Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 10:31 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times

Advertisements

This thread is reminding me of the following song:

Poe - Trigger Happy Jack (official video) - YouTube

"You can't talk to a psycho like a normal human being"

Old 10-18-2012, 10:35 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times

Michael Bublé - "Feeling Good" [Official Music Video] - YouTube

Old 10-18-2012, 10:36 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
What the OP has stumbled upon is reality. I'm sure I'd get flamed for this, but in general, women are more emotional than men. Even my wife, who is very stable for a women will tear up at a wedding.
Wow. For a woman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
She'll even tear up after reading a greeting card she likes. When I do funerals, its mostly women who are weeping. Its just the way it is. They're not men. They tend to be more emotionally unstable. Its not that they're crazy, but being single might mean in many cases, they're more insecure. Women tend to want a man to be strong, a shoulder to lean on and cry on. They're going to be more fearful of a spider or bugs. So again, they are not crazy, they are women and women tend to be more emotional.
Another poster already stated this, but it bears repeating. Emotional does NOT equal unstable. Just because someone tears up at weddings or cries in the movies, or reading something...whatever, that has absolutely nothing to do with whether they are mentally or emotionally unstable.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:41 PM

3 posts, read 5,161 times
Because too many guys are so physically unstable these days!

Old 10-18-2012, 10:43 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Could the OP clarify the thread topic, please? Is it about "so many women [being] emotionally unstable these days" (if so, please provide a credible source for this "fact" you present), or is it about women expressing normal, healthy emotions, like joy at a wedding or grief at a funeral? President Gerald Ford cried publicly once, does that count as "emotionally unstable"?

OP, why do you seem to run into emotionally unstable/"crazy" women? There are LOTS of normal, balanced, happy women out there. Why are you making unhealthy choices for yourself?

Old 10-18-2012, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
you're comparing 1 in 180,000 to over 40% that's like comparing getting struck by lightning to getting a cold.
I'm only pointing out that it's guys who run amok and kill people, not women, much. And where did you get this 40% figure?

Old 10-18-2012, 10:47 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Women are more like a color wheel in their emotions and men are more like grayscale.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:
The amount of men with emotional instability/anger issues is statistically less than half of the amount of that's seen in women. There has always been a significant portion of the male population with anger issues but it's always been there. What we're seeing with women now days is nearly epidemic.
Correction: what YOU're seeing with women. If you're having a problem with women, post about the problems you're having with women. Don't conjure up a "trend" out of thin air, and blame your problems on some fictitious increase in mental cases. OR... back up your claims with credible references. Then we can discuss.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:49 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
Unstable may be the wrong word. Lets just say women tend to have a larger range on their emotional scale than men.

And as far as Ruth's equating murder with being emotional, that's just silly. Murder isn't necessarily committed because of emotions. Some people commit murder with very little emotion. Watch the interviews of the "Iceman", a mob hit man who murdered at least 100 people, for profit, or to protect himself. Yes, he did kill some people because they made him mad, but many were just killed for money. "Its business".

Old 10-18-2012, 10:50 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,074,793 times
Quote:
The older I get it seems the harder it is to meet women that aren't crazy. It always starts out good. You start getting to know the woman a little better thinking that you've finally met someone without issues and then WAMMO! She get's a little more comfortable and her true colors shine. You find yourself saying " and there it is ". I've read that as many as 1 in 4 middle aged women are now on antidepressants. Do you think that there has always been a significant amount of women with emotional problems like we see today or is it that the stressful society we've created for ourselves that's the problem? I know some guys with issues that seem to have difficulty keeping it together at times but It seems that it's the majority of women these days that can't handle the daily stresses of society without constantly breaking down. Are the over 30 women out there that are taken not as crazy or is it that the men they're with are just better at dealing with their issues.?

I think you are MUCH better off staying single and avoiding all those "crazy" women.

Better for those women that is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships