Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 11:55 AM

496 posts, read 941,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontLookPhoto View Post
Everyone who resorts to meeting a mate or even a sex hook up on the Internet is very flaky or perhaps very shy or has some type of social interacting problems. I think most healthy relationships either just happen on their own or a friend or a dating service connects the people. Randomly looking for a mate on your own is dangerous and a sign of desperation.

That is only my opinion and I bet I get blasted for saying it. Blast away, I have a thick skin, I married the girl next door and we have made it for 16 years already. ~♥~ ~♥~ ~♥~ We laugh and joke a lot.
There's very little difference between connecting with people on a forum and connecting via other online means. It's just a tool for meeting people. What an old-school thing to say, though. You probably do win the most antiquated outlook on online dating award.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 12:05 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
This is just one example in a long string of flakes I've met recently!
Your thread title got my attention.

From the times I've done this, the initial conversation either led to nothing, as in we'll talk later, but I've never flaked/been flaked on for meeting up for a first date. That the first date was often the last date is another story.

I'm surprised you're having these kinds of things happen in THAT town, from what they say about DEN's demographics.

Old 10-18-2012, 12:09 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,181,891 times
Quote:
Anyone else having a hard time with flakey people in the dating world? I was supposed to meet up with a guy tonight for a drink. He texted me on Tuesday night and we agreed on today. He said he would call me the next day and we could make a solid plan. Still haven't heard from him. Should I assume the date is off? If he does contact me should I still meet up with him, or is it a bad omen he's already not following through and we haven't even met yet?

All I know is, if I hit it off with a woman as pretty as you, I wouldn't flake...

Old 10-18-2012, 12:16 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
All I know is, if I hit it off with a woman as pretty as you, I wouldn't flake...
Aww, geez, thank you!

Old 10-18-2012, 12:25 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Anyone else having a hard time with flakey people in the dating world? I was supposed to meet up with a guy tonight for a drink. He texted me on Tuesday night and we agreed on today. He said he would call me the next day and we could make a solid plan. Still haven't heard from him. Should I assume the date is off? If he does contact me should I still meet up with him, or is it a bad omen he's already not following through and we haven't even met yet?

If he calls or texts you today, here is what I would say in response: "Oh, I'm sorry. When last we left off, you said you'd call yesterday to firm up plans. Since I didn't hear from you, I assumed you were no longer interested and I made other plans for tonight."

It doesn't matter if those "other plans" involve washing your hair. The fact is that you have better things to do with your time than wait around for an idiot who is just not that into you. If he thought you were the cat's meow, he would have called like he said he would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
Welcome to the sociological side effects of the Internet.

You no longer have to be held accountable for your shady actions or behavior, you can say anything to anyone and do any disrespectful deed you please because....what are they going to do? You can just hide behind your caller ID and email address and no one can touch you.
That's what people tell themselves, anyway. The truth is that whether they're flaky daters or trolls, they eventually get what's coming to them, like this guy:

Violentacrez Fired: Michael Brutsch Loses Job After Reddit Troll Identity Exposed By Gawker

Old 10-18-2012, 01:30 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,484,012 times
So did he ever call you or let you know what's going on with him?

Old 10-18-2012, 01:38 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontLookPhoto View Post
Everyone who resorts to meeting a mate or even a sex hook up on the Internet is very flaky or perhaps very shy or has some type of social interacting problems. I think most healthy relationships either just happen on their own or a friend or a dating service connects the people. Randomly looking for a mate on your own is dangerous and a sign of desperation.

That is only my opinion and I bet I get blasted for saying it. Blast away, I have a thick skin, I married the girl next door and we have made it for 16 years already. ~♥~ ~♥~ ~♥~ We laugh and joke a lot.

I guess it's lucky for you that she didn't live on the next block.

To the original poster: Personally I would not call or text him since he specifically stated he would contact you. As far as going out for drinks, the day is not over yet he may still call but if he doesn't and you want to go out for drinks I would go. If he happens to call while you are out you can either invite him where you are or just tell him you made other plans since he did not contact you by say 5:00pm or whatever time is the normal end of the work day where you are.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:13 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
If someone flakes on me, i simply consider it as a statement that they are noit interested. I move on and never give it another thought. Life is too short and the planet is filled with billions of available women, so what would be the point of messing with a flake?

Jack Johnson - Flake | LYRICS VIDEO | HQ - YouTube

Old 10-19-2012, 05:43 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,416,366 times
Quote:

If there are no attempts in follow-up or follow-through, that means no promises from me either. Also, no potential dates afterwards.

If a person is dead serious on setting a date, they set the date the night we end the first date. That leaves no questioning, no ambiguity. Even if it's not officially a first date, a plan is a plan.

Cut him.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:22 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,619,738 times
Quote:

Dating in 2012 is a joke. Very few people out here looking to make a real connection. Lots of selfish egocentric singles who are only focused on what THEY can get out of the relationship.

Doesn't matter how good looking you are or how much $$$ you make. Very difficult to find that diamond in the rough who is seriously not trying to play games. Goes for the men and the women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships