Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 04:59 PM

833 posts, read 657,867 times

Advertisements

I would not even go near a girly girl type person. Major turn offs include make up, fake giggles, OTT feminine clothing etc. A girl who is comfortable with herself in jeans and a ponytail with a cap is just as appealing as they come.

It is all about what you like. There is no right or wrong answer.

Old 12-26-2014, 07:57 PM

1,921 posts, read 1,740,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
No I'm a scorpio
Mouahaha. I guessed that right off the bat. So am I.

I'm a very feminine woman and some guys like it, some others don't.
Most men I dated were into "laid back" women before dating me. After they dated me and dumped me, they started dating very very feminine women. They literally started looking for [ratchet] vixens (no joke). At least I'm glad I helped them somehow ha.

I'm a fake girly girl though. Those guys thought I'd be the "precious" type who was scared of breaking a nail and would rather shop than watch a football game. Nope buddy. I even know how to repair a car, I practice martial arts and on Sundays I'm the skater type.

Feminine women tend to be regarded as being "high maintenance". No, we're not. We just like to feel good about ourselves.

I'm not the sensitive type though. That's why my exes "dumped" me. They liked that I could carry a convo but they hated the fact that I had to rationalize my feelings. I think far more than I feel. All of them told me I'm too "brainy" for my own good. I guess they were only looking for a doll then. Never judge a book by its cover. They thought I was your typical "girly & sensitive girl" based on my looks (you know, the type who likes flowers and chocolates) ... poor guys were in for a rude awakening! Don't be fooled guys!

Old 12-26-2014, 08:17 PM

13,656 posts, read 9,717,813 times
I don't feel threatened by a woman who's versed in car-repair, who can build a fire, navigate adroitly with a paper-map or program in Matlab. I'm even OK with her riding a motorcycle. But I do prefer if she wears skirts rather than pants, long hair rather than short (a braid is best!). I prefer narrow necks and narrow waists, thin arms and overall delicate features. And I'm utterly baffled by women who watch football or NASCAR.

Old 12-26-2014, 08:33 PM

1,921 posts, read 1,740,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
I don't feel threatened by a woman who's versed in car-repair, who can build a fire, navigate adroitly with a paper-map or program in Matlab. I'm even OK with her riding a motorcycle. But I do prefer if she wears skirts rather than pants, long hair rather than short (a braid is best!). I prefer narrow necks and narrow waists, thin arms and overall delicate features. And I'm utterly baffled by women who watch football or NASCAR.
Oh please! Watching NASCAR is fun!

I'm very girly. I only wear dresses or skirts and heels. I have shiny hair and polished makeup but that doesn't prevent me from enjoying watching car races from time to time.

It's not about being threatened. It's about a woman being versatile enough to fit into (almost) any sort of environment. I'm sorry but women who act like "princesses" are exhausting. I admit, I love everything girly but there's a point where you have to enrich your mind instead of just looking like a real life doll.

A woman who is not capable of enjoying different sorts of activities is boring and one dimensional. No man wants a one dimensional woman except those macho guys who believe women belong in the kitchen. Men want a fun woman who can sometimes act like a buddy without being scared of breaking a nail. Fragile princesses are draining in my opinion.

Back when I was an undergrad, I would always hang out with a girl who believed she was "precious". She even asked her high school boyfriend to buy her a 500$ ring for their second anniversary. He didn't, she dumped him. She likes fancy things and is very "proper" (the type of girl who watches Pride and Prejudice on repeat and who is a ballerina). I found her obnoxious to the core. Why is she expecting a man to treat her like royalty? She was very girly but also expected her boyfriends to treat her like a queen. She was ridiculous and so predicatable. Men want a FUN and SPONTANEOUS woman.

Old 12-26-2014, 08:48 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
This thread is funny
Most women I know are both feminine, without being "high maintenance " and are in between the two stereotypes.

Old 12-26-2014, 09:17 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,003,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinPhilly View Post
A woman who is not capable of enjoying different sorts of activities is boring and one dimensional. No man wants a one dimensional woman except those macho guys who believe women belong in the kitchen. Men want a fun woman who can sometimes act like a buddy without being scared of breaking a nail. Fragile princesses are draining in my opinion.
Nothing wrong with a woman being in the kitchen. I find women who can't cook as a major turnoff. I don't think that's cute.

Old 12-26-2014, 09:18 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
when we lost our roles we became confused actors.
many that spear headed this movement were already confused ---now the rest of us are too.

Old 12-26-2014, 09:24 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,003,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
when we lost our roles we became confused actors.
many that spear headed this movement were already confused ---now the rest of us are too.
I agree 100%. It becomes even more evident when you visit other countries and see that men are still men and women didn't lose their femininity. America is lost for the most part and it's sad.

Old 12-26-2014, 09:26 PM

3,749 posts, read 4,968,226 times
Depends what you mean by feminine. I like girls who are sweet and have high pitched voices, but I don't care much about them wearing makeup or whatever, as long as they aren't total slobs.

Old 12-28-2014, 10:57 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Some like it, some don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships