Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2014, 10:01 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,045 times

Advertisements

If I wanted a masculine partner I would date my best friend

Men want feminine women and women want masculine men, I don't see why this is such a hard concept for people to understand

Old 01-18-2014, 01:53 AM

258 posts, read 230,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Stranger View Post
If they're so fat and ugly, why is it a problem that they're unapprochable? It seems to me like a bad case of the fox and the grapes. By the way, I've been to many places where women are supposedly unapprochable and I never had any problems in that respect. Maybe you're not up to scratch?
It's not a problem that they're unapproachable. I was just listing what they are. Personally I tend to avoid them because I'm not interested in dating them. Why waste our mutual time? SF women seem to be much friendlier and easier to strike a conversation with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I see gorgeous, thin, fit women in Boston constantly... I'm talking every single time I go out. I definitely don't see them as the minority. I actually ramped up my exercise and diet routine partially because of how pretty the women are around here.

I grew up in CA and left in part because of the obnoxious attitudes of the people there.
We might have different tastes in women then. Seriously, take a look. Boston women on average tend to be larger. Yes, there are some fit ones and some good-looking ones too of course. It's a large city and by law of numbers there are some. On top of that there are tons of college students from other states who skew the curve a bit. But if you look at the ones that were born in New England they tend to be on the larger side and their faces tend to be unattractive. At least to me. SF women (again on average) seem more attractive in a purely physical sense.

As for growing up in somewhere and leaving - that's what I did with Boston. A cold miserable place full of annoying people, family and friends excluded.

Btw, one more thing about Boston - it's a very family-oriented places. It's pretty normal to be single in your 20s but stay single in your mid-30s - early-40s and you'll get that sorry look from your married friends who have 2-3 children by now. You'll also need to find new friends because these are too busy with their families and they only want to hang out with other people like them. Ask me how I know. This gets even worse the further you get from a city. I worked for a company in Milford, MA where there were about 4 single guys out of about 30 total. One was gay, 2 were just out of college and me. Everybody else had families. I felt sorry for them.

Old 01-18-2014, 02:03 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,145,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
If I wanted a masculine partner I would date my best friend

Men want feminine women and women want masculine men, I don't see why this is such a hard concept for people to understand
Try getting people to agree on what "feminine" & "masculine" even mean.

That's what's hard about it

Old 01-18-2014, 02:26 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,391,475 times
Default All women are ultra feminine

Every woman that I've gotten to know beyond the surface level is ultra-feminine. The ability to see that and appreciate it depends on the type of man your are.

I once dated a woman who was a world-class high hurdler. Physically, she was extremely powerful and athletic and most guys were intimated by her. As I sat across the table from her while we ate lunch, I noticed that she had beautiful eyes and long eyelashes. Her skin was incredibly smooth. I had her grab my hand and her skin and hands were soft too. She had a soft touch, a feminine touch. Her lips were beautiful. After we ate, I stood up and grabbed her coat so I could help her get into it. Her curves were incredibly feminine. Ultra-feminine? You bet. Her voice was soft in a feminine way as she thanked me for being so courteous. Honored to be with this feminine beauty, I held the door for her as she got into my car. We drove to my apartment and got more comfortable. She took off her sweater, revealing beautifully-toned arms, and more soft skin. Soft music, more wine, more conversation. I was interested in her. We kissed and she was one of the best deep French kissers. Nothing but ultra-femininity there. We stayed up most of the night as I submerged myself in the femininity of this powerful woman in all her naked glory. Just incredible.

All women are feminine and beautiful. Learn to appreciate the various forms this comes in.

Last edited by LexusNexus; 01-18-2014 at 02:42 AM..

Old 01-18-2014, 08:05 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,432,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Try getting people to agree on what "feminine" & "masculine" even mean.
When the woman tries to compete with the man,that's masculine. And it's insecurity on their part to try to be something they're not. Too bad it doesn't work the other way around and men could try to outdress the women etc...that'd probably be considered gay though,which women are not usually attracted to as far as relationships either.

Old 01-18-2014, 08:22 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,658,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
A girly-girl would never consent to a fixer upper.
That's not true. Sometimes you can't afford a better house.

Old 01-18-2014, 08:26 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,616,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Stranger View Post
I have no problem with feminine women, quite the opposite in fact, but I do have a problem with girly women, the ones who speak with that creepy baby voice.
What's wrong with that?

Old 01-18-2014, 08:38 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,145,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
When the woman tries to compete with the man,that's masculine.
What qualifies as "competing"?

Quote:
And it's insecurity on their part to try to be something they're not.
How do they try to be something they are not?

Quote:
Too bad it doesn't work the other way around and men could try to outdress the women etc...that'd probably be considered gay though,which women are not usually attracted to as far as relationships either.
Stylish & well-dressed doesn't mean feminine. I've seen many very well-dressed, stylish men who "outdress" many frumpy women & they don't look gay at all. They look like confident, sexy, masculine men to me.

Old 01-18-2014, 09:38 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,658,991 times
I saw this commercial today and this is totally me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouqaJ2yWv1c

Old 01-18-2014, 09:48 PM

17,636 posts, read 22,647,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
This has been an interesting discussion. I've always wondered about it because I tend to be feminine on the inside (thought process and how I treat people) but outwardly I am a bit Tomboyish with my hobbies and interests.

I tend to wear jeans, a leather jacket and boots of some sort... not dresses. I don't wear a lot of makeup--although I do wear mascara because I am a blonde and when you have blonde eyelashes it looks like you have no eyelashes, lol. I don't do my nails (would be a waste of time... had manicures before and it lasts me a few hours, tops), I don't wear jewelry, and I hate shopping, reality shows, and all that other stereotypical "women stuff" and rather go out for hike, go scuba diving or camping, watch a football game, or help with home repairs or other projects.

But on the other hand I tend to be feminine and maybe almost motherly (at least the groups of guys I hang around tell me that... they say I am the group "mom"). And they treat me like a lady (even apologize when they curse, like I've never heard it before... then again, I don't curse). I still have the long hair and while I don't "dress up" much, what I do wear tends to be figure flattering. And I tend to prefer traditional gender roles (so while I am on a dive boat doing a male dominated hobby... I still appreciate the guys helping me with heavy gear... In turn I tend to do things like bring them all coffee after a cold dive, etc). So while I do things with the guys, I have no desire to be one of the guys other than in comradeship.

I also clean up well It never fails and it's like the Hollywood movie steortype when I dress up in heels and a little black dress. I only do that maybe 2-3 times a year. But when I do, it's usually a shock to men and women I know. Both genders always comment on it and sometimes gawk a little (mainly because it's a surprise to them). I have noticed the man I am dating now will act different when I am dressed up. He's always nice to me, polite, holds doors, and all that stuff, but he gets more so when I am dressed up--more guiding me by putting his hand on the small of my back more attention to whatever needs he thinks I have. It's fascinating to me that how I dress can change his behavior so much--I hate to say it, but he treats me like royalty and it's almost over the top for me--but I know he means well. Funny thing though, his treating me like that kind of turns me on too--so the night usually ends well for both of us
I
like a lady dressing in heels & a little black dress...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.