Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 12:00 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
That doesn't make that sort of thinking right though.
You're right, it's not right. But I bet tonight, at Halloween parties across the country, there will be guys who see a scantily clad drunk woman and will think, "this will be easy," and not "I should call her a cab so she gets home safe." And the next morning his buddies will be high-fiving him, not telling him, "dude, if she was too messed up to know what she was doing, that's date rape." Because hey, she was drunk and dressed like a skank, so she was asking for it.

Old 10-27-2012, 12:04 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Look, WOMEN are the ones who come on here complaining about how men only want FWB. Women complain that they can't find a man who values her as a person. The biggest complaint women seem to have about men is that we are too focused on the woman as a sex object. Yet they INTENTIONALLY flaunt their sexuality! It's so easy to fix this problem. All they would have to do is dress more classy and less sexual. Other problems in life are so much harder to fix. Making more money, losing weight, getting a better job... almost everything else in life requires a lot of effort. This problem literally requires no effort other than wearing different clothes.

As long as women continue to intentionally flaunt their sexuality, i just don't see any reason to be sympathetic when they are complaining that men care too much about sex. I am making a suggestion as to how women could EASILY improve their situation, yet nobody even wants to consider it.
This is a load of crap. Women can dress in baggy sweats and completely obscure all forms of sexuality, and there are still men that will treat us as a sex object.

Women come to their own conclusion on how to deal with this, and it can minifest itself in a number of ways. Some women gain weight to become more invisible to men. Some women change their style of dress. Some women stay home and don't go out. Some women ignore all comers. And the answer is, even when you make all of these changes, they hardly make a difference. There are still men that will only view you as a sex object, even when you are wearing a twin set, hoop skirt and saddle shoes.

Trust me, I know from experience, it makes no difference what you are wearing. I dress preppy conservative just about everyday and that does not preclude some men from making lewd comments.

Old 10-27-2012, 12:07 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
And then go on to wear the tightest clothes imaginable when they go out!

I have never understood this behavior. It makes no sense. This is why i truly cannot feel much sympathy for women who get "used" for sex. When you wear skin tight jeans and a push-up bra, what do you realistically expect is going happen? That you are going to find a nice guy who values you for who you are as a person?

As i have stated before, i think it is mean and insensitive for women to "taunt" men by flaunting their sexuality. But that aside, it's flat-out stupid, unless you are just looking for sex yourselves. And most women aren't just looking for sex.

You are shooting yourselves in the foot, ladies. If you want to find a guy who values you as a person, stopping this behavior would be a step in the right direction.
Has it ever occurred to you that the women complaining about being viewed as sex objects aren't the same women as the ones dressing as sex objects?

How many threads on the same topic are we going to have to endure?

Old 10-27-2012, 12:10 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Yes ladies, dress in a burqa and niqab so men won't get the wrong idea because heaven knows men can't help themselves

Yet another misogynist thread.

Beat me to it.

I have a big chest. Short of a burqa or burlap bag, no matter what I wear, it will be clear that I have a big chest. Well, I'm not about to wear a burqa or burlap bag because some emotionally unstable fool has the sex drive of a 14-year-old and the psychological boundaries and unchecked id of an infant.

I dress to please myself. A man may think he can treat me as a sex object, but I'm smarter than any man who would try and wouldn't let him. Tough crap that you can look but you can't touch.

Old 10-27-2012, 12:20 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Where did this thread come from? Why did OP think this was a good thread?

PS. Horray for boobs talk!!

Old 10-27-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Where did this thread come from? Why did OP think this was a good thread?

PS. Horray for boobs talk!!
This thread comes from the fact that repetitive gender-bashing trolling is going unchecked.

And boobs are beautiful.

Old 10-27-2012, 12:26 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
This thread comes from the fact that repetitive gender-bashing trolling is going unchecked.

And boobs are beautiful.
It also comes from an OP who has a bad outlook of women.

I'm a chest guy. I notice all shapes and sizes!

Unless I don't see any..Then I has a sad.

Old 10-27-2012, 12:28 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post

And boobs are beautiful.
I agree on both counts.

The fact that one person can repeatedly start threads bashing and blaming women is really unacceptable.

Come on Mods.

Old 10-27-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Again you are bordering on being a psychopath who blames women for his inadequacies and lack of self control. You are starting to become scary. I can see you in Court yelling at the Judge "BUT SHE MADE ME RAPE HER, SHE WAS DRESSED LIKE A ****".
I said in the other thread of his, the one where he babbles on like a serial killer about "protesting" women who are "rich in sex," that if there is a rash of rapes in the Philadelphia area, the police know who to come to for IP addresses.

Old 10-27-2012, 12:30 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Just because a guy has issues and can't get a girlfriend, we shouldn't have to be subjected to repetitive and hostile threads.
Maybe the OP should consider moving to an area where women dress more conservatively. Seattle, for example. Or Montana. Everyone dresses in down jackets and looks like the Michelin Tire Man in winter. That'll work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships