Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2014, 09:32 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,430,089 times

Advertisements

You aren't really qualified to comment unless you have dated both.

I very much thought the more feminine the better.
However I meet a girl is ultra feminine in everything to do with her appearance. But her personality is like when I'm talking to a male friend. It really is a great balance and thing to have. Too bad she is married. And rare scenario.

Last edited by dave nz; 01-06-2014 at 10:01 PM..

Old 01-07-2014, 02:35 AM

258 posts, read 230,264 times
I hear the OP. That was the biggest problem with women back in Boston. New England culture made them cold and very unfeminine in both appearance and behavior. That was one of the main reason I refused to date American women when I lived there.

I did date one girl that was a bit of a tomboy (she wasn't American). Huge turn off. Really, if I wanted to date manly people I'd date dudes. So count me in "feminine women" fan camp.

Old 01-07-2014, 03:14 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,232,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchromesh View Post
I hear the OP. That was the biggest problem with women back in Boston. New England culture made them cold and very unfeminine in both appearance and behavior. That was one of the main reason I refused to date American women when I lived there.

I did date one girl that was a bit of a tomboy (she wasn't American). Huge turn off. Really, if I wanted to date manly people I'd date dudes. So count me in "feminine women" fan camp.
reading this response is like stepping in dog-shyt, it stinks and is wrong..

cold climate women are unfeminine in appearance and behavior??

i've dated and lived with both types of women the very feminine , "miss prissys" very girly girl, self-centered, everything seemed to be about looks and "what others thought" quite the "plastic" and shallow personality, afraid of breaking a fingernail. She was 105lbs was neurotic about food, germs, oh, she was very pretty, but she always felt she wasnt pretty enough,,under her shell of "image" she was very insecure
took pills for her growing anxieties.

i've also dated some not tomboyish, but resourceful woman, that i found very real, much more adjusted, adventurous, knew who she was, wasnt out to please the world- she would volunteer to help cut or stack wood, to help build a dock , to help can some veggies,,, to work in the garden,,
id much rather have this woman , than a plastic woman ,,, just focused on how others perceive her mostly on her looks

im willing to bet "cold and unfeminine" as you stated,,, in reality is a woman who was too much of a challenge for you,,maybe a bit too independent??? wouldnt allow herself to be treated as a dog..??

Old 01-07-2014, 03:31 AM

9,086 posts, read 1,460,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tube Screamer View Post
I like women who keep quiet and get in the truck!

Don't you sass me, ya hear. lol
Bite me! (sorry but I could not resist)

Old 01-07-2014, 03:33 AM

258 posts, read 230,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
reading this response is like stepping in dog-shyt, it stinks and is wrong..

cold climate women are unfeminine in appearance and behavior??

i've dated and lived with both types of women the very feminine , "miss prissys" very girly girl, self-centered, everything seemed to be about looks and "what others thought" quite the "plastic" and shallow personality, afraid of breaking a fingernail. She was 105lbs was neurotic about food, germs, oh, she was very pretty, but she always felt she wasnt pretty enough,,under her shell of "image" she was very insecure
took pills for her growing anxieties.

i've also dated some not tomboyish, but resourceful woman, that i found very real, much more adjusted, adventurous, knew who she was, wasnt out to please the world- she would volunteer to help cut or stack wood, to help build a dock , to help can some veggies,,, to work in the garden,,
id much rather have this woman , than a plastic woman ,,, just focused on how others perceive her mostly on her looks

im willing to bet "cold and unfeminine" as you stated,,, in reality is a woman who was too much of a challenge for you,,maybe a bit too independent??? wouldnt allow herself to be treated as a dog..??
First of all, no need to get your panties in a bunch. Second, I never said "cold climate" women. I said "New England". Most Canadian women I met in Montreal were absolutely awesome and I certainly would date them if I lived there.

And yes, if you take a look at New England and realize it's puritan history, you'll see its reflection on current generation of women that live there. It's perfectly normal for many women to get out of bed and walk around the city in pajamas or something similar when it's hot enough outside. I've seen it more than once. No make up, messy haircut, etc. On top of that, many (but not all) seem to have somewhat masculine faces with larger noses which makes them look even less feminine. Southern and West Coast women tend to have less of that. Of course I'm generalizing, there are exceptions to all but this is often the case. That's 21 years of Boston area living talking to you here.

Also, cold personality is a very New England thing and goes for both men and women. After moving to SF I realize that more and more every day. People here might be a little more shallow but are far more pleasant to deal with in general. At least so far.

Lol @ challenge part. No, really. Teh funny. As for independent - it's not a bad thing but in careful moderation. If they become all independent then they won't need a man at all, now will they?

Old 01-07-2014, 06:30 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
First of all, no need to get your panties in a bunch. Second, I never said "cold climate" women. I said "New England". Most Canadian women I met in Montreal were absolutely awesome and I certainly would date them if I lived there.

And yes, if you take a look at New England and realize it's puritan history, you'll see its reflection on current generation of women that live there. It's perfectly normal for many women to get out of bed and walk around the city in pajamas or something similar when it's hot enough outside. I've seen it more than once. No make up, messy haircut, etc. On top of that, many (but not all) seem to have somewhat masculine faces with larger noses which makes them look even less feminine. Southern and West Coast women tend to have less of that. Of course I'm generalizing, there are exceptions to all but this is often the case. That's 21 years of Boston area living talking to you here.

Also, cold personality is a very New England thing and goes for both men and women. After moving to SF I realize that more and more every day. People here might be a little more shallow but are far more pleasant to deal with in general. At least so far.

Lol @ challenge part. No, really. Teh funny. As for independent - it's not a bad thing but in careful moderation. If they become all independent then they won't need a man at all, now will they?
I did the opposite...moved from CA to Boston a while back and HATE the superficiality of the west coast. You do know that the people on the west coast are just like the people in New England, except the cover it up with fake smiles and pretentiousness and then just turn around and talk crap the minute you walk away. Nope, I'll take the brashness and openness of New Englanders anytime over the fakeness of the west coast.

Regardless, I've seen far more feminine women in Boston than I ever did on the west coast. Riding the subway this morning I saw women who are dressed to the nines for work, full makeup, hair, designer bags, nice jackets, scarves and boots. Since moving here, I've actually upped my style quite a bit and stopped being as 'tomboyish' as I was in CA.

As for the bolded... my bf and I had a conversation about this not too long ago and he said he KNOWS I don't necessarily need him, but the fact that I want him in my life makes him happy. I think that's the difference... do I want to be with a man who needs me in his life, or one who doesn't need me but chooses to have me because he enjoys my being around. Easy choice, really.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:37 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:

I lived in SF and moved back to Boston, thank God. The people are so much more real here.

The only good women I met in CA were some people living in Yosemite doing hard core climbing. Those were fine ladies.

Of course, I rather have a girlfriend to hike with, ski with, etc than someone who is afraid to chip a nail or worried about their make up (which is kind of gross, in general, I mean, paint for faces? What is wrong with your real face?).

Super feminine women are dolls, they aren't people I can actually interact with. An athletic outdoorsy woman can be super feminine at the proper time and place (some can, not all) and that makes their sensualness and femininity even that much more appealing. Going from the the campsite, to the kayak, to seduction on the beach is not something an ultra feminine woman can generally do.

And who wants a woman that NEEDS a man? I don't want someone to want me because they NEED me, but because they WANT to be with me.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:45 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,194,198 times
The prissy princess plastic types suck.

The I can do everything a man can types suck too.

There's a happy medium in there. That's what i like.

Old 01-07-2014, 07:48 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
I like 'em more rough and tumble. Athletes.
Then you may have fire signs in your chart.

I'm a Virgo-Capricorn moon.

Old 01-07-2014, 04:27 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,432,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
How are tattoos masculine? I have a sleeve that is full of birds and flowers. Not exactly 'masculine'.

I LOVE mechanics and work on bikes/trucks/cars/planes etc. because I love it, not because it's a male or female thing. It's what I'm good at, so I roll with it

If I'm too 'manly' for you, that's your problem not mine
No problem here,I just like the more feminine types.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.