Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 11:58 AM

57 posts, read 35,012 times

Advertisements

We were going strong for a while until a few bumps occured. The first one is at my old job the manager liked me and i told her we can only be friends and thats it. The manager was cool at first but got jealous and told my fiance i tried to go with her and slept with her. Then we got into it about her letting guys flirt with her and not saying she had a man already ( i was standing right there too smh ) and the crazy part is the guy told me if i can't handle a guy hitting on her then i don't deserve her.

Well fast forward a couple months and all we do now is argue and become distant toward one another

well her way more than me ( always asking for space )

So i've sat down and gave it some thought and i realized i lost the feelings i had for her from the beginning

I really want this to work because i've put too much into it and i would really dislike that it all went to waste.

And on top of that she's pregnant

Not to put my business out there but this is really getting to me now and i don't wanna just walk away ( especially with a baby on the way) but i can't live my life like this anymore
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2018, 12:02 PM

102,266 posts, read 108,293,393 times
OP, this is the woman you proposed and got engaged to, who refused to talk to you, even when you were in the same room together, and insisted on texting, instead. Even when you wanted to discuss relationship issues, she refused to speak, and only texted. Are you surprised you're breaking up? We're not. What possessed you to propose to someone like that?

What do you mean, she's pregnant? You got her pregnant??! Well, if you're the father, you've really got yourself in a mess, now. You don't have much choice now, but to "live my life like this" going forward. Unless she's ok with having an abortion.

P.S. Stop thinking with the wrong head. My guess is, that that's what got you into this engagement mess in the first place.

Old 05-15-2018, 12:20 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,786,262 times
Genius. You and your unexpected offspring will surely go far in life.

Old 05-15-2018, 01:15 PM

9,386 posts, read 7,014,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFoster94 View Post
We were going strong for a while until a few bumps occured. The first one is at my old job the manager liked me and i told her we can only be friends and thats it. The manager was cool at first but got jealous and told my fiance i tried to go with her and slept with her. Then we got into it about her letting guys flirt with her and not saying she had a man already ( i was standing right there too smh ) and the crazy part is the guy told me if i can't handle a guy hitting on her then i don't deserve her.

Well fast forward a couple months and all we do now is argue and become distant toward one another

So i've sat down and gave it some thought and i realized i lost the feelings i had for her from the beginning

I really want this to work because i've put too much into it and i would really dislike that it all went to waste.

Not to put my business out there but this is really getting to me now and i don't wanna just walk away ( especially with a baby on the way) but i can't live my life like this anymore
IMO this is great! I always say before you get married go through some sheet(expl) together. You really see the character of someone or a relationship under stress and adversity.

I would have been 100% honest wit my partner. The day she first flirts with me is the day I tell me wife. When further events unfold she would be in the loop and not be surprised by any of it.

In regards to being distant obviously you two have a trust issue. Really trust begins with honest communication which doesn’t seem to be going well with either of you.

Good luck!

Old 05-15-2018, 02:07 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,013,365 times
Quote:

So WHY would you think you have to walk away because of there being a baby on the way??WHY don't you end the relationship and still be their for your baby.Why do you think that you wouldn't be there for your baby just because you wouldn't be with your fiancee anymore?Your best bet would be to end the relationship,go to court to get equal visitation rights to be able to see your baby.No one should be in a relationship if they are unhappy JUST because there is a baby involved.The relationship is over BUT not you being a parent for your child.

Old 05-15-2018, 02:11 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,888,498 times
I guess you don't have to talk in order to have sex...

You're kind of suspicious of her though, are you sure the baby's yours?

Old 05-15-2018, 02:33 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,744,223 times
Lord have mercy....what a mess.

What you decide to do at this point is on you......

Old 05-15-2018, 03:26 PM

To clarify she got pregnant when things became better at that point nothing was going wrong. A lot has happened ( changing jobs aka changing income, lost of family members) but really i think this is all happening because of someone else whether that be another guy or another family member causing issues.

BTW, i would always be in my childs life. There is no option to walk away from the child i dont believe that

Old 05-15-2018, 03:38 PM

23,175 posts, read 26,261,606 times
Quote:
BTW, i would always be in my childs life. There is no option to walk away from the child i dont believe that
Good for you to have that attitude...........BUT....since your relationship does seem to have some problems...do make sure it's yours.

Old 05-15-2018, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Good for you to have that attitude...........BUT....since your relationship does seem to have some problems...do make sure it's yours.
Yeah i'm sure its mine

if i found out it wasn't mine that is the same day that i will be done with the relationship
unless she really tries to convince me otherwise
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships