Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 07:27 PM

270 posts, read 387,712 times

Advertisements

what makes a woman or man beautiful to one person and not so much to another? I notice couples who sometimes seem mismatched and I just wonder what makes some people so attractive and others not so much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2012, 07:29 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
A quality, charm. Something about their personalities.

I've dated men who most would not call handsome, but who had qualities when, combined, were like a magnet for me.

Old 10-13-2012, 07:34 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,640,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyj19 View Post
what makes a woman or man beautiful to one person and not so much to another? I notice couples who sometimes seem mismatched and I just wonder what makes some people so attractive and others not so much?
Beauty tends to be in the eye of the beholder however likely there are people that are generally considered unattractive, average, and attractive.

Likely what makes a gal beautiful to one person and not so much to another is her youth, body shape, facial features, color, and hair. While what makes a guy beautiful to one person and not so much to another is character, personality, status, wealth, and a dash of physical attributes.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:10 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,294,951 times
You probably have asked store workers for information or help with finding a product...

A. Some people, who may have helped you may have been quite helpful, funny, talkative, and they may have not been particularly attractive.

B. Others might be very attractive, but no help whatsoever, maybe rude, etc.

So given those choices of people to have a relationship with, which would you choose?

I would choose "A" with a quickness! Keep in mind you live with these people day in and day out. Looks are not as important as personality in my book...

Old 10-14-2012, 08:15 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,729,361 times
We're all unique and as such, are attracted to different things about people. Some truly feel the heart and kindness of a person, looking past the external features. Some people are hooked by a great smile and fabulous teeth. Some people get "lost" in another's eyes. You hear some guys talk and they're attracted by a body type.

Your post reminded me of an interview with Johnny Depp. I never, for one second, thought the mother of his children was beautiful. Apparently, she was wearing a backless dress, at the function he met her at. She had a beautiful back...then when she turned around and he saw her eyes, he was completely smitten. Hmmmm one just never knows what's going to be the magnet for someone! LOL

Old 10-14-2012, 08:26 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
We're all unique and as such, are attracted to different things about people. Some truly feel the heart and kindness of a person, looking past the external features. Some people are hooked by a great smile and fabulous teeth. Some people get "lost" in another's eyes. You hear some guys talk and they're attracted by a body type.

Your post reminded me of an interview with Johnny Depp. I never, for one second, thought the mother of his children was beautiful. Apparently, she was wearing a backless dress, at the function he met her at. She had a beautiful back...then when she turned around and he saw her eyes, he was completely smitten. Hmmmm one just never knows what's going to be the magnet for someone! LOL
This is very true. We are all attracted to different things. I love a male's big hands.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:29 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,273,394 times
There is no right or wrong answer to your question. It comes down to personal choices and what someone likes and dislikes about someone else. What is beautiful to you may not be beautiful to me and vise versa. We may have some things that attract us to someone that are similiar but not quite the same.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:45 AM

4,927 posts, read 5,319,113 times
Default A certain Je ne sais quoi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyj19 View Post
French which means literally, I don't know what; an enexplained quality, a certain something about them which makes them stand out whether it concerns their looks, their personality or a combination of many criteria.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:53 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,663,909 times
It's totally random!

Old 10-14-2012, 09:58 AM

14 posts, read 58,497 times
Very light or white skin
Light colored eyes
Wavy/straight long hair
Slender build
keen nose

the closer you are to this ideal the more beautiful you are perceived to society. It's not fair but that's how it is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships