Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 12:18 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,184,600 times

Advertisements

Yes and I have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 12:34 PM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times
I would.

But throw it my face just once and we break up.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:02 PM

12,963 posts, read 13,676,205 times
It might be a moot question in my case. My SO makes more money than me, but like some working married women, (sorry gals)
she considers most or all of her money discretionary.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:08 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,693,812 times
I am with mostly everyone else on this. I do not mind if my girlfriend or wife makes more money than me. As long as she doesn't use it as leeway or rub in my face.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:14 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,708,706 times
If you would have asked me this a bunch of years ago, i would have said that i would have been too insecure to have that happen. Now, i'm HOPING this happens. Right now, my gf is more formally educated than i am and probably smarter even though she's younger. She has a ton of talent and is in a field where if the stars line up, she could eventually dwarf what i make. Here's to hoping this happens! (keep your fingers crossed guys lol)

Old 10-21-2012, 01:14 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,693,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I agree with you guys saying you would take issue with a woman that threw her income in your face. How do you feel about men who do it? For example, men who say they are the bread winners therefore they should have the final say in this or that. Or men who follow suit with gender roles that correlate with being the bread winner. Is your opinion one sided, or does it go both ways?
For me it goes both ways I could care less about biology or gender roles.
I apologize if this comes off a bit crude but I wanted to specifically answer the bold.
The way I see though is man has a penis and woman have a vagina but both do possess and are equally capable of being @#$holes.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:15 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,831 times
I have no insecurities. I would love it actually.

I would like to do an experiment. Women often talk about how 'confidence" is so important to them in a man. My hypothesis is that men that women perceive as confident are more likely to be insecure about a woman making more than him. While the men that women think are not confident would have no problem with women earning more than him. often times "confidence"= male dominance and controlling characteristics.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:16 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Throw the fact that you make more in my face, and I will tell you to pound salt.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:44 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaybirdX View Post
For me it goes both ways I could care less about biology or gender roles.
I apologize if this comes off a bit crude but I wanted to specifically answer the bold.
The way I see though is man has a penis and woman have a vagina but both do possess and are equally capable of being @#$holes.
Agreed. Few men have answered the question. I think it's socially acceptable for a man to essentially throw his money in her face, but not vice versa. It's really that way for a lot of things/behaviors in both directions.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:52 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,284,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Would you date a woman who makes more money than you? I'm not talking like if she makes slightly more but a lot more. Let's say her take home pay is about $1000 a week and yours is $400 a week. Would a woman who makes more money feel emasculating to you?

I ask because I could not do this again, my ex made more than me for a short while and threw it in my face any time she could, and that because I made less, my say in certain situations had less importance
Not at all. That's probably the gap between my girlfriend and I. I see it as an ability to charm a woman who does make more money than you do. Especially, since most of them tend to date older men and I'm younger than my girlfriend. Like I've said before, I have no desire to be the sole provider or the bread winner. I rather make less money than make more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships