Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 07:04 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,201,037 times

Advertisements

I never understood that, people always say "men are ready when there ready and no women can change that" but that's mostly crap. In my own personal life and in general when a man really is into a woman he doesn't take long to make it official Unless hes too nervous. It's only when he sorta kinda likes the girl and is weighing his other(possibly better) options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2012, 07:08 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Agreed. If it's the right girl he'll want to take her off the market immediately. If he's 'eh' about her he'll hesitate and draw it out because he might meet someone better. Seems fairly simple to me.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:35 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,368,313 times
Well really, every person is ready when they're ready. It doesn't matter if they are a man or a woman. Could be longer with one person than it took the same person with someone else I would imagine it depends on numerous factors.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:00 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,161 times
Likely people believe guys take long to commit as it is true for some guys and it's a way for gals to rationalize why a guy won't commit to her without having to do any negative self-reflections. No different than people believing gals like jerks as it is true for some gals and it's a way for guys to rationalize why they aren't successful with women without having to do any negative self-reflections.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:10 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I never understood that, people always say "men are ready when there ready and no women can change that" but that's mostly crap. In my own personal life and in general when a man really is into a woman he doesn't take long to make it official Unless hes too nervous. It's only when he sorta kinda likes the girl and is weighing his other(possibly better) options.
This is what the women on C-D have been saying whenever this comes up on a thread. It's some of the men who say they want to be players all their life. When I posted on the women-push-for-marriage thread that actually, it's the guys who usually are in a hurry, guys posted I was crazy. But the women pretty much agreed that it was their husband who proposed when they were least expecting it, and not really interested in marriage at the time. When a guy's into a woman, he doesn't want to risk losing a good thing.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:11 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,379,000 times
If you're thinking LT, then a guy wants:
a) to see her true colors, some of which are displaying themselves a little at a time, and
b) think about what she might turn into when she hits the wall

Old 10-12-2012, 08:17 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Likely people believe guys take long to commit as it is true for some guys and it's a way for gals to rationalize why a guy won't commit to her without having to do any negative self-reflections. No different than people believing gals like jerks as it is true for some gals and it's a way for guys to rationalize why they aren't successful with women without having to do any negative self-reflections.
Sounds like you really need to take your own advice.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:21 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,201,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is what the women on C-D have been saying whenever this comes up on a thread. It's some of the men who say they want to be players all their life. When I posted on the women-push-for-marriage thread that actually, it's the guys who usually are in a hurry, guys posted I was crazy. But the women pretty much agreed that it was their husband who proposed when they were least expecting it, and not really interested in marriage at the time. When a guy's into a woman, he doesn't want to risk losing a good thing.
I see your general point but I'm not really talking about marriage though(that generally takes a while because its a life decision), i just mean an exclusive relationship.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:28 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Sounds like you really need to take your own advice.
Unsure how it sounds like I really need to take my own advice when nowhere have I made statements, suggestions, or implications about my dating life placing blame on men to avoid negative self-reflections.

I'm not unsure on why you avoided the OP to comment on my post.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:31 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Totally agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships