Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 11:04 AM

1,923 posts, read 1,292,171 times

Advertisements

Hey so I met this girl via OLD and we exchanged phone numbers. We texted each other back and forth for a couple of hours. We both decided we want to go to dinner and we have now set a date. Here's my problem, I find this girl extremely attractive. All the physical traits she has are exactly what I like in women. She seems super cool and is a fast responder in text. But now, I find myself thinking about her a bit more than other girls. I'm really excited for the date, but I'm worried that I may come off more interested in her than she is in me. For example, we were texting back and forth about two days ago and I'm REALLY trying not to text her for the next few days. I have to do the whole "I don't care" thing. So guys, how do you keep your cool when you meet someone you really fancy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2018, 11:53 AM

11,165 posts, read 7,994,029 times
Don't play stupid games.... The whole "I don't care thing" is childish. Be yourself.... how hard is that? if she doesn't like you for who you really are... what is the point?

Old 03-23-2018, 11:57 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,060,622 times
Just basically delay most of the impulses you have about her.

Only do about half the stuff you're thinking about doing, at least for now. Once you've met and you see if you have any chemistry, and it's reciprocated, then it's on.

Old 03-23-2018, 12:06 PM

26,701 posts, read 41,801,766 times
Don’t be too eager in responding any time she texts you. The saying that “whoever cares less wins” exists for a reason.

Old 03-23-2018, 12:21 PM

11,165 posts, read 7,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Don’t be too eager in responding any time she texts you. The saying that “whoever cares less wins” exists for a reason.
Or... she figures that you're not really interested and she bounces... your call!

Old 03-23-2018, 12:28 PM

1,923 posts, read 1,292,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
This is true, and it also makes me think that maybe I might have more luck if I date girls that I'm not as attracted to.

Old 03-23-2018, 12:34 PM

319 posts, read 228,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
This is true, and it also makes me think that maybe I might have more luck if I date girls that I'm not as attracted to.
More luck doing what, exactly? Why would you want to date anyone you are not attracted to?

Old 03-23-2018, 12:35 PM

102,252 posts, read 108,183,264 times
Quote:
OK, OP, re-read what you just posted. How much sense does it make to date women you're not attracted to?

I mean, I can't believe you just said that in all seriousness.

And how much sense does it make to pretend not to care? If you convey the vibe that you don't care, she'll think you don't care.

WTH?!

But a better way of not going overboard about her, is to remind yourself that you don't know her, yet, except by some texting. You need to get to know people, to find out if they're as attractive as they look, if you see what I mean. She may be "hot", but you know almost nothing about her personality. It's easy to seem cool via text; she could turn out to be a completely different person when you meet her IRL. That does happen. So dial back your fantasies and projections, and try to stay grounded.

Old 03-23-2018, 12:37 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,755,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Don't play stupid games.... The whole "I don't care thing" is childish. Be yourself.... how hard is that? if she doesn't like you for who you really are... what is the point?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!

Games are for when you're in high school, not as an adult! Be yourself, either she'll like you for you or she won't!

Old 03-23-2018, 12:39 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,755,975 times
Quote:

That makes NO sense! You have to be attracted to the person on some level or it will never work! And the person who posted not to text right away or call back right away.....................is probably single!! If you like this girl, act like it!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships