Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 01:28 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
You want to be mothered by your girlfriend? Uh, that's a problem.
Big problem and a huge turn off for women. We don't have sexy feelings towards our sons!

Old 01-20-2014, 01:34 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,693,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Big problem and a huge turn off for women. We don't have sexy feelings towards our sons!
HUGE problem! Trust me, no woman wants to end up being her husband's mother! I understand men wanting to seek out women who embody the best qualities of their mother-- but your wife is NOT YOUR MOTHER. Those apron strings would stay tied forever!

Old 01-20-2014, 01:48 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,052,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chit chatter View Post

I have to admit the most attractive women to me are ULTRA FEMININE.

They are: soft, sweet, have a voice that is higher pitched, gentle, nurturing, sensitive, emotional.

They also do everything they can to look like a woman: Makeup, clothes, long hair, nails, etc.

You call this ultra feminine??? Looks like just a normal woman to me who is comfortable being a woman and doesn't want or need to act like a man. By the way, my career is pretty much in a man's field but you'd never see me looking or acting like a man. And I am VERY good at what I do for a living.

Old 01-20-2014, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
You call this ultra feminine??? Looks like just a normal woman to me who is comfortable being a woman and doesn't want or need to act like a man. By the way, my career is pretty much in a man's field but you'd never see me looking or acting like a man. And I am VERY good at what I do for a living.
Women nowadays comfortable with their own femininity isn't as common as it used to be.

Old 01-20-2014, 05:08 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
A girly-girl would never consent to a fixer upper.

I'm kinda girly....but if there was a fixer upper, I wouldn't consent to much of the fixing part. Drawer pulls, light switch covers and paint pretty much cover it for me.

Old 01-20-2014, 05:16 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
I'm both.

Old 01-20-2014, 05:25 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,052,087 times
Let me be clear. Femininity does not mean the woman is helpless, refuses to get her hands dirty, etc.

Old 01-21-2014, 07:18 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage_girl View Post
I don't understand why a woman who is feminine is expensive and high maintenance. People tend to assume I'm high maintenance because I like to dress well but if anyone asked my husband, he'd say I'm a cheapo always going to the clearance rack, lol. I do like to dress nice but I am not a spendthrift, nor do I think high maintenance is a nice trait to have. I like being a girly-girl and yes, I know the difference between a 0000, 000, 00, 0, 1, 2, 3, and 4 Phillips.
Chit chatter said that ultra feminine women do everything they can to look feminine, such as have long hair and nails, always wear makeup, etc. That's a good description. Long nails get dirty quickly, long hair can be expensive and time consuming to maintain, and so on. It blows my mind over on the Fashion board how much women will spend on their hair ($300+ for one haircut and style) or accessories like shoes and bags. It's great that you achieve the look you like for less, but you seem to acknowledge you're shopping for a high-end look.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Chit chatter said that ultra feminine women do everything they can to look feminine, such as have long hair and nails, always wear makeup, etc. That's a good description. Long nails get dirty quickly, long hair can be expensive and time consuming to maintain, and so on. It blows my mind over on the Fashion board how much women will spend on their hair ($300+ for one haircut and style) or accessories like shoes and bags. It's great that you achieve the look you like for less, but you seem to acknowledge you're shopping for a high-end look.
The majority of women don't spend money like that on their looks. If they do, it's more of a status thing for other women "oh I got this great dye job at blah blah."

I tend to keep long nails, have had super long hair, and have done/do physical work. I've gardened, used tools, scrubbed my home clean, have gone hunting, etc. I'm not afraid to get my nice manicure dirty because I can always wash my hands. My husband has a preference for long hair and if it gets in the way, I braid it or put it up. I am neutral when it comes to makeup because it's nice for special occasions but for every day use I hardly use much. My jewelry collection is large not because I spend a lot of money, but because other people have given me gifts. I, along with many other women, are not so above getting our hands dirty when it's needed.

One thing I've noticed men misunderstand about women is most women like to have a bold piece, whether it's their hair, nice makeup, a nice bag, shoes, whatever. Not all women can afford or want to spend their money frivolously so a statement look or accessory is enough for them. It doesn't mean ultra feminine women are expensive or high maintenance at all. After all, men spend lots of money on cars, electronics, tools, outdoor activities, etc. which also serves as a status symbol and statement but that's supposed to be okay. There's no sense in complaining about super masculine men who want to spend good money on hunting, fishing, body building, etc.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:44 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage_girl View Post
The majority of women don't spend money like that on their looks. If they do, it's more of a status thing for other women "oh I got this great dye job at blah blah."

I tend to keep long nails, have had super long hair, and have done/do physical work. I've gardened, used tools, scrubbed my home clean, have gone hunting, etc. I'm not afraid to get my nice manicure dirty because I can always wash my hands. My husband has a preference for long hair and if it gets in the way, I braid it or put it up. I am neutral when it comes to makeup because it's nice for special occasions but for every day use I hardly use much. My jewelry collection is large not because I spend a lot of money, but because other people have given me gifts. I, along with many other women, are not so above getting our hands dirty when it's needed.
Yeah, I wouldn't classify you as ultra-feminine if you rarely wear makeup and wear your hair in a ponytail. It's a rare thing, as you point out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.