Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: For those who have tried dating sites, the results were...
Met people(s) in person but didn't get another date or didn't want another date. 9 16.67%
Got 2 - 4 dates with someone, but fizzled out. 10 18.52%
Got a short term relationship (2-4 months) 4 7.41%
Got a long term relationship (with or without other short term relationships) 22 40.74%
Never found anyone you wanted to meet 9 16.67%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 10:07 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Dated for 3 years via online dating.

One BF, one awesome FWB, and one husband. Chatted with a LOT of guys, but only accepted dates from these three.
You are dating three guys? How flds of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 10:11 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
About 3 cracks at it, when the on-line dating "vendors" kept dropping the price. Got into some 2 to 4 month dating situations (middle of the 5 options) where it looked good "on paper," but the chemistry wasn't balanced and some logistical hurdles were too big to overcome. It is a LOT of work. I have not done it in a while. I think that, if you're supposed to meet someone, you will. I also think that meeting when you're younger and more apt to be romantic is better.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:13 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
How do you pick up women on Facebook?
I see a cute girl and I add them. If they accept, then I send them a witty message about something in their profile.

It's basically the same thing I do when I'm online dating except the girls are hotter (bc I just message random hot girls on FB).

Don't get me wrong. I don't get every girl I message, but it's worked enough for me to say it works.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:16 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
I see a cute girl and I add them. If they accept, then I send them a witty message about something in their profile.

It's basically the same thing I do when I'm online dating except the girls are hotter (bc I just message random hot girls on FB).

Don't get me wrong. I don't get every girl I message, but it's worked enough for me to say it works.

hahaha really? So that actually works? I've had girlfriends and also see my sister who gets added from random guys on facebook and they usually laugh and reject them. I always wondered if they actually did have success with other women though.

I'd say if you're in your 20s majority of them accept the friend request.. but how often do you get a date out of it? It's gotta be quite a bit less frequent than online dating?

Old 11-30-2012, 10:32 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
hahaha really? So that actually works? I've had girlfriends and also see my sister who gets added from random guys on facebook and they usually laugh and reject them. I always wondered if they actually did have success with other women though.

I'd say if you're in your 20s majority of them accept the friend request.. but how often do you get a date out of it? It's gotta be quite a bit less frequent than online dating?
I don't message them saying "what up. you're hot. derrr"

For example, one time I added this girl that had tons of tattoos. I asked her where she got her tattoos done and what she thinks would look good on me. Then we just started talking like normal people. After a few days, I suggested a hang out and it worked.

That's how they usually go. I don't do anything crazy. It's pretty much the same thing I do in real life.

I'm sure some girls look at me the way your sister does. But I don't care. It only take one for a successful night.

Old 12-01-2012, 02:17 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
I just find it way too difficult. Meet random people and have small talk and try to make a connection. I am not hideously ugly, but I am very tall and that turns off a lot of men.

I have done it. And just too cynical and bitter to do it again.

Old 12-01-2012, 02:24 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
I don't add guys on Facebook unless I know them (or know someone they do). I always get random adds but will not add them.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:29 PM

4 posts, read 3,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Sometimes I think doing outreach programs at a women's prison would be a better way to meet girls than online dating tbh.
I think you may be right

Old 12-04-2012, 10:46 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,637,077 times
I've only met up with 2 girls off of OKC.

First girl and I are still friends -- we have a lot in common went on a few dates, but I'm not sure what happened. Just didn't go anywhere I guess. The one night I thought something would happen, she ended up puking in my bathroom from drinking too much. Blah.

Second girl I met once and strolled around for a few hours and ended up making out. Couldn't stand her lack of motivation to find a job though (she's a college grad working part time and is too settled in...)

The rest of the girls either don't respond back. Seems like most of the girls in my age range (21-24) are overweight or come off as complete fakes

Old 12-04-2012, 09:27 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,793,602 times
I met a beautiful woman on Match back in January. We were infatuated with each other. Well, I was in love and maybe she was infatuated. Anyway, 3 months in, I found out she had some major issues. It ended suddenly and badly. Internet dating has pretty much sucked for me for the 3+ years I've been trying. But I'm an introvert, so its hard for me to approach women in grocery stores, bars, etc. But I have to figure it out because online dating doesn't work either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships