Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2012, 12:17 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,730,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
My GF gets hit on pretty regularly. 2-3 times a week on average. She says she would rather it not happen at all.
I find this statement very hard to believe.

For women that get hit on regularly and in a relationship or have been, be honest, would you seriously say you would rather not be hit on at all?
you don't know what you got till its gone..........
You have a very smart girlfriend. Maybe she has noticed you are (possibly?) the jealous type. Everyone wants to feel desired. If you look at it from a certain angle. Guys hitting on her is a compliment to YOU and your good taste. What would you propose as a remedy? Have her go around in a gunny sack with a scarf on her head? If she's Angelina, Halle, Gabrielle or Jennifer beautiful, that's not gonna change anything...she's still gonna get hit on!

I like compliments, and unfortunately the hitting on part comes with it sometimes. You just have to decide once and for all to trust your lady and forget about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 12:21 PM

249 posts, read 306,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Cool so no complaints about you about guys being expected to pay for every/most dates or if many gals pursued you solely because of your wealth and responded negatively if you rebuffed her.
Yeah, that sounds about right. If I am with a girl, it's because I like her. So I'd plan the date and if money came up, I would pay. And a woman can say whatever she wants if I reject her, I'd still be polite.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:30 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,611,310 times
It does get bad sometimes and like others said it is about the approach.

The last annoying one I got was in Manhattan. I had on a dress with flowers on it, and it's relatively clingy. Some guy asked me if he could smell my flowers.

The one before that approached me while I was opening mail in a train station. (I have to check the mail for my job once a week and deposit all checks). He had the audacity to make his opening line to me "Oh you can do that when you get home" to get my attention. I said "Excuse me? No I can't I'm on the clock". Maybe I'm just sensitive, but I found it kind of rude that a guy would tell me out of nowhere to stop what I'm doing (which was work related no less) so he could try to hit on me.

There are also guys who don't handle it well. What I find funny is the first insults they always tend to throw out when you reject them is you're either fat or ugly. When they would try to throw this at me, I would always throw back at them, then why did they try to hit on me then? After that is always the beyatch word of course.

What I found more annoying were the ones who hit on me when I had an engagement or wedding ring on. I would always hold up my hand to show the ring, and they would snap back with "What he doesn't know won't hurt him" or some equally obnoxious comeback.

I wonder what the BF thinks when he gets hit on. He's been getting hit on a few times a week by women.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:34 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Well, its like people telling me that I'm tall. The first few times, I'm okay with it. After a hundred times, then I get really tired of it.

I am tall, but I am by no means a basketball player, LOL!!!
I was once in a class where one girl went head over heels over my eyes and called a whole group over to look at my eyes as if I was some sort of animal at display in a zoo. Being pretty boy isn't easy, if you like to be a private person.

Old 10-16-2012, 02:49 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
I don't get hit on, so I don't have to worry about that

It's actually kind of nice, to be honest

Old 10-16-2012, 03:03 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss J 74 View Post
It does get bad sometimes and like others said it is about the approach.

The last annoying one I got was in Manhattan. I had on a dress with flowers on it, and it's relatively clingy. Some guy asked me if he could smell my flowers.
Hahahaha love it! It's kind of cute to me.

Quote:
What I found more annoying were the ones who hit on me when I had an engagement or wedding ring on. I would always hold up my hand to show the ring, and they would snap back with "What he doesn't know won't hurt him" or some equally obnoxious comeback.
I can only remember one time getting hit on when I was with my ex-husband. He hit on me pretty overtly and then when I told him that I'm sorry I am engaged, he said "Can't you have friends? He doesn't have to know." I'm sure he meant FWB. I said no thank you.

Old 10-16-2012, 03:11 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,273,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I was once in a class where one girl went head over heels over my eyes and called a whole group over to look at my eyes as if I was some sort of animal at display in a zoo. Being pretty boy isn't easy, if you like to be a private person.
LMAO

Oh you poor baby....

Old 10-16-2012, 03:11 PM

22,339 posts, read 29,439,446 times
None keep it coming..

Old 10-16-2012, 03:14 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,181,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Why not as your threads are about protesting gals saying no and the scenario is a person not dealing with rejection well?
That was tongue-in-cheek

Old 10-16-2012, 03:22 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It's more likely that they come on C-D and post threads about how they're so great and do everything right and these women don't know what they want and they just want jerks.

Honestly, I don't know. It does seem like there are an awful lot of timid and socially awkward people who can't just roll with an "I'm not interested." They've put so much stock in starting the conversation that a polite turn-down is the same as a slap in the face. Luckily for all of us, there's the happy medium of cool people who are neither too pushy or too scared to make anything happen.
Why shouldn't they be socially awkward? Apparently they'll get rejected anyway. Better to not try if this thread is anything to go by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships