Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2014, 02:20 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
Baiting her own fish hook while saying eww, it's gross - okay
Being handy with wrenches, jackstands and power tools - not okay

Wha?

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Wait, a woman that can use tools is a turn off? How in the world?

I'm confused as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Guess I am a a turn off. LOL. My dad taught me how to use tools and fix things. Good thing too, my ex-husband was clueless (still is) but while married it saved us a lot of money that I could fix things around the house... and it saves me a lot of money for not having to call a repair man for every little thing. My only hang up, I am kind of fearful of fixing electrical things. I'll change out an electrical outlet or light switch, but that's about it (and even then I turn off the main breaker, lol).
You're good in my book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
It's because they're intimidated by a woman being more knowledgeable about 'man stuff' than they are. I ran across A LOT of this during my stint as a mechanic. I actually had grown men throw complete temper tantrums in public on several occasions when they realized I would be working on their car...pretty funny if you ask me

You already know you're good in my book.

Last edited by Magnatomicflux; 01-15-2014 at 02:29 AM..

Old 01-15-2014, 11:49 PM

258 posts, read 230,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I did the opposite...moved from CA to Boston a while back and HATE the superficiality of the west coast. You do know that the people on the west coast are just like the people in New England, except the cover it up with fake smiles and pretentiousness and then just turn around and talk crap the minute you walk away. Nope, I'll take the brashness and openness of New Englanders anytime over the fakeness of the west coast.

Regardless, I've seen far more feminine women in Boston than I ever did on the west coast. Riding the subway this morning I saw women who are dressed to the nines for work, full makeup, hair, designer bags, nice jackets, scarves and boots. Since moving here, I've actually upped my style quite a bit and stopped being as 'tomboyish' as I was in CA.

As for the bolded... my bf and I had a conversation about this not too long ago and he said he KNOWS I don't necessarily need him, but the fact that I want him in my life makes him happy. I think that's the difference... do I want to be with a man who needs me in his life, or one who doesn't need me but chooses to have me because he enjoys my being around. Easy choice, really.
I never said there weren't any feminine women in Boston at all. But they're in the minority. I just came from back there after a family emergency. I purposely looked at women on the streets. Nope, still fat, ugly, barf-inspiring, annoying New England womenz. Their faces are just as ugly as I've seen anywhere in USA. Their butts are waaay bigger than nicely fit SF women. Their aura is that of cold attitudes and unfriendliness. They're still difficult to approach. I say - no thanks. Please keep these things out of California. Or any other place I might move to.

As for the need thing - this is another reason why American women over there were crossed off the list for me. If you don't need the guy, it means the second you get tired you will throw him away and find a new one (or not at all). And same goes for him. It's like wanting a new car or laptop. Do you need them? No. But you want them, right? But you change these from time to time. Same with your significant other. It's just another gadget.

Old 01-16-2014, 03:18 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,429,588 times
I have no problem with feminine women, quite the opposite in fact, but I do have a problem with girly women, the ones who speak with that creepy baby voice.

Old 01-16-2014, 03:21 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,429,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchromesh View Post
I never said there weren't any feminine women in Boston at all. But they're in the minority. I just came from back there after a family emergency. I purposely looked at women on the streets. Nope, still fat, ugly, barf-inspiring, annoying New England womenz. Their faces are just as ugly as I've seen anywhere in USA. Their butts are waaay bigger than nicely fit SF women. Their aura is that of cold attitudes and unfriendliness. They're still difficult to approach. I say - no thanks. Please keep these things out of California. Or any other place I might move to.
If they're so fat and ugly, why is it a problem that they're unapprochable? It seems to me like a bad case of the fox and the grapes. By the way, I've been to many places where women are supposedly unapprochable and I never had any problems in that respect. Maybe you're not up to scratch?

Old 01-16-2014, 07:55 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchromesh View Post

As for the need thing - this is another reason why American women over there were crossed off the list for me. If you don't need the guy, it means the second you get tired you will throw him away and find a new one (or not at all). And same goes for him. It's like wanting a new car or laptop. Do you need them? No. But you want them, right? But you change these from time to time. Same with your significant other. It's just another gadget.
I see gorgeous, thin, fit women in Boston constantly... I'm talking every single time I go out. I definitely don't see them as the minority. I actually ramped up my exercise and diet routine partially because of how pretty the women are around here.

I grew up in CA and left in part because of the obnoxious attitudes of the people there.

Old 01-16-2014, 08:01 AM

2,194 posts, read 3,850,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I love feminine women(not feminest), the girly girl types. Women that try/do act like dudes is major turn off for me.
^^ This.

Old 01-16-2014, 09:39 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I love feminine women(not feminest), the girly girl types. Women that try/do act like dudes is major turn off for me.

What is it women do to act like dudes?

Old 01-16-2014, 09:49 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times
[quote=Synchromesh;33041020]I never said there weren't any feminine women in Boston at all. But they're in the minority. I just came from back there after a family emergency. I purposely looked at women on the streets. Nope, still fat, ugly, barf-inspiring, annoying New England womenz. Their faces are just as ugly as I've seen anywhere in USA.
[quote]

So unless your family consists only of men, the women in your family are fat, ugly, barf-inspiring and annoying?

Also, do you understand that not everyone lives in the same place their entire life?

Old 01-16-2014, 09:50 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times
Anyone who cannot stand the sight of a woman wielding a power tool should never buy a fixer-upper home with their partner.

Old 01-16-2014, 10:43 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Anyone who cannot stand the sight of a woman wielding a power tool should never buy a fixer-upper home with their partner.
A girly-girl would never consent to a fixer upper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.