Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 10:01 AM

2 posts, read 2,068 times

Advertisements

I have been with my bf for 2yrs 6 months now and he has always had a habbit of texting other girls and its driving me nuts cuz he keeps saying that its just texting and he loves only me. But how am I supposed to believe that if he gets the chance with one of them he won't take it? We are both 21 and born two days apart. I really love him but the texting is killing me. Any advice will be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 10:02 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,608,108 times
yes, find another man.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:03 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,112,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by givingup View Post
I have been with my bf for 2yrs 6 months now and he has always had a habbit of texting other girls and its driving me nuts cuz he keeps saying that its just texting and he loves only me. But how am I supposed to believe that if he gets the chance with one of them he won't take it? We are both 21 and born two days apart. I really love him but the texting is killing me. Any advice will be appreciated.
Hmm, follow the advice of your s/n and give up on this jerk. Texting other girls isn't okay.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:04 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by givingup View Post
You might love him, but you need to love yourself MORE.

All healthy relationships are based on RESPECT and TRUST.

He doesn't respect you and you don't trust him.

This relationship is a waste of your time.

Find your backbone and move on. "Love" doesn't look like this.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:04 AM

2,982 posts, read 9,838,481 times
if he's texting in front of you, and its harmless, ask him to see the texts and responses. tell him you would like to be able to discuss with him the things that he is talking to others about. He refuses, hes cheating, or searching.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:05 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,007,888 times
What is he texting them and who are they to him?

Old 09-12-2012, 10:05 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Depends on what he's texting. Are these platonic friends or what?

Old 09-12-2012, 10:42 AM

1,922 posts, read 3,987,752 times
Maybe find out if they are just friends first?

I don't think he should have to give up his friends to be with you, but if they are just friends politely ask him if he could refrain from texting them when you two are together.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:50 AM

3,925 posts, read 6,842,298 times
WTF?!?! So many posts saying that she needs to give up on him...?!?

If any girlfriend of mine ever said that I need to drop my female friends for her, she is getting booted out the front door sooner than it takes to post this reply!

If they are ONLY friends then you are far too insecure and you need to keep your emotions in check. He has a right to have friends, girls or guys, as do you! You should not expect him to drop his friends because he is now dating you.

Now, if they are "more" than friends, that is a different story all together... and you need to get rid of him if he doesn't stop.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:51 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,383,130 times
You can't MAKE him do anything. You are the only one who can take action to improve your situation.

I suspect if he was just friends with these chicks you wouldn't be freaking out - it sounds like he's flirting heavily (unless you're one of those nuts who thinks people can't have friends of the opposite gender). If he is flirting excessively with other women via text, then you dump him. Hey some women are ok with this I guess, but you are obviously not. Neither of you will change your stance without a great deal of resentment. So let him go.

You're really young. Trust me - there will be other guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships