Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 10:11 AM

21 posts, read 52,950 times

Advertisements

I saw my "How to find a russian wife" topic got locked, well anyway I decided that I was gonna go to Russia a while ago. And well I have booked a trip to St Petersburg in july with a travel agency, it will only be for 2 and half days there with full guiding all days. But I'm thinking I'm just gonna skip all the guiding and go to some café/club/bar or something in search of russian women. I realise this might not work out and I will go home without finding anybody but besides I have always been fascinated by russia so then I atleast got a weekend in my favorite country. So any tips on finding russian women while in St Petersburg? Could I do it without much russian? I mean I know a few words in russian but would that be enough? Any good clubs or bars to meet women in? or tips on being with russians?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2009, 10:26 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,454,385 times
Mmmmmm... What would you say to a Chinese person who would decide: "I'm going to New York to meet American women. Where are the best places to meet them? I know a few English words, will it be enough?" Whatever advise comes to your mind, those same thoughts come to my mind.

I used to be a translator for an Australian guy who came to Russia with the same idea of finding a girl. He was staying in people's apartments, instead of hotels. He met with women through that people's network. And yes, he needed a translator/guide. I am not sure if he found someone over his 2 weeks there.

View your 2 1/2 days as a first researching foray... Too little time to even take in the main sights of Saint Petersburg.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:43 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decypher View Post
I saw my "How to find a russian wife" topic got locked, well anyway I decided that I was gonna go to Russia a while ago. And well I have booked a trip to St Petersburg in july with a travel agency, it will only be for 2 and half days there with full guiding all days. But I'm thinking I'm just gonna skip all the guiding and go to some café/club/bar or something in search of russian women. I realise this might not work out and I will go home without finding anybody but besides I have always been fascinated by russia so then I atleast got a weekend in my favorite country. So any tips on finding russian women while in St Petersburg? Could I do it without much russian? I mean I know a few words in russian but would that be enough? Any good clubs or bars to meet women in? or tips on being with russians?
I guess you could go with the old "bag n' gag" trick. You see some woman you want to take home with you, you stuff a gag in her mouth and then throw her in a bag (drawstring bag works best) and voila! You're on the plane with your "luggage" and ready to force your woman to spend her life with you in America.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:54 AM

1,293 posts, read 3,190,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I guess you could go with the old "bag n' gag" trick. You see some woman you want to take home with you, you stuff a gag in her mouth and then throw her in a bag (drawstring bag works best) and voila! You're on the plane with your "luggage" and ready to force your woman to spend her life with you in America.
I told you before not to give away my trade secrets, gosh!

I have a minor fascination with the country as well, and the women as a side note of course. I suppose it's much like the usual woman's fantasy of an romantic liaison with a foreign guy. Just an exotic thing to me, we don't even share the same alphabet, Cyrillic, yikes.

I'd be more inclined to visit the Ukraine though, that was Russia's bread and butter section before they left, doesn't require a guide, so I could stumble through it leisurely, and best of all it's home to Chernobyl. It has a lot of the old relics around still as well from before the fall of the Soviet Union. If I had the money, I'd pay big bucks just to put on a suit and walk through some of the old Chernobyl structures there, a bunch of the more absorbed materials in the buildings and such were disposed of, but as monuments to the past go, much of those buildings are still relatively untouched since 1986. Win-win in my book.

Last edited by Waynec613; 05-24-2009 at 11:04 AM..

Old 05-24-2009, 10:57 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
2 1/2 days! Boy, that's one ambitious project! I hope you're from Europe 'cause going to Russia for a weekend from the US is insane.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:03 AM

21 posts, read 52,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
2 1/2 days! Boy, that's one ambitious project! I hope you're from Europe 'cause going to Russia for a weekend from the US is insane.
yeah I'm from Sweden so going there is pretty close. The travel agency only had a weekend trip so I took that. so if I'll like it I'll probably study more russian and go for a longer while next time.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:03 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Yeah, the guy's probably just gonna be wandering around his hotel room for 2 days trying to find the door!

Old 05-24-2009, 11:06 AM

300 posts, read 735,199 times
Amazingly, my best dates I had in St Pete were met in this place:

The State Hermitage Museum

and I am not kidding ya.

"В хреческом зале, в хреческом зале, ах апалонь, ах апалонь." (В какой-то гробнице... В бычках и томате...)

Old 05-24-2009, 11:06 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Yeah, the guy's probably just gonna be wandering around his hotel room for 2 days trying to find the door!
Exactly. I can't recover from jet lag in 2 days.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:07 AM

1,293 posts, read 3,190,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decypher View Post
yeah I'm from Sweden so going there is pretty close. The travel agency only had a weekend trip so I took that. so if I'll like it I'll probably study more russian and go for a longer while next time.
Your from Sweden, and you desire a russian bride? Did someone flip a page on me or something?

If I were going strictly for "hubba-hubba" purposes, that would be destination #1 in my shortlist at the present time. Isn't that like being from Switzerland and preferring a bank from Finland?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships