Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 05:40 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,076,189 times

Advertisements

^^^ Ready or not, she's BA-A-ACK!! Just in time for Christmas, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 08:02 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,206,503 times
I've never been in the friend zone because if a woman rejects my advances I just stop talking to her. So I'm never in a position to be in this "friend zone".

I never understood why men hang around girls who reject them, it's pathetic

Old 12-16-2012, 10:10 AM

1,356 posts, read 1,945,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Being put in the 'friend zone' just means the other person isn't interested in you 'in that way'. Not everyone that you are attracted to will feel the same way about you and there's really not much you can do about that.

If I were to dwell about every guy that put me in the 'friend zone' I'd probably be a crying pile of mush right about now.
I agree. The friendzone doesn't exist. It just means that person isn't attracted to you in that way.

Old 12-16-2012, 11:09 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,649,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I've never been in the friend zone because if a woman rejects my advances I just stop talking to her. So I'm never in a position to be in this "friend zone".

Why?

I had a big crush on my current male best friend back in high school. He rejected me, 12 years later we're still best friends and I'm officiating his wedding next summer. It NEVER would have worked out between us but I'm so glad I didn't just up and leave because I would have lost what has been an incredible friendship.

Old 12-16-2012, 11:15 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,695,174 times
Quote:
Why?

I had a big crush on my current male best friend back in high school. He rejected me, 12 years later we're still best friends and I'm officiating his wedding next summer. It NEVER would have worked out between us but I'm so glad I didn't just up and leave because I would have lost what has been an incredible friendship.

I can't rep you but I agree I think I have plenty of friendships and just romantic didn't come up was no reason to just cut it off.

Friendships are taken for granted a lot.

Old 12-16-2012, 11:31 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,206,503 times
Quote:
Why?

Because I don't settle that's why. If I want someone for a romantic or sexual relationship and im rejected I'm not going to settle for being her friend. I have tons a female and male friends for that already.

Old 12-16-2012, 11:32 AM

102,235 posts, read 108,076,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaybirdX View Post
I can't rep you but I agree I think I have plenty of friendships and just romantic didn't come up was no reason to just cut it off.

Friendships are taken for granted a lot.
I had the impression many guys think friendships with women are a waste of time.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:26 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,225,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post

Because you can stay friends and get with her friends (or potentially get with her at a later date).

It's never a good idea to get pissy when you get rejected.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:28 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,225,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I had the impression many guys think friendships with women are a waste of time.
Nah, I have many female friends.

I enjoy talking to them.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:32 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,394,059 times
Quote:
Being put in the 'friend zone' just means the other person isn't interested in you 'in that way'. Not everyone that you are attracted to will feel the same way about you and there's really not much you can do about that.
It exists, as you say. Only recently has it been given a "name." It makes it convenient. I have been both the putter and the puttee. In my experience, it's a state of being that doesn't last. Most of them end and don't make for LT friendships.

Last edited by robertpolyglot; 12-16-2012 at 01:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships