Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 08:11 PM

242 posts, read 355,686 times

Advertisements

You were the cute 20 something that turned every guy down because you thought you were so cute. You slept around and got drunk every weekend. You were one of the "cool girls" in high school and college. You never gave the "nerdy guy" a chance.

WAIT A MINUTE.............FAST FOWARD

Nerdy guy is now 37 and he's no longer nedy looking, he's transformed his body to a lean muscle machine and he's spent the last 15 years working on his career and building his business. He now earns a high 6 figure income and is well traveled.

Oh, wait a minute............NOW YOU WANT HIM.

Yes, the above story is real and it happens.

I say, to heck with her. She's no longer the cute 20 something girl, she's now 35 and used up and has had a series a bad relationships and a divorce.

Yup, this happens to guys all of the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2012, 08:17 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,404,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danes View Post
You were the cute 20 something that turned every guy down because you thought you were so cute. You slept around and got drunk every weekend. You were one of the "cool girls" in high school and college. You never gave the "nerdy guy" a chance.

Nerdy guy is now 37 and he's no longer nedy looking, he's transformed his body to a lean muscle machine and he's spent the last 15 years working on his career and building his business. He now earns a high 6 figure income and is well traveled.

I say, to heck with her. She's no longer the cute 20 something girl, she's now 35 and used up and has had a series a bad relationships and a divorce.

But what about all the geeky, unattractive girls nerdy guy wasn't interested in during high school and college because they weren't "hot"??? Now nerdy guy is SOL because they changed as well and they've been swiped up. It happens.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:18 PM

1,601 posts, read 2,134,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
But what about all the geeky, unattractive girls nerdy guy wasn't interested in during high school and college because they weren't "hot"??? Now nerdy guy is SOL because they changed as well and they've been swiped up. It happens.
That's different. You're missing the point. Annnd... that doesn't happen!!!!!! (Have I covered them all?)

Old 12-01-2012, 08:34 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
(standing up and clapping) I LOVE the irony of these super-self-righteous posts about how hot girls should love the nerds who don't love the nerdy girls (or else they'd never have been so lonely and hence, bitter).

Old 12-01-2012, 08:41 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,661,345 times
Proof that rejection has some serious long-lasting effects on some people.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:43 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
used up is such a great old fashioned term u just dont see much. the young do not believe it can happen, until it does and then they are no longer young. when u have learned enough to know better the young no longer listen to you bek u are no longer young

Old 12-01-2012, 08:44 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
I think the op has been watching too many movies.

Quality people recognize other quality people, regardless of their looks, etc.
Women like you describe...that's pointless. And if those guys wanted them so bad in their 20s, then I have to say their judgment is shot, too.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:45 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
So... ?

Lots of things happen.

If this nerdy guy is so awesome - why is he still single? If money is truly so important to women - wouldn't this hot, rich 37 year old now have his pick of hot 20 somethings? So why is he complaining?

Old 12-01-2012, 08:48 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,199,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danes View Post

I understand your post which I've heard of this scenario enough in my "5000 years" and it really has nothing to do with him being rejected at one time but with he wasn't good enough then but because he now comes nicely packaged "with a bow" she's now interested in him especially if she wants kids.

No offense intended.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:50 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,915 times
Similar happens to gals all the time such as when they're unattractive guys passed them up and when they're attractive guys are all over them.

People tend to want those that are attractive or have appealing traits.

I see no rational reason for guys to lament that gals only want them when he's successful when most likely he only wants gals when they're attractive. I highly doubt the nerdy guy wanted a chance with the nerdy gal who was one of the uncool gals likely he wanted a chance with the cute gal because she's cute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships