Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2012, 12:45 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,836,810 times

Advertisements

"Live and let live"

"Everybody's got to run their own race"

"It's a pretty big world out there"

Old 09-28-2012, 12:50 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,383,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
I used the CEO phrase... but I did not compare husband's to CEO's. I would appreciate if you read all of the posts vs pulling out "sound bites" and forming an opinion on them. That's a sign of a bad Co-Leader... not understanding the facts and making decisions on bad information,.

I did not say a man should be the leader unless it is deserved. And I listed what those characteristics were. None of those characteristics included him being a man.

Back to your concept of Co-Leaders... It is a great ideology, but it is not practical or functional. Someone... singular, has to make the final decision. In everything. It can be discussed, compromised, negotiated or whatever. But someone has to pull the trigger or push the button.

Doesn't have to be the same person every time. The "decision maker" can vary with the situation. In my experience, the person who cares about the issue more generally takes the lead, and in situations where it comes down to a big decision, if one position is untenable to either member of the couple, it's either time for marriage counseling or the other person needs to give way.

On a big purchase that is not a necessity, if one member of the couple objects strongly, how could the other party violate their wishes in good conscience. Now maybe the objector is being unreasonable, but if that's the case, then there's something else that's wrong - the issue should be less about "submission" and more about why they're being irrational.

A child's health problem could be a major issue, but automatically ceding that power to one person could be just as much of a disaster.

I don't see at all where one person should have the "right" to pull the trigger and expect the other to just go along with their final decision, no matter how great or "worthy" a person they are.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:52 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,897,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Doesn't have to be the same person every time. The "decision maker" can vary with the situation. In my experience, the person who cares about the issue more generally takes the lead, and in situations where it comes down to a big decision, if one position is untenable to either member of the couple, it's either time for marriage counseling or the other person needs to give way.

On a big purchase that is not a necessity, if one member of the couple objects strongly, how could the other party violate their wishes in good conscience. Now maybe the objector is being unreasonable, but if that's the case, then there's something else that's wrong - the issue should be less about "submission" and more about why they're being irrational.

A child's health problem could be a major issue, but automatically ceding that power to one person could be just as much of a disaster.

I don't see at all where one person should have the "right" to pull the trigger and expect the other to just go along with their final decision, no matter how great or "worthy" a person they are.

As I have stated previously to someone else... I never said anything to the contrary to what you are saying.

Of course it can be different people at different times... that's just common sense. Do we really need to be that pety in our discussion?

Old 09-28-2012, 01:02 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,383,130 times
Quote:
As I have stated previously to someone else... I never said anything to the contrary to what you are saying.

Of course it can be different people at different times... that's just common sense. Do we really need to be that pety in our discussion?
I haven't read most of your stuff. I tuned out on this a while back except for the bits where I get to be obnoxious

I just made assumptions as to where you fell on the "men should lead" spectrum, I guess. Oops.

Old 09-28-2012, 01:48 PM

2,802 posts, read 6,431,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToHaveALife View Post
i'm pretty sure a dominant woman is the right fit for me, well is the right fit for an inexperienced guy
Your problem is not lack of experience - it's lack of character. I've seen many men like you living their lives subjugated to a domineering women, psycollogically abused every day, but they enjoy it because they've never fully matured into men and all they want is a mommy who will give them tough love. Is your mom authoritarian? Do you have a dad?

Old 09-28-2012, 02:43 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,201,354 times
Quote:
I used the CEO phrase... but I did not compare husband's to CEO's. I would appreciate if you read all of the posts vs pulling out "sound bites" and forming an opinion on them. That's a sign of a bad Co-Leader... not understanding the facts and making decisions on bad information.

I did not say a man should be the leader unless it is deserved. And I listed what those characteristics were. None of those characteristics included him being a man.

Back to your concept of Co-Leaders... It is a great ideology, but it is not practical or functional. Someone... singular, has to make the final decision. In everything. It can be discussed, compromised, negotiated or whatever. But someone has to pull the trigger or push the button.

I've been with my husband for many years now and neither of us has to make the final decision on anything. We collaborate on a flat platform because we're both that intelligent and that mature. I do count my blessings.

Old 09-28-2012, 04:17 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,897,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I've been with my husband for many years now and neither of us has to make the final decision on anything. We collaborate on a flat platform because we're both that intelligent and that mature. I do count my blessings.
But one of you does make the final decision whether you are aware of it or not... there is a difference between collaboration and making a final decision.

A simple example:

You: What movie are we going to see?
Husband: I want to see movie A...
You: I rather see movie B...
Husband: I don't want to see movie B
You: what about movie C?
Husband: ok...

In your mind that's both of you making the final decision huh?

In actuality its just collaborating... And one of you made the final decision... Do you know which one?

Old 09-28-2012, 04:24 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,799,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
It's not about what you are addressing, but what Stan was addressing in her post to rebel, which was submission via gender. That's how it read to me.
Its not precisely submission via gender. Nobody is asking you to submit to every male you meet.

Old 09-28-2012, 07:51 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
Its not precisely submission via gender. Nobody is asking you to submit to every male you meet.
Wow. You will literally do anything but answer the question. Amazing.

Old 09-28-2012, 08:12 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,799,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Wow. You will literally do anything but answer the question. Amazing.
You still don't get it? Wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships