Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 10:30 AM

41 posts, read 53,657 times

Advertisements

Because of feminism, I've noticed men are becoming more confused than ever. They put women above themselves and accede to their girlfriend's every demand. Men are actually scared now of offending women. It's ridiculous.

The mainstream media is also instructing men to be ashamed of their natural traits. Men are told to smile (smiling is beta), told to shave off all their facial hair, told that wearing skinny jeans is acceptable, told to keep up with fashion, told to "express their feelings," told to be more friendly/social, and told not to have fights. A lot of men these days don't even know how to use a gun. When you're at home relaxing and a woman tells you something, don't follow her orders. Be more aggressive. Mod cut: Inappropriate language.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-19-2012 at 12:50 PM..

Old 10-19-2012, 10:38 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,451,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Perfect View Post
told that wearing skinny jeans is acceptable,
I do have to agree with this one.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:41 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Maybe some might like this better.

The Art of Manliness | Men’s Interests and Lifestyle

Old 10-19-2012, 10:42 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Men should make it clear from the get go that they are interested. No mixed signals at all. Next time you see a hot girl, go for the kiss. Before the intros and conversation. In fact avoid these formalities altogether. That way you'll know off the bat you have chemistry, and you won't have to waste any time or money on dates. It is a quick way to find a great girl. I know so many successful relationships that started this way.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:44 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Men should make it clear from the get go that they are interested. No mixed signals at all. Next time you see a hot girl, go for the kiss. Before the intros and conversation. In fact avoid these formalities altogether. That way you'll know off the bat you have chemistry, and you won't have to waste any time or money on dates. It is a quick way to find a great girl. I know so many successful relationships that started this way.
Did you read his whole post?

Just wonderin'.

Mod cut: Off topic.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-19-2012 at 12:52 PM..

Old 10-19-2012, 10:51 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Did you read his whole post?

Just wonderin'.

Mod cut: Orphaned.
OP lost me somewhere around the skinny jeans...... I assmed it was about relationships not guns.

Maybe Mr. Perfect lives in GTA San Andreas.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-19-2012 at 12:54 PM..

Old 10-19-2012, 11:04 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,014,468 times
We will NEVER get to the show if one of you doesn't step up and answer him!

oh... wait a second...

Okay, here we go.

Mr. Perfect, there is a yes-and-no aspect to this. I'm old enough I've watched these trends rise and fall and shimmy and leap to one side then the other.

There have been periods where it was much WORSE and now we're in a period where it's getting much BETTER.

The media will tell you things, a LOT of things... and the majority of those will -- IF you take a hard, considerate look -- be not where things ARE but where they're trying to GUIDE social trends.

Once upon a time men took some serious advantage of women. Much as we'd like to chalk it up to "manliness" the fact of the matter is that the "way things used to be" has been highly, highly, highly mythologized and then held up as though fact.

Then we had a period where women took some fairly heavy-handed advantage of men, at least socially. Some will argue this, insisting I'm wrong or that it wasn't SO much. Whatever. I'd have to concede some of it since it varies from region to region, caste to caste.

Instead of worrying about what "men" need to do or what they should think, worry about yourself. Let everyone else's chips fall where they will. If you want to go in for that kiss then you GO, and maybe she'll think "OOOOOO, wut a MAY-yun!", or maybe she'll call Human Resources on you. I don't know, and neither does Warren Farrell.

Peace.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:10 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,451,528 times
Urban Sasquatch, you didn't address skinny jeans.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:10 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,014,468 times
I thought this, too, was a Kentish man, but I guess not.

Oh, well Mr. Perfect -- on to Dorset!

Old 10-19-2012, 11:13 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,487,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Perfect View Post
Because of feminism, I've noticed men are becoming more confused than ever. They put women above themselves and accede to their girlfriend's every demand. Men are actually scared now of offending women. It's ridiculous.

The mainstream media is also instructing men to be ashamed of their natural traits. Men are told to smile (smiling is beta), told to shave off all their facial hair, told that wearing skinny jeans is acceptable, told to keep up with fashion, told to "express their feelings," told to be more friendly/social, and told not to have fights. A lot of men these days don't even know how to use a gun. When you're at home relaxing and a woman tells you something, don't follow her orders. Be more aggressive. Snip.
Stalker??

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-19-2012 at 12:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships