Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 02:54 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,167,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
You don't know me very well.

The sarcasm in that post was fowing like a river.
Oh you were joking!!! LOL... Ok, then yes I admit being terrible when it comes to having a sense of rumor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2012, 02:54 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,201,037 times
Some guys don't like Virgin women(past a certain age) because they think they'll be too clingy afterwards. Think Wedding Crashers

Old 09-30-2012, 02:56 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Virgin woman deserve respect...not saying a virgin is worth more or less than a non-virgin...all woman are of value...Sex generates very powerful emotions- and can create a rapid bond...Doll Eyes mentioned to me that it's too bad that most men don't give virgin woman a "chance" _ what has this world come to when a girl or woman of inexperience is considered like a job applicant with no experience- When I was a virgin...the more experienced girl that I had sex with said..."You are so good- it must be from all the practice you get with all those other girls" -well - I did not say a thing- she just assumed that I had sex with everyone- It was my first time...Just goes to show you that sex come naturally...

Hard to tell with males...most start masturbating fairly early and have a fantasy sex life...does that count as experience?

No they don't give virgin women a chance -- look at this thread where the majority of men and women decided (without even knowing the OP) it's strange or whatever else they claim. Lets just say she was a '40 year old virgin,' by these people's estimation she has waited too late and now doesn't get to be with anyone at all. They slap on labels left and right, as I said, most of them based on some movie or whatever, not a person they actually know IRL.

If when you were growing up things were not like they are now, then that explains it. Men today do not react in the way you described at all. Maybe you think they should, but they don't. The truth of the matter is if you also look at the ONS thread, you will see people will shut you down left and right for not agreeing that those types of scenarios are 'okay' to engage in. Anyone that expresses a dissenting opinion is a prude or uptight, whatever other labels they apply. That's simply the way people are.

You either do these kinds of things in their time frame or you don't get any chances at all. That's the bottom line.

Last edited by Doll Eyes; 09-30-2012 at 03:07 PM..

Old 09-30-2012, 02:56 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,167,089 times
Quote:
Hard to tell with males...most start masturbating fairly early and have a fantasy sex life...does that count as experience?
Not in terms of intercourse. BTW some women do that too way before having sex for the first time but never tell.

Last edited by Laychick; 09-30-2012 at 03:44 PM..

Old 09-30-2012, 03:00 PM

120 posts, read 211,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
But yeah it gets pretty bizzare when you get to 30 and older and you are still a virgin. People will think you have problems.
But who cares what people think? Everyone has is own reasons and his own circumstances. Also why do people care so much of what other people think about them?

Society's values are not so good anyways. I don't care if I'll die a virgin because I do not owe anyone any explanations as for why I am that way.

Last edited by Cyborg; 09-30-2012 at 03:09 PM..

Old 09-30-2012, 03:02 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
Honestly, I don't regret giving my V-card away 3 months shy of turning 20 to my then bf; I felt ready and at some point cared about him. The relationship just didn't worked out and it was time to move on. I've been single for a long while and feel happy.

While it might have been my first, I doubt it was really my real love. The man I marry one day will be the one.
That's not a bad time...20 is fine- with me I was almost 18....Correct me if I am wrong but from what I gather people as young as 12 and 13 are having sex...THAT is far to young..why give up your childhood to become some sort of adult? I hope you find love and marriage...jeezz at 62 all I can say is that I have never been married...My youngest son got married recently just short of 22...He laughs at me..."Hey Dad..I did something that you never did - ha ha " - but his marriage may have been one of convenience.. He married a very beautiful Spanish girl who lived with us for a while.....I think it may have been to keep her in the country...I believe he regrets it already...but sex is powerful....seduction and a willful female might be a thing to be avoided in the future..

Reason I mentioned my son was to explain...it is not that he needs other woman or wants more experience...He wants to be free to be himself...He is a great writer and musician a very skilled recording artist...all he does now is hard labor to please his overly ambitious immigrant wife...poor guy.....but he wanted to prove his manhood...and be kind to her.....just wish he could be himself instead of this man thing- He is still a boy.

Old 09-30-2012, 03:13 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
No they don't give virgin women a chance -- look at this thread where the majority of men and women decided (without even knowing the OP) it's strange or whatever else they claim. Lets just say she was a '40 year old virgin,' by these people's estimation she has waited to late and now doesn't get to be with anyone at all. They slap on labels left and right, as I said, most of them based on some movie or whatever, not a person they actually know IRL.

If when you were growing up things were not like they are now, then that explains it. Men today do not react in the way you described at all. Maybe you think they should, but they don't. The truth of the matter is if you also look at the ONS thread, you will see people will shut you down left and right for not agreeing that those types of scenarios are 'okay' to engage in. Anyone that expresses a dissenting opinion is a prude or uptight, whatever other labels they apply. That's simply the way people are.

You either do these kinds of things in their time frame or you don't get any chances at all. That's the bottom line.
Nothing prudish about wanting the best quality of life and love that's possible...There is no real time frame- at this point old me may as well be a virgin again..Now.... you mentioned a 40 year old virgin...good Lord...what a gem...can you imagine a woman who is that age and a virgin- Lots of wisdom and life experience..and no baggage....talk about traveling light.. every sexual encounter leaves a mark of some kind- a positive one or an negative one..

They talk about STDs that every person you sleep with is like sleeping with every person they have slept with...I see a parallel...Every person you sleep with - you carry a bit of them emotionally...It's can't good to be over loaded with other peoples defects. I used to feel like saying to some ....I am NOT your last boyfriend that abused you- I am not your father....I am me...but baggage is something most will never let go of..to much baggage can drag you right down into the dirt like an over loaded donkey...

Less is better...I really did not NEED to have that many sexual partners- Thinking back I can't even remember most of their names or faces...so what was the point...the more virgin the better.

Old 09-30-2012, 03:23 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,201,037 times
Quote:
Nothing prudish about wanting the best quality of life and love that's possible...There is no real time frame- at this point old me may as well be a virgin again..Now.... you mentioned a 40 year old virgin...good Lord...what a gem...can you imagine a woman who is that age and a virgin- Lots of wisdom and life experience..and no baggage....talk about traveling light.. every sexual encounter leaves a mark of some kind- a positive one or an negative one..

They talk about STDs that every person you sleep with is like sleeping with every person they have slept with...I see a parallel...Every person you sleep with - you carry a bit of them emotionally...It's can't good to be over loaded with other peoples defects. I used to feel like saying to some ....I am NOT your last boyfriend that abused you- I am not your father....I am me...but baggage is something most will never let go of..to much baggage can drag you right down into the dirt like an over loaded donkey...

Less is better...I really did not NEED to have that many sexual partners- Thinking back I can't even remember most of their names or faces...so what was the point...the more virgin the better.
I think DE agrees with you but she's saying that's not how society sees it.

Last edited by BradPiff; 09-30-2012 at 03:49 PM..

Old 09-30-2012, 03:23 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,744,348 times
Is it unusual? Absolutely. Is it bad? No, not in my opinion, as long as you're okay with it. I'm 33. If I started dating a woman of similar age and we really hit it off, and after a little time passed she revealed to me that she was a virgin, I think I'd actually be impressed. Of course, if it turned out she was waiting until marriage for religious reasons, we probably wouldn't have much in common since I'm an agnostic (atheist if I'm feeling spunky ).

Old 09-30-2012, 03:30 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:

what Brad said. LOL. Society does NOT view things as you described, I'm sorry, they don't.....I agree with you about the STDs. That's another thing people write off because there's "medication for some of them." Oh, well I guess that solves everything, then.

And per the last paragraph: every man wants a virgin to play their little sexual games with, I was talking about for a LTR or marriage -- in that case, no they don't want them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships