Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 07:20 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virijat View Post
He's mad about the boys, they are certainly a priority. And he only stays out 2 hours/2 hours and a half at most so his wife doesn't get suspicious.
I'm sorry - but there is nothing that you can say that will convince me that your brother is a good family man. His behavior is reprehensible to me. It says that he cares about his penis more than his family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post

I don't see the point of doing the marriage and family thing if a person doesn't want to spend time doing the marriage/family thing.
I agree completely. Luckily, my husband and I both love doing the marriage and family thing!

Old 11-27-2012, 07:23 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I agree completely. Luckily, my husband and I both love doing the marriage and family thing!
Yep, I'm sure his wife is on the same page as him (no doubt she's screwing someone on the side as well), just as our husband's are on the same page with us, etc.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:25 PM

837 posts, read 1,287,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I'm sorry - but there is nothing that you can say that will convince me that your brother is a good family man. His behavior is reprehensible to me. It says that he cares about his penis more than his family.
You speak as if he's a child molester or has his kids living in the streets. He does a million things for them that he wouldn't do if he didn't care.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virijat View Post
You speak as if he's a child molester or has his kids living in the streets. He does a million things for them that he wouldn't do if he didn't care.
No, I speak of him like I have no respect for him - which I don't. I have no respect for an adulterer that goes out all the time while he has a wife and children at home. I'm not sure why you are trying to debate this with me. It's pretty much undebatable for me. You are never going to convince me that your brother is a good person - so why bother trying? Does it matter?

Old 11-27-2012, 07:51 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Benjamin was always fairly antisocial per your description. He used marriage as an excuse to finally become a "virtual recluse" as you described him. She didn't change him. He changed himself into who he truly was -- not such a good-time guy, a "lazy" person (as you stated) who would rather stay at home and someone who was only sporadically a friend at best.

She doesn't "try to keep" him at home. That's where he wants to be. He doesn't want to run around and do stuff with you and the guys. It's convenient to blame it on marriage but I know an awful lot of men who use that as a smokescreen for "you know, I never did like partying that much, I'm relieved to have an excuse now not to always have to be running around with the guys, proving what an uberpartier I am."

Old 11-27-2012, 07:54 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I think a man loses his manhood when a grown adult has to ask an older brother for a couple of bucks. Cut expenses or get a job.
This...I mean geez!

Again, this guy "has to ask 'Mary' " only as a smokescreen. He doesn't really want his brother mooching off him, but it sounds better to say it's not totally his decision and to put the whole thing off for another day in that way.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:00 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,879,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
You know a man has lost his manhood when you ask your older brother for a few bucks...and he always says "I have to ask Mary".
This is an excuse from a guy who doesn't feel like he can say no to you. He lets his wife be the bad guy who tells you no so that you won't quit liking him. My husband does the same thing. It's okay with me.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:05 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
I doubt he lost his manhood. New babies take a lot of time and energy, some more than others. He probably doesn't want to leave the wife at home with the baby while he goes out and has fun, so he's helping out. That's one of the first requirements of manhood. You take care of those that you are responsible for.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:49 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,331,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
As you said, he was like this before he got married.

And "whipped"? Really?
Yes, really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships