Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 12:38 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,900,938 times

Advertisements

Online dating is failing. Had a 6 months relationship from it, but it failed. I've put my eggs all in one basket and it was online dating, believe it or not, which isn't the best move I know. Definitely had dates from it, but time to grow a pair and strike up conversation and meet ladies the normal way I guess.

Also, some of the women on there are just "too much" for me. I mean you're using online dating for a reason (you have rare instances of men picking you up) so why the ridiculous standards. They get such an ego boost from having a profile, they all seem to have issues: the girl I dated for a bit actually had bi-polar and depression, I'm fine with that, but I'm not fine with the fact that she refuses to take the treatment her doctor prescribes her, so I ended it (call me shallow or whatever you want). Not that I don't have my own issues, mine is that I suck at striking up a conversation and this makes it easy for me, nor is it 100% women's fault that I'm starting to lose faith in the same. It's just getting silly for me on both ends.

Anyway, time to throw spaghetti against the wall so to speak to see what sticks. Just talk to all 5s and above and see what I can get. I expect to marry one person, which means all the other ladies leading up to that will end up failing in a break up or ill get rejected straight up. Time to accept that fact I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2012, 12:46 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,939,884 times
This doesn't sound desperate at all

Old 12-06-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
This doesn't sound desperate at all
How is going from online dating to normal dating desperate? I'm not sure I follow you.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:53 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,139,352 times
You are going to talk to a certain number of a standard of women and see who gets voted in like an election? What about making the extra effort to find a person who has most of the qualities you really want? You are going to play a numbers game, settle, only to likely spend years not being truly happy. I do not think this is the best strategy sir.

How about take a short break and determine what you really want, gear up and then move forward?

Old 12-06-2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
You are going to talk to a certain number of a standard of women and see who gets voted in like an election? What about making the extra effort to find a person who has most of the qualities you really want? You are going to play a numbers game, settle, only to likely spend years not being truly happy.I do not think this is the best strategy sir.

How about take a short break and determine what you really want, gear up and then move forward?
That's quite an exaggerated extrapolation on my original post where all I did was express interest in talking.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:59 PM

You sound overly obessed with getting married, just take it slow or you'll freak most people out.

Old 12-06-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
You sound overly obessed with getting married, just take it slow or you'll freak most people out.
Where did I even indicate that in the original post? I hope "i expect to marry one person" didn't lead you to surmise that I'm obsessive about it.

Old 12-06-2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Where did I even indicate that in the original post?

Unless I completely misinterpreted it???

I took it as your 6 month relationship didn't end in marriage so it was a failure, and now you're going to talk to every woman who is average until you get married? :S

Old 12-06-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Unless I completely misinterpreted it???

I took it as your 6 month relationship didn't end in marriage so it was a failure, and now you're going to talk to every woman who is average until you get married? :S

Wow that's pretty bad. Allow me to set the record straight. Please take my post literally, as it's written. When I say "talk" to women, I really only mean talk, converse with no intention of marrying. My 6 months relationship ended as a disaster, so I'm giving up online dating and growing a pair and talking to women face to face as it should be, not getting desperate and talking to everything it moves. I want to get married in my early 30s if it means anything (25 now)

To summarize, this thread was more of a self-affirmation that I'm going to put aside the fear of initial rejection and just "see what sticks" in trying to meet women the normal way (face-to-face) as opposed to hiding behind a computer screen, which is why I did online dating in the first place, as I had put all my eggs into that basket.

Subsequent posts were supposed to have been of a congratulatory nature on my new found confidence of just approaching women "normally", but it wasn't so.

Old 12-06-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Wow that's pretty bad. Allow me to set the record straight. Please take my post literally, as it's written. When I say "talk" to women, I really only mean talk, converse with no intention of marrying. My 6 months relationship ended as a disaster, so I'm giving up online dating and growing a pair and talking to women face to face as it should be, not getting desperate and talking to everything it moves. I want to get married in my early 30s if it means anything (25 now)

To summarize, this thread was more of a self-affirmation that I'm going to put aside the fear of initial rejection and just "see what sticks" in trying to meet women the normal way (face-to-face) as opposed to hiding behind a computer screen, which is why I did online dating in the first place, as I had put all my eggs into that basket.

Subsequent posts were supposed to have been of a congratulatory nature on my new found confidence of just approaching women "normally", but it wasn't so.

hahahahahahaha, well I guess I'm just too used to this board. Honestly, I think approaching women in person is sometimes easier than online. That being said, don't expect the women you meet offline to be any less crazy or different than the ones you meet online. At the end of the day, they're really all the same. But as George Thorogood would say .. everybuddy funny.

Just hit on women you find attractive, no different than online. After you get used to it you realize that it doesn't require anything and it's just second nature to open conversation with people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships