Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 03:54 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,828,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless in Bham View Post
Its one thing to meet someone and eventually find out that they are cheaters, have kids with mulitple men or women, etc, etc

Its another when you know this from the beginning and yet you still get into a serious relationship, expecting he or she to change overnight.

Are we so desperate for love that we are willing to do anything, or overlook everything to get it?

As has been stated often here, water seeks its own level.

And emotionally healthy folks pick emotionally healthy partners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2012, 04:00 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,363,216 times
Quote:
Its one thing to meet someone and eventually find out that they are cheaters, have kids with mulitple men or women, etc, etc

Its another when you know this from the beginning and yet you still get into a serious relationship, expecting he or she to change overnight.

Are we so desperate for love that we are willing to do anything, or overlook everything to get it?
I really have no answer for that...

For those of you who are immune to bad relationships, more power to you. I am truly happy for you. In all sincerity.

Old 10-07-2012, 06:33 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,155,486 times
Because we become confident it will work out.

Old 10-07-2012, 07:15 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,626,693 times
Sex clouds a lot of peoples judgements. 90% of relationship problems stem from getting physical early in the relationship. People don't like hearing this but it is the truth.

Old 10-07-2012, 07:23 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,688,698 times
Quote:

I do not believe most people are so desperate for love that they will overlook major red flags to get it. I do think a lot of people present themselves as something they are not, and good, decent, trusting people can be tricked by their phony facade. The wrong people often say and do all the right things initially. Unfortunately, sometimes it takes awhile to realize you've been deceived and the person you are involved with is not who you thought they were.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:59 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,226,211 times
Quote:

Why? Because some people DON'T THINK.

They don't ask themselves, "Okay, what could possibly go wrong here?"

They don't say to themselves, "If he's cheating on her, he'll cheat on me."

They don't say to themselves, "You know, I deserve to hang with a better crowd."

They don't say to themselves, "You know, I'm going to give it time before having a roll in the hay."

They don't pay attention to what a person does, instead relying on what a person says.

Because they don't have any self-esteem, they don't say to themselves, "You know I think I'd rather sit at home on Saturday night and read a good book than date a total scumbag."

Hope that helps. I really used to feel sorry for people like that. But, you know what? It's their own damned fault.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:01 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,333,155 times
Quote:

The reason is because we are people, humans and overall I think when we are young and naive we look for the good in everyone and just know without doubt that someone WILL change just for us because we are special. After we mature, grow and change some of us figure that out because we are not as naive as we were before and we make the change to move on instead of waiting for someone else to change.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:37 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,820,202 times
CSD 610 Bingo. When we are young it's more about the fun. I certainly wouldn't be attracted to the same type of person I was attracted to when I was young. I would have a totally different criterion of whom I would date if I were single today.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:22 AM

31,121 posts, read 22,161,436 times
Most every available woman I meet have a history of dating down. Usually the former boyfriends are good looking but are are either financial derilicts or have some other unsavory characteristic. I have to do a double check when I'm dating "Why am I seeing someone who has a history of dating less then ideal men?". I have a bit of a Savior complex so maybe thats the common denominator

Old 10-08-2012, 12:43 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,561,909 times
Quote:

Wife has a friend not yet divorced, who hooked up with a guy like this. I think part of it is she's out to prove everyone wrong. It's ended several times with him showing his true colors, but she's taken him back every time because she knows he'll "change" after she laid out the rules again. Just waiting for the next drama which won't be too long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships