Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 05:35 PM

52,272 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
We have a lot of these guys in NYC, mostly Italians. They are never married because that is a choice they have made. Those who actually do want to marry, will do so with a woman younger so they can easily have children. You are 41. Why would a marriage-oriented man who wants a family settle for you?
My sentiments too... although fairly harsh.... see my post above..... being a 40 yr old with list like hers.....

Probably won't happen, unless she snags some fairly young dude....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2012, 05:49 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
Quote:
We have a lot of these guys in NYC, mostly Italians. They are never married because that is a choice they have made. Those who actually do want to marry, will do so with a woman younger so they can easily have children. You are 41. Why would a marriage-oriented man who wants a family settle for you?
And why would a 20something woman want to settle for an older man? They need to be realistic. There is no such thing as easily able to have kids because older men can cause birth defects (or have trouble getting it up)and no guarantee a younger woman could either.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
I would still like a response. If you hadn't slept with those men, do you think they would have ended up falling in love with you and you'd be enjoying a happily ever after now? Do you honestly think sex was the make or break factor in all these relationships?
No but at least I would have seen earlier on because without sex they would have left.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:50 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Actually, she has a date with a guy who fits the bill. Notice that higher education isn't on her list. She's flexible in some respects that others wouldn't be. It could work. Not all guys over 40 are interested in kids, and there's nothing saying a 42 or 43-year old can't have kids (I'm not sure the OP wants kids). Happens all the time.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
My sentiments too... although fairly harsh.... see my post above..... being a 40 yr old with list like hers.....

Probably won't happen, unless she snags some fairly young dude....
Oh so 40 year old men can and should get 25 year olds while women my age should just settle and take whatever we can? yeah that's why there are more desperate men out there than women because all younger women want old men (sarcasm).

Old 12-02-2012, 05:52 PM

868 posts, read 1,122,238 times
Why are some of you being so hard on this chick? She seems cool.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:54 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
And why would a 20something woman want to settle for an older man? They need to be realistic. There is no such thing as easily able to have kids because older men can cause birth defects (or have trouble getting it up)and no guarantee a younger woman could either.
He isn't going to get a 20something, you are talking in extremes.

Why should a 41 year old man settle for a 41 year old when he can marry a 34 year old and have a better chance at having children? There are a LOT of 34 year old women who are ready willing and able to settle down with a 41 year old man, and there is nothing untoward about that age difference. Why should he choose you over a 34 year old?

Old 12-02-2012, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Actually, she has a date with a guy who fits the bill. Notice that higher education isn't on her list. She's flexible in some respects that others wouldn't be. It could work. Not all guys over 40 are interested in kids, and there's nothing saying a 42 or 43-year old can't have kids (I'm not sure the OP wants kids). Happens all the time.
Higher education has never been an issue with me, nor has height, income or anything else. I am open to having kids if it happens (I know women older who had kids naturally)but am also open to adoption or having no kids at all. I leave all of that (kids) in God's hands.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:56 PM

Quote:
He isn't going to get a 20something, you are talking in extremes.

Why should a 41 year old man settle for a 41 year old when he can marry a 34 year old and have a better chance at having children? There are a LOT of 34 year old women who are ready willing and able to settle down with a 41 year old man, and there is nothing untoward about that age difference. Why should he choose you over a 34 year old?
And who's to say he can even get a 34 year old? Most men I would hope would judge based on the woman they like without regard to her age. I avoid men who would judge me based on whether I can have kids and I would hope all women would.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:57 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
And who's to say he can even get a 34 year old? Most men I would hope would judge based on the woman they like without regard to her age. I avoid men who would judge me based on whether I can have kids and I would hope all women would.
It seems you have not yet accepted the realities of your marriage prospects. Best of luck to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships