Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 08:41 AM

385 posts, read 859,238 times

Advertisements

no, they are ex's for a reason
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2013, 02:08 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,470,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Hi all,

I was just wondering out of curiosity how many people out there would actually take back an ex-boyfriend or girlfriend, or husband or wife. Would you take back one or more of your exes if you had the chance? Why or why not?

Have you ever taken an ex back or know someone who did? Did it work out or not? What are your experiences? Would you recommend it? Thanks.

I only have one ex-boyfriend from a long, long time ago. It's been so long that I wouldn't see it working if hypothetically I were to take him back after so many years apart, but if I thought it would work and he were to want to get back together with me, I might give it a try since I was so young when I met him (21) and still had a lot of growing up to do. I did not keep in touch with this ex and have no idea what he's up to, nor do I want him back, it's just a hypothetical question for the rest of you.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Recipe for disaster. Your EXES for a reason. if it didn't work the first time, 99% likely it's not working the second time.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:37 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,873,001 times
Oh hell no!

Old 01-31-2013, 09:32 PM

69 posts, read 56,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsong View Post
no, they are ex's for a reason
I learned this the hard way! A year after my divorce my EX called me and wanted to meet, I was in a relationship and didn't meet her but shortly sabotaged that relationship I had and met the EX.
Long story short I dated my EX wife for three years. One of my great regrets in life, the biggest.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:24 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,139,059 times
They try to and I have to give them credit, they are persistent. But no, it usually gets pretty emotional and being the positive person I am I tell them they should be thankful that I allowed them to take part and share in the greatness that is me. That usually slows the tears some, brings them a little smile, and then again I ride off into the sunset.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships