Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 10:12 PM

129 posts, read 246,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VX5650 View Post
It's hard. I try to be happy with where I am now but where I am now and where society thinks I should be are vastly different places. It's really society that tells you that you shouldn't be happy until you accomplish this, that and the other thing. Only then can you join the "happy club"!

The funny thing is that society rules talk about 15% (?) of the country. It's not the norm, it's the minority.
If you are happy with where you are then life should be good. Someone doesn't like it? who the hell cares? If they are that much better than you and happy they wouldnt give a second thought about your situation. again....should take my own advice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2012, 10:25 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,783,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andygump5 View Post
The funny thing is that society rules talk about 15% (?) of the country. It's not the norm, it's the minority.
If you are happy with where you are then life should be good. Someone doesn't like it? who the hell cares? If they are that much better than you and happy they wouldnt give a second thought about your situation. again....should take my own advice

I agree. Shouldn't care and there are days I don't but there is that little voice that says "you're not good enough, you need to change." Where did that come from? TV? Parents? School?
What is funny is that nobody in my life seems to give a cr*p that I have not gotten far in my life. Nobody treats me any different. Nobody treats me badly or calls me names. So why am I so self conscious about it?

Old 12-01-2012, 10:35 PM

977 posts, read 1,815,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Also, of my last 2 exes, one was a prostitute and drug user behind my back, the other was a gold digging serial monogamist skank who took me for $12,000!

And the prosti-ex, gave me HIV, and to top it off, KNEW she had it but didnt tell me and had sex with me anyways

Because I am HIV+ no woman will even come near me now
Holy ****! If this is true, man do I feel like a complete jerk for even posting fairly seriously about my very small problem.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:03 PM

129 posts, read 246,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VX5650 View Post
I agree. Shouldn't care and there are days I don't but there is that little voice that says "you're not good enough, you need to change." Where did that come from? TV? Parents? School?
What is funny is that nobody in my life seems to give a cr*p that I have not gotten far in my life. Nobody treats me any different. Nobody treats me badly or calls me names. So why am I so self conscious about it?
Cause you are not happy with yourself? No self confidence? I dont know...I am right there with you. If you find an answer let me know

Old 12-01-2012, 11:07 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
Also, of my last 2 exes, one was a prostitute and drug user behind my back, the other was a gold digging serial monogamist skank who took me for $12,000!

And the prosti-ex, gave me HIV, and to top it off, KNEW she had it but didnt tell me and had sex with me anyways

You win the thread. My issues are of no count compared to the issues you have.
I'm just glad that I have used a condom in every experience I've had. It prevents so many issues

Old 12-02-2012, 05:24 AM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I finally heard from the guy I was seeing. After a few chit chats back and forth he said he's busy this weekend he doesn't know how he's going to get everything done. Guess that's code for don't expect to see or hear from me all weekend.

C'mon who wants to take me on a hot date this weekend!?
I would not recommend contacting this guy at all from this point forward. He has too much baggage (at least right now).

If he gets in touch with you (which he will), I'd think very carefully before getting together or trying to bring the relationship back up to speed. I don't see much upside in it; move on.

Old 12-02-2012, 09:11 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,153,088 times
Quote:

Damn dude, and I thought doing poopy laundry was bad. I must search deep down in my soul and find fifty things that I'm grateful for today. I have to give you reps just for having such bad luck as well as having the courage to tell us all that bad luck. I hope things get better in life for you. Oh, and about no girl will want you. I don't think that's true. An old friend of mine had hiv. He got it in jail with four other guys. They all got it by using the same tattoo gun. This was in 88 when information regarding it was minimal and also fatal. He lived over 25 years with it and would have lived much longer, but he overdosed on drugs two years ago almost to the date. He was married for seven years. So, there is hope. People are living much longer now with it (I'm sure you know) and there are preventative measures for people to take. You can still have a sex life. I hope your future gets better. Good luck to you.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 12-02-2012 at 09:27 AM..

Old 12-02-2012, 09:27 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,580,240 times
Yes everything I told you is true I am NOT running my mouth here

Also all this had happened after I lost my father and my previous job I had in Las Vegas

Old 12-02-2012, 09:31 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,580,240 times
And you know, in spite of all this I'm moving forward with optimism. A lot of very good things are headed my way in the future

Old 12-02-2012, 06:33 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
I would not recommend contacting this guy at all from this point forward. He has too much baggage (at least right now).

If he gets in touch with you (which he will), I'd think very carefully before getting together or trying to bring the relationship back up to speed. I don't see much upside in it; move on.
He texted me last night at 1 am "hey sweetie, hope you are having a good night"...I haven't replied. Which is hard. I really do like him. But I'm trying not to! Blah. I need a beer! Haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships