26 AM

90 posts, read 131,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corazon12 View Post

I don't think you were too harsh. Can't quite understand why she wouldn't have texted back that she was at her Aunt's house for a family situation or whatever, and that's why she couldn't meet you.

Have you responded to this latest text? Maybe accept her apology, say that these things happen and then wait...and let her suggest getting together. At this point I'd say she needs to, having abruptly cancelled on the previous plans. I'm not wild about how she makes sure to mention the other guys chasing her. Tacky. But if you're still interested, respond to her text and see what happens.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:07 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,833,652 times
OP if you think you were being too harsh, you're over analyzing the situation. Text messages will do that to you because you relive them every time you see them in your phone. Delete the messages and delete her from your life. She's not for you.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:15 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,237,884 times
You were not harsh at all. In fact, you asked an honest and direct question. To me a lot of it falls on the reader. If the reader chooses to interpret it a certain way with negative tone then that's their problem. You asked a simple question with a yes or no answer and no beating around the bush. Everyone should be that way.

Honestly, I don't think I'd ask her out again. If she were truly interested, when she texted you apologizing, why couldnt' she just pick up the phone and speak to you and suggest meeting up again?

Edit: I just saw the part about her boasting that other men chase her. OP, delete her number and move on. Sounds like she's looking to add more guys to the chase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships