Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 01:06 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,673,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Because being themselves has resulted in rejection and very poor results for a lot of men while they watch other guys (both d@uchey and nice guys) clean up.
I'm not sure how you get rejected if you're just living life...or even what you're getting rejected for...

I mean, life doesn't just stop for sex...it comes with time...you put any man and any woman in a room long enough and stuff will happen. I mean, it's not like people even have a choice in these things...nature necessitates sex...it's like, what must happen for all this, everything, to be true...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2012, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post

Anyway, my point is you have to do what's right for your specific personality. The only way to find out what that is is to try out various different personas.
Or...here's a thought...

Be yourself, and see which girls are interested in you for who you are?

I mean, if I can be the quietest weirdest mofo I've ever met and still get play from a good percentage of women, a decent percentage of which I'm attracted to myself, then, idk, anyone can. I'm nothing special....millions of guys like me have existed, millions will exist after me....so, who the hell am I?

My problems are more centered around figuring out how guys actually take the initiative when it comes to this...how does a guy chase a woman? Because, that's a mystery to me...it seems highly inappropriate to continuously proposition a women who has already said no many times. It's rude to her, and further, self debasing...I mean, why subject yourself to that? And why does it seem like it's expected of me from a good percentage of women? And, what are they offering that's any different from any other woman in the world?

Old 11-29-2012, 01:17 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
Or...here's a thought...

Be yourself, and see which girls are interested in you for who you are?
People need to read this and understand it lol. There's nothing about putting on an act.. it's simply being who you are and having a good time.

The people that are "arrogant pricks" who are picking up women are not putting on a show. That's their personality and they don't give a sh*t if you like them or not. Don't try to be like them unless you want more enemies than friends.

I have no problem going on dates with good looking women, I am not nervous around any women at all. I act like myself, I am not afraid to tell them my interests or be afraid to come off as weird. Some girls will be in to me and some won't.. that's just life.

Why live life putting on a show? Just do what you like to do, act how you like to act and you'll attract that type of woman.

You're not a dbag by being comfortable and confident in your own shoes.

Old 11-29-2012, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
People need to read this and understand it lol. There's nothing about putting on an act.. it's simply being who you are and having a good time.

The people that are "arrogant pricks" who are picking up women are not putting on a show. That's their personality and they don't give a sh*t if you like them or not. Don't try to be like them unless you want more enemies than friends.

I have no problem going on dates with good looking women, I am not nervous around any women at all. I act like myself, I am not afraid to tell them my interests or be afraid to come off as weird. Some girls will be in to me and some won't.. that's just life.

Why live life putting on a show? Just do what you like to do, act how you like to act and you'll attract that type of woman.

You're not a dbag by being comfortable and confident in your own shoes.
Exactly this..

Just be who you are and if she likes you, that's great...and if not, then move on. You don't like everyone you meet, either...it doesn't mean they're bad people.

I'm not even confident when it comes to women, or people, I can be nervous if I think she's special...but even that hasn't been a problem...some girls have told me they find it cute or funny, others are looking for someone more certain about things...and guess what? That's their prerogative...I know I'm looking for certain things as well...

But, if at the end of the day, I was exactly who I am, I didn't compromise myself for them, I go to bed happy.

Old 11-30-2012, 01:05 PM

855 posts, read 1,384,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Because douchebags are not bitter about being rejected.

And they do get rejected. They just don't take it personally, let it fester, and sign up to complain on City-Data.

Just saying.
Hahaha very good point as this does have some truths.

I've always been a nice guy but in recent years I've taken on the douchebag/don't give a s**t attitude about women, dating and relationships. Everyone has to deal with rejection at some point in their lives and it's how you deal with it that defines you as a person.

I think I've got more dirtbag(sports definition)in me than douchebag. Dirtbags work hard, take no prisoners and don't care what others really think about them. Douchebags on the other hand are lazy, take advantage of people and in the same fashion don't care what others think about them.

Old 11-30-2012, 05:53 PM

530 posts, read 1,131,060 times
I would like to know why douchebags are the ONLY men who actually come up to me and flirt with me. I have the typical flirting from service workers, waiters, etc BUT I have to talk to those people. My problem is that nice guys NEVER EVER go out of their way to approach me EVER!!!!!

I see daily decent looking men checking ,e out (well at least I think they are checking me out, it's taken me awhile to figure that out) but they NEVER approach me????

Old 11-30-2012, 06:27 PM

445 posts, read 864,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mading6 View Post
I would like to know why douchebags are the ONLY men who actually come up to me and flirt with me. I have the typical flirting from service workers, waiters, etc BUT I have to talk to those people. My problem is that nice guys NEVER EVER go out of their way to approach me EVER!!!!!

I see daily decent looking men checking ,e out (well at least I think they are checking me out, it's taken me awhile to figure that out) but they NEVER approach me????

Approach them with a simple question or accidentally drop your keys close to them. "Excuse me. Do you know where the closest post office is?" or whatever depending on your location. Give them an opening and maybe they'll reciprocate.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:04 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,001,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
Why is it when ever I see one of them douchebag guys with terrible style and stupidity that they have so much girls around them.

While the clean, sophisticated and authentic men are always lonely and unoccupied?
Depends on your definition of "douchebags".

Guys that look like they can't afford a razor, wear clothes that look as though they're going to fall apart in the next five minutes, and don't look like they've been introduced to a shower may have other qualities, like conversation, good listener, sense of humor, etc.

What I don't understand are the women that are with men that will beat them, break their ribs, mutilate them with lit cigarettes, and they stay with them. Some of these guys may kill them at some point in the future, and the women stay with them. WHY????? What kind of hold do these guys have over the women? How can any woman say she's in love with a guy like that? How many women, every year, are killed by their boyfriends, S?O's, and husbands? Yet, they stay with these men.

Yeah, I currently have a guest in my home. Three ribs on her left side are currently trying to heal up, and multiple cigarette burns on her back and arms are healing. She also has scars from other injuries from him. After eight years, she's finally trying to get away from him. One of the main reasons she's away from him is that he's in jail for domestic violence against her. But, if she gets within sight of him, she'll go right back with him. WHY????? What kind of hold do these guys have? She says she can't answer that question for me, so who can?

Old 11-30-2012, 09:09 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker View Post
What I don't understand are the women that are with men that will beat them, break their ribs, mutilate them with lit cigarettes, and they stay with them. Some of these guys may kill them at some point in the future, and the women stay with them. WHY????? What kind of hold do these guys have over the women? How can any woman say she's in love with a guy like that? How many women, every year, are killed by their boyfriends, S?O's, and husbands? Yet, they stay with these men.

Those are psychological reasons and are many times outside of that person's control.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:13 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
Why is it when ever I see one of them douchebag guys with terrible style and stupidity that they have so much girls around them.

While the clean, sophisticated and authentic men are always lonely and unoccupied?

IF people would look up the literal definition of that word this item is used in a place many men long to be most of the time and it would quit being used as a deragatory and disgusting term.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships