Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 07:29 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times

Advertisements

Apparently hell is freezing over and pigs are flying all over Washington.

I have been communicating with a lady for a couple of days. She seemed really interested in me, I basically went for broke and asked her out, and she said yes. This is a major stepping stone for me since I've never had a date. I really do not want to overthink this.

Now I'm trying to think what would be a subtle first date. Here are my ideas so far.

- Starbucks then a walk in the park.

- Meeting for happy hour someplace.

- Inviting to chill at my favorite dancehall (this one may be better for a subsequent date.)

Any other ideas C-D Relationships nation? I'd brainstorm more now but one of those flying pigs in Washington hit one of the windows at my bank and I have to pick it up so I can have a free dinner tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 07:39 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,522,377 times
Starbucks or a walk in the park sounds nice. Just don't get any place, where it is noise or somewhere that you cannot get to know one another (club, movies, stuff like that). But just make sure you wear look good, smell good, be yourself, and you will be fine

Old 10-16-2012, 07:40 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,231,741 times
Walk on a scenic route. Go see some fall color maybe.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:45 AM

2,982 posts, read 9,838,481 times
Meet at Starbucks, then maybe progress to a lite supper, and then walk around, not too much in one date, nor too little. Let her know at Starbucks, if you continue to like her, that youve cked out restaurants in the area, and if she would like, maybe you could go to dinner with her. then call it a nite. That should get u till about 8 or 9 at least. Take it slow, if the walk seems appropriate, then go for it. or wait til next time do a walk and then a movie.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:02 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,228,517 times
Starbucks and the walk in the park. Nice, public, no pressure date. Yep, save the dance club for another time.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:06 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,102,386 times
I've always done dinner and then a fun activity.

The daytime dates I save for subsequent dates because they are more involved.

Maybe dinner in Adams Morgan and then a few drinks at a quieter bar.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:09 AM

1,922 posts, read 3,987,752 times
How about going to get ice cream?

Old 10-16-2012, 08:09 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,240,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Apparently hell is freezing over and pigs are flying all over Washington.

I have been communicating with a lady for a couple of days. She seemed really interested in me, I basically went for broke and asked her out, and she said yes. This is a major stepping stone for me since I've never had a date. I really do not want to overthink this.

Now I'm trying to think what would be a subtle first date. Here are my ideas so far.

- Starbucks then a walk in the park.

- Meeting for happy hour someplace.

- Inviting to chill at my favorite dancehall (this one may be better for a subsequent date.)

Any other ideas C-D Relationships nation? I'd brainstorm more now but one of those flying pigs in Washington hit one of the windows at my bank and I have to pick it up so I can have a free dinner tonight.

Do you know some of her interests, likes/dislikes? Does she like Starbucks? It may seem like a silly question, but I personally don't like Starbucks and wouldn't want to have a date there. Just sayin'

I agree with the others who said not to pick a place that's too loud. You want to be able to get to know each other more rather than yelling over music and loud conversations and the only audible words are, "EXCUSE ME? WHAT DID YOU SAY?" LOL

Your city has so many awesome places to see, especially while on a first date. I would skip the bar thing first and ask her if she'd like to go to one of the museums. This way you can walk around and comment on the displays, etc. Plus, most of them are free which leaves a little extra cash in your pocket. If all goes well then you can suggest a light dinner somewhere. One of my favorite places in DC is Gordon Biersch. If you like beer (and she does too), there's a beer sampler that you can both try and gives you something to chat about.

Hope it all goes well!!

Old 10-16-2012, 08:10 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,383,130 times
Starbucks and a walk. DC is such a great city to walk around...

Old 10-16-2012, 08:33 AM

977 posts, read 1,815,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
How about going to get ice cream?
Good idea. Combine this with a nice 15 or more mile bicycle ride and this would be awesome. Get some good exercise and ice cream, worst case scenario. Keeps the date inexpensive too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships