Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 12:36 AM

2,464 posts, read 6,466,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Guess I am a a turn off. LOL. My dad taught me how to use tools and fix things. Good thing too, my ex-husband was clueless (still is) but while married it saved us a lot of money that I could fix things around the house... and it saves me a lot of money for not having to call a repair man for every little thing. My only hang up, I am kind of fearful of fixing electrical things. I'll change out an electrical outlet or light switch, but that's about it (and even then I turn off the main breaker, lol).
That's the same for me. I'm thinking I'm shutting off the main breaker too. My dad taught me how to work on cars and took me on construction jobs. As a result, I'm really good with fixing/remodeling just about anything. My husband always comes to me for my opinion on all things construction (except he's better with electrical than I am - I suck at it) and we've saved 10's of thousands of dollars in tile jobs, flooring, painting, plaster, drywall, plumbing, concrete, etc. In my 20's I worked as an office manager for a safety and inspecting company for government construction sites (insuring blue prints and CA Universal Building Codes were followed). So I know my stuff.

I guess to some people being proficient with a male trade is not considered "ultra feminine" regardless of what we look like. Considering that if someone were to look at me in my dress up moments (with my long hair, mani/pedi, make up, rack, dress, etc.) they might consider me "ultra feminine." But slap a tool belt on me and all bets are off. LOL! Fine by me.

Last edited by mommabear2; 01-19-2014 at 12:56 AM..

Old 01-19-2014, 04:11 AM

620 posts, read 1,198,074 times
Let's just say I got an erection while reading your description.

Old 01-19-2014, 05:32 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,426,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
That's the same for me. I'm thinking I'm shutting off the main breaker too. My dad taught me how to work on cars and took me on construction jobs. As a result, I'm really good with fixing/remodeling just about anything. My husband always comes to me for my opinion on all things construction (except he's better with electrical than I am - I suck at it) and we've saved 10's of thousands of dollars in tile jobs, flooring, painting, plaster, drywall, plumbing, concrete, etc. In my 20's I worked as an office manager for a safety and inspecting company for government construction sites (insuring blue prints and CA Universal Building Codes were followed). So I know my stuff.

I guess to some people being proficient with a male trade is not considered "ultra feminine" regardless of what we look like. Considering that if someone were to look at me in my dress up moments (with my long hair, mani/pedi, make up, rack, dress, etc.) they might consider me "ultra feminine." But slap a tool belt on me and all bets are off. LOL! Fine by me.
Nah, no serious tradesman wears a tool belt. I would probably think: "Poor thing, playing handymen".

Old 01-20-2014, 12:05 AM

1,311 posts, read 1,692,740 times
I don't understand why a woman who is feminine is expensive and high maintenance. People tend to assume I'm high maintenance because I like to dress well but if anyone asked my husband, he'd say I'm a cheapo always going to the clearance rack, lol. I do like to dress nice but I am not a spendthrift, nor do I think high maintenance is a nice trait to have. I like being a girly-girl and yes, I know the difference between a 0000, 000, 00, 0, 1, 2, 3, and 4 Phillips.

Old 01-20-2014, 03:59 AM

1,965 posts, read 3,307,657 times
didn't read this entire thread, but I love feminine women. Especially those that can cook, give a great massage, and respect my independence as well. In return, I do a lot for that type of woman.

Old 01-20-2014, 09:15 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Every woman that I've gotten to know beyond the surface level is ultra-feminine. The ability to see that and appreciate it depends on the type of man your are.

I once dated a woman who was a world-class high hurdler. Physically, she was extremely powerful and athletic and most guys were intimated by her. As I sat across the table from her while we ate lunch, I noticed that she had beautiful eyes and long eyelashes. Her skin was incredibly smooth. I had her grab my hand and her skin and hands were soft too. She had a soft touch, a feminine touch. Her lips were beautiful. After we ate, I stood up and grabbed her coat so I could help her get into it. Her curves were incredibly feminine. Ultra-feminine? You bet. Her voice was soft in a feminine way as she thanked me for being so courteous. Honored to be with this feminine beauty, I held the door for her as she got into my car. We drove to my apartment and got more comfortable.She took off her sweater, revealing beautifully-toned arms, and more soft skin. Soft music, more wine, more conversation. I was interested in her. We kissed and she was one of the best deep French kissers. Nothing but ultra-femininity there. We stayed up most of the night as I submerged myself in the femininity of this powerful woman in all her naked glory. Just incredible.

All women are feminine and beautiful. Learn to appreciate the various forms this comes in.
That's total Bull Sh*T. All woman are not feminine and all women are definitely not beautiful. Just because a woman has a nice body doesn't mean she's feminine, do you even know what the word means?

Old 01-20-2014, 10:56 AM

2,464 posts, read 6,466,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Stranger View Post
Nah, no serious tradesman wears a tool belt. I would probably think: "Poor thing, playing handymen".
Unless you're on an extendable ladder and don't want to carry up a toolbox or putting up molding/lath/drywall and need a place to put your nails.

Old 01-20-2014, 01:19 PM

457 posts, read 604,652 times
I think ultra feminine would be a slight turn off (like "I broke a nail" types of comments on a regular basis). However, the ideal woman for me would be motherly (prone to want to hug and sound very positive/caring), yet not over the top to where it seems fake.

Old 01-20-2014, 01:25 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,398,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngroh View Post
I think ultra feminine would be a slight turn off (like "I broke a nail" types of comments on a regular basis). However, the ideal woman for me would be motherly (prone to want to hug and sound very positive/caring), yet not over the top to where it seems fake.

You want to be mothered by your girlfriend? Uh, that's a problem.

Old 01-20-2014, 01:26 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,692,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngroh View Post
I sometimes jokingly say "I broke a nail" and then laugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships