Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 08:39 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Wow, that's a surprise.

I'm so sorry to hear that. If she dumped you that easily, then she wasn't worth it anyway. Still, I know it's hard.

You're welcome to join us over in my cry-in-your-beer thread.

Already did..wish I didn't have to work tonight this just makes things worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 08:42 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,833,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
On the bright side at least you don't have to buy her Christmas presents and spend time with her family.

Unless you already bought presents and like her family, then that sucks.

Back when I was a jerk I'd break up just before thanksgiving and not date again until after valentines day.

One year I was dating this super hot Latina but she was dumb and stuff. But her family made some dope food. So I stuck with her through the holidays for the tamales.
Hahahahaha.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:03 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,273,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
On the bright side at least you don't have to buy her Christmas presents and spend time with her family.

Unless you already bought presents and like her family, then that sucks.

Back when I was a jerk I'd break up just before thanksgiving and not date again until after valentines day.

One year I was dating this super hot Latina but she was dumb and stuff. But her family made some dope food. So I stuck with her through the holidays for the tamales.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:46 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,109,941 times
WTF!!!! I'm sorry! But anyone who would dump someone via text is not worthy of you! She definitely owed you at least a phone call. I'm sorry...I will be headed over to the cry in a beer thread after this. Hugs for you! You deserve better, keep telling yourself that!

Old 11-30-2012, 09:59 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Well I guess I knew it was coming I got a text saying that she wasn't ready for a relationship. I turn 45 Sunday I'm done I'm tried of this yeah 45 isn't dead but I mean come what are the odds? This is the SECOND time I have been kicked to the curb during the holidays. I can't take another heartbreak again... I.. I just can't. So don't listen to the advice of a romantic I have no clue what I've been talking about all this time. Soo yeah. I was wrong about everything I have this idea of what love is supposed to be & how it should go. This being a romantic only gets in the way of real life I'm going back to being an arse hle it's much easier..
Sorry to hear it dude.... I've been reading your posts lately and I'm sorry to hear this.

I think it's on the sad side that she did this via text.... sorta unclassy......

Old 11-30-2012, 10:22 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Well I guess I knew it was coming I got a text saying that she wasn't ready for a relationship. I turn 45 Sunday I'm done I'm tried of this yeah 45 isn't dead but I mean come what are the odds? This is the SECOND time I have been kicked to the curb during the holidays. I can't take another heartbreak again... I.. I just can't. So don't listen to the advice of a romantic I have no clue what I've been talking about all this time. Soo yeah. I was wrong about everything I have this idea of what love is supposed to be & how it should go. This being a romantic only gets in the way of real life I'm going back to being an arse hle it's much easier..

Loser talk.

That's the point of dating.. don't compromise who you are. Just find the next person who appreciates you.

That being said.. there's often a balance between over the top romantic and being an assh*le.

Old 12-01-2012, 03:04 AM

We've had some ups & down in the 6ish months we've been dating I tried to leave at one point & then later down the road so did she. We talked each other out of it & promised that neither one of us would try & go again. She gets stressed & so she pushes away. Last time she called this time she didn't. I'm not sure what set her off or even if I can get to talk to her again. I told her I'm not giving up though. I talked to her best friend either & she said she would talk to her for me. She was ummm different & only a few people here knew about it. I won't say what it is because it will just add fuel to the fire, do I want this to work out? Yes I do. I'm not going to wait too long & yes I knjow I should write her off because of the way she did me. I want to understand though why she is feeling this way. I know that sounds sad but I can't help it. Call me stupid I guess but I've always have to see things though to the end.

Old 12-01-2012, 03:24 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:

Okay and good luck with that I hope you succeed in whatever it is you are trying to accomplish or prove to anyone, including yourself.

Why not try a different type of woman than those you have been dating? Some of us take more than a few rounds and beyond to finally find the right partner.

Old 12-01-2012, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Okay and good luck with that I hope you succeed in whatever it is you are trying to accomplish or prove to anyone, including yourself.

Why not try a different type of woman than those you have been dating? Some of us take more than a few rounds and beyond to finally find the right partner.

See was very different from what I have ever dated I think thats why I took to her so quickly. I've been married once was in well... two.. make that one other serious relationship. I never really go looking for anything all that hard they seem to be there some how.. I'm not sure what I am trying to prove or if I am trying to prove anything at all to be honest. Not sure how to figure it out if I was...

Old 12-01-2012, 03:33 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
nothing is "just there" you allow them into your life or you do not. maybe the problem IS you need to start looking for something, as in those things you know you need or its not going to work out long term.

stop chasing "ideas" of what you think you want and start chasing realistic choices. if you still have no idea of what it is you need in a partner or what works for you, it may also be time to find yourself before you even bother allowing another person into your life...then again going off your post it seems as though these "failures" are just that. you trying to find yourself.

Last edited by rego00123; 12-01-2012 at 04:18 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships