Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 04:52 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,088,979 times

Advertisements

Women in Hector "Macho" Camacho's life fight at his wake in San Juan, reports say - ESPN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2012, 05:02 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,560,619 times
An alpha male who has died is no longer an alpha male......he's dead.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:03 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,158,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Unless he's like Jesus. That guy was pretty alpha.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:07 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,560,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Unless he's like Jesus. That guy was pretty alpha.
That's the epitome of alpha, but it's safe to say Hector ain't getting up.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:07 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times
The man created a show anywhere he went. He was a great athlete and hope he is at peace.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:08 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,201,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
A true 'alpha' male would not have ended up throwing his life away on drugs and the thug life.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:10 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,204,945 times
I'd rather comment on the lack of class those people showed at his funeral than make it out to be yet another thread about alpha males, beta males, gamma males, kappa males etc....

Seriously though man, a damn good boxer was murdered and that's all you can think about?

I usually think your a cool dude jobaba but this is lame.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:18 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,366,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
A true 'alpha' male would not have ended up throwing his life away on drugs and the thug life.
Two things:

a) yes, this is true - the celebrities to be admired are those who know when it's time to cash in their chips and disappear, either to do something more low-key or helpful to others (like Kristy McNichol, George Lazenby, etc.)

b) it's more of a reflection of those going to the funeral. My friend's wife has an aggressive sister, from a Spanish speaking country, who is divorced and has kids. The steamrollee (her ex-husband) had had enough, and divorced her. Their daughter graduated from a parochial HS and was supposed to go to an award ceremony to pick up some plaque and some money. The divorced parents went. The Dad brought along his new girlfriend, and their "poised" Mom, who was dumped, proceeded to grab this woman by the arm, almost picking a fight. If you knew this woman, it all fits together beautifully.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:20 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,201,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Two things:

a) yes, this is true - the celebrities to be admired are those who know when it's time to cash in their chips and disappear, either to do something more low-key or helpful to others (like Kristy McNichol, George Lazenby, etc.)

b) it's more of a reflection of those going to the funeral. My friend's wife has an aggressive sister, from a Spanish speaking country, who is divorced and has kids. The steamrollee (her ex-husband) had had enough, and divorced her. Their daughter graduated from a parochial HS and was supposed to go to an award ceremony to pick up some plaque and some money. The divorced parents went. The Dad brought along his new girlfriend, and their "poised" Mom, who was dumped, proceeded to grab this woman by the arm, almost picking a fight. If you knew this woman, it all fits together beautifully.

LOL yeah that's always great when that happens at some important event. Unbelieveable.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:22 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,088,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
I'd rather comment on the lack of class those people showed at his funeral than make it out to be yet another thread about alpha males, beta males, gamma males, kappa males etc....

Seriously though man, a damn good boxer was murdered and that's all you can think about?

I usually think your a cool dude jobaba but this is lame.
Ha. I liked Macho. I remember him promoting himself for the DelaHoya fight, in his NY accent, "I'm gonna take down the Gouuulden Boi."

My mind is twisted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships