Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 09:08 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
He may well have been; however, sociopaths are often very confident people.
I doubt that's the kind of confidence that attracts women (generally), barring nut jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2012, 09:10 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Confidence is what's necessary to get the ball rolling. After that, it's more dependent on other traits.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:11 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,663,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I doubt that's the kind of confidence that attracts women (generally), barring nut jobs.
which was the point of the thread. When people say "confidence" it can mean many different things. And on top of that, it's not a be and all.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:15 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,160,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Um, scary thing is, it can be. None of Ted Bundy's friends or associates could believe it when the charges were brought forth against him, his mask of normality was almost perfect. They all asserted without reservation that Ted was a fantastic, charming guy and only by the end of the trial did the real serial killer self come out (during his questioning of the witnesses, as he was defending himself in court).

Old 10-07-2012, 09:16 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
A lot of it depends on how you do it. I do things like this commonly in clubs (except I don't grab them by their neck....I'll usually grab them by their arm and pull them in or by their waist). It displays masculine energy and the girls LOVE it.
The last guy that tried that on me got a nice jab to the ribs.

So, either the girls will love it, or you'll get punched in self defense. Either way

Old 10-07-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

So, either the girls will love it, or you'll get punched in self defense. Either way
What's funny is seeing a guy approach from behind, grab around the waist and begin grinding. The girl almost always begins to grind. She'll sometime look behind, but many times she'll just keep dancing.

But you can see on her face (and how she moves) that she wants to get out of it. The guy behind can't see it. After a few minutes she'll find her opportunity or muster up her courage and break off. The guy shrugs it off and finds someone else.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:22 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,675 times
Quote:

Definitely never got punched before.

Of course, I usually pull them in and say something like "you're the most adorable girl here" with a big smile. That helps too.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:23 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times
Quote:

It's a 'high risk' strategy, so to speak. High risk, but high returns.

Not that I'm encouraging it.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:24 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
What's funny is seeing a guy approach from behind, grab around the waist and begin grinding. The girl almost always begins to grind. She'll sometime look behind, but many times she'll just keep dancing.

But you can see on her face (and how she moves) that she wants to get out of it. The guy behind can't see it. After a few minutes she'll find her opportunity or muster up her courage and break off. The guy shrugs it off and finds someone else.
Nah, this definitely works (mostly at 18+ clubs). I go up to girls and grind on them randomly all the time. Of course, I talk to them and spin them around too.

If the girl breaks it off like you said (which does happen), if I really want the girl, I'll either start talking to her....or start talking to her friends (who will then get me back in with her).

Old 10-07-2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
Nah, this definitely works (mostly at 18+ clubs). I go up to girls and grind on them randomly all the time. Of course, I talk to them and spin them around too.

If the girl breaks it off like you said (which does happen), if I really want the girl, I'll either start talking to her....or start talking to her friends (who will then get me back in with her).
I know it works sometimes, I was talking in the cases when the girl doesn't but she just puts up with for a while. The point of this is that girls "go with the flow" even in cases when they don't want to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships