Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 05:26 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,783,544 times

Advertisements

Just report him for being off topic (and at times quite rude).

Aaaaanyway. It's not always so easy to find a man, even just for a hook up. What if you're terribly shy? A shy, thin woman may have men doing all the work to pursue her, but a shy fat woman is going to have fewer men willing to work for her affection.

Old 10-23-2012, 05:27 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post
How does Fatty differ from Shorty? Fat, Short, Tall, Skinny, Dark, Light. They're all adjectives.
No - fatty and shorty are meant to be insulting. If you want people to take you seriously - you might want to stop throwing the insults. Would you call your friends "fatty" to their face?

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
Shorty is an insult like fatty. Short and fat are descriptors but the former are not. They are insults. There is a difference. Unless you can't recognize it.
Agreed. Apparently calling someone 'fatty' isn't insulting if they're fat. Who knew?

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
How does Fatty differ from Shorty? Fat, Short, Tall, Skinny, Dark, Light. They're all adjectives.
I don't think playing stupid does much for the cause either. just sayin

Old 10-23-2012, 05:29 PM

499 posts, read 756,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Agreed. Apparently calling someone 'fatty' isn't insulting if they're fat. Who knew?
I would call someone shorty or fatty or short or fat to their face. Even when "Fat" is said, some posters have said it was "rude to call someone fat".

C'monnnnnnnnnnn.

If you're too shy to get a date, then that's your fault

Shyness can be worked on and being social takes practice. All of that is learned. No one is innately confident. Some people absorb it better than others.

Old 10-23-2012, 05:30 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,451,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Really fellas? A lot of dudes out there scream to the high heavens of how fat chicks are repulsive or they'll never date or touch a fat woman or how fat women are at the bottom of the totem pole when it comes dating. But lo and behold if you actually look outside your house you'll see that there are several overweight women who have BF's/husbands and are in relationships.

In all honesty. Is it time for this idea that 'fat women are the bottom of the totem pole need to die'?

Because seriously at this point the men who say this need to just speak for themselves.
fat women are like mopeds, They're a blast to ride but you don't want your friends to see you with one

3,963 posts, read 5,696,709 times
Quote:
I would call someone shorty or fatty or short or fat to their face. Even when "Fat" is said, some posters have said it was "rude to call someone fat".

C'monnnnnnnnnnn.

Shyness can be worked on and being social takes practice. All of that is learned. No one is innately confident. Some people absorb it better than others.
So do you get mad when someone calls you short?

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:

C'monnnnnnnnnnn.

Well, then maybe your height isn't the problem.

Old 10-23-2012, 05:36 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
Quote:

C'monnnnnnnnnnn.

I'm the OP and I don't remember this being a thread about shy people. You are way off base.

Old 10-23-2012, 05:36 PM

499 posts, read 756,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
So do you get mad when someone calls you short?
I could care less. Seriously. Recession, Finances, Business. Those are real problems

Dating isn't a guarantee. No one is entitled to anything in dating. You're either hot, in the middle, or not hot or in the middle. Get in where you fit in and work to get what you want.

The point I am making is that the people who say "woe is me I have it sooooo bad" don't look at the big picture and see that others have it as bad, maybe worse, or don't look at the advantages they do have.

A short guy can work out, be witty and take the rejections as positive because the person he finds might be worth the wait.

The fat woman would work out, or just love who she is and take the same approach. She can weed out the guys who just want sex (by using judgement), and know that the guy who is worth her time cares about her. If she just wants sex, she has plenty of options anyway.

The smelly woman could take a shower. The bald guy can take the Patrick Stewart approach and try to be charming to women.

Anyone who doesn't want you can kick rocks.

Be confident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships