Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 05:33 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
She said he was pretty good looking. I doubt most women, married or unmarried, would be all that disturbed by a good looking guy wanting to whisper something to them in public.
To be honest, his initial sentence would have put my guard down a bit. Not really very creepy. As for the shoulder touch.....well that's a bit more tricky. That's a safe area, so I wouldn't have necessarily been super uncomfortable......... but more than a little surprised at his forwardness. Most likely shocked.

As for a reaction? I guess it really all depends on what sort of mood I was in. If I was feeling cheeky, I might have said "only in your dreams or similar." But if I wasn't, then my response would have been a lot more abrupt.

I can completely understand why it would be arousing. An attractive man came up to you and said "I don't even know you and I want you to come home with me." Next time, if you don't feel too threatened, maybe your husband can reap the benefits of a horny wife.

Perhaps what is most disturbing? Is that he thought it was OK, to invade your personal space so quickly. It also makes me think this has worked for him a few times. I have been approached a few times in such a forward way as well. And it was weird every time. It is an interesting comment on society. Some men feel perfectly OK with invading a woman's personal space and are not concerned about the consequences or repercussions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2012, 05:35 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahboyers1964 View Post
I am a 41 year-old relatively happily married woman who had an interesting thing happen to me a few days ago and I'm curious as to how other women (especially married ones like myself) would have been affected by this if it had happened to them..

So what happened was that I was by myself shopping at a Target department store and as I was looking at cleaning products, a man around my age stood next to me and said to me "If I tell you a secret, do you promise not to tell anyone?". I answered "sure". He then put his hand on my shoulder and whispered this into my ear: "I'm married but I think you're extremely sexy and I want to see you on your hands and knees at my place once a week when my wife isn't home....what do you think?". After he said this, I was in a state of shock for a few seconds but of course I said "I'm not interested" to his offer and walked away. The thing that surprised me a bit was that I found myself to be not only shocked by what he said but slightly aroused and since something like this from a complete stranger never happened to me before, I wonder if my reaction is a normal one or if perhaps it's a sign that I'm perhaps not as happy with my sex life in my marriage as I think I am. I did tell my best girlfriend about this (who is also married) and her reaction was "Ewww...that's creepy" and when I asked her if she would have been aroused by something like that happening to her she said "absolutely not".

I'm curious to know how other women on this board would be affected by this type of sexually aggressive proposition from a complete stranger. Please be honest!
He was in the cleaning products aisle and wanted to see you on your hand and knees at his place, once a week...are you sure he wasn't looking for a maid?

Old 12-03-2012, 05:50 PM

1,275 posts, read 1,933,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
To be honest, it's all creepy.
But it is less so when they're better looking...I am guessing because it would appear that the better looking guy would have more options than the snaggle-toothed uggo, so it would seem more sincere as a compliment (as opposed to a scattershot method employed by the guy who has no chance of getting any).
Yeah...it's like George Clooney versus Steve Buscemi asking. I would guess GC wouldn't get kicked in the walnuts nearly as much as SB. As for the guy at Target---I would have said something cheeky and maybe even called his bluff by stating in very loud voice: "Wow, that's an amazing proposition---did you hear that folks?!---this guy, a perfect stranger, just asked me to get on all fours at his house while his wife is away." Yes---I would have said it very loudly and embarassed the crap out of him.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:03 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
"Nice try. Now back off."?

I have told guys in bars that if an appendage is touching me I cannot be responsible for it's safety.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:05 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,160,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
"Nice try. Now back off."?

I have told guys in bars that if an appendage is touching me I cannot be responsible for it's safety.
That's when neat little things like Hap-kido or Krav Magra come in handy!

Old 12-03-2012, 07:08 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,390,974 times
I would have been flattered and said so. I simply would have said, "Hey, you made my day!! But I'm happily married and not interested. But your come on line was damn good!"

Then walk away.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
That's when neat little things like Hap-kido or Krav Magra come in handy!
What both tae kwon do and kick boxing taught me is never get in a fight with a guy. Seriously, guys hit HARD.

I've always been lucky, one look at my expression usually sends them running. I like a good compliment as much as the next person, but I do not like being touched or the assumption they may speak to me in a crass manor.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:51 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,160,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
What both tae kwon do and kick boxing taught me is never get in a fight with a guy. Seriously, guys hit HARD.

I've always been lucky, one look at my expression usually sends them running. I like a good compliment as much as the next person, but I do not like being touched or the assumption they may speak to me in a crass manor.
Mmm, the problem with stand-up sport sparring like you get in those disciplines is that they don't resemble real attacks in any way. Not even slightly. You are correct in that getting into a straight up fight with someone larger and stronger than you is bad. The key is to not to fight him, but to strike him in such a way he has no way to respond before you render him incapable of further attack. For example it takes only a couple of pounds of pressure to break a knee joint, or the trachea, or the elbow joint. Eyes, nose and ears are also vulnerable to attack no matter how weak the attacker is.

High School Self Defense Girls Striking, Kneeing, and Shredding - YouTube

The above video looks a bit silly, but shredding is actually extremely effective. Once you get your fingers into someones eye sockets, all thoughts of him attacking you go out the window, and he's only concerned with getting away. You can then use that opportunity to rip hair, strike, bite, headbutt, and best of all - run and leave the situation.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:56 PM

I'm lazy, I carry pepper spray.

Old 12-03-2012, 08:00 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Why do I have the feeling the OP is actually a guy who wants to pull this on some woman in a public place but wants to make sure first that women are into it?
I suspect the same. Hahaha

I guess putting an ad on craigslist is not good enough anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships