Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 04:33 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,868,505 times

Advertisements

Wait, wait... because he finds himself with women who ask him for money, repeatedly... that means its HIS fault for picking those type of women?

That, doesn't make sense.

How is he supposed to know if someone is going to be the type of person to borrow money if he's just dating her? You are also assuming he's exclusively dating those with "style" over substance rather than just those he's attracted to. Also from the sounds of it, they have kids. Doesn't it strike you the least bit odd single parents are dating with intention of seeking money?

Try putting yourself in his shoes and ponder if guys were to do the same thing to you, would you blame the guys or blame yourself for only going for those kind of guys?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 04:46 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,572,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackpot View Post
Wait, wait... because he finds himself with women who ask him for money, repeatedly... that means its HIS fault for picking those type of women?

How is he supposed to know if someone is going to be the type of person to borrow money if he's just dating her? You are also assuming he's exclusively dating those with "style" over substance rather than just those he's attracted to. Also from the sounds of it, they have kids. Doesn't it strike you the least bit odd single parents are dating with intention of seeking money?

Try putting yourself in his shoes and ponder if guys were to do the same thing to you, would you blame the guys or blame yourself for only going for those kind of guys?
This guy is obviously going for the exact same type of woman over and over again expecting different results. Of course he knows what he is getting himself into with these types of women. That's what he is attracted to and that is exactly what he attracts.

He is obviously not going for college educated women, career minded women, women of integrity....you know, women that have their own jobs, cars, apartment/homes, money, etc. He doesn't WANT a financially independent woman. He WANTS a floosy who looks like a hooker. So guess what...floosies ask men for money. And they expect men to pay their rent, pay for their mani/pedi or buy their cigarettes, etc.

Old 12-18-2012, 04:47 PM

2,547 posts, read 4,236,704 times
Successful self-sufficient women are usually much choosier when it comes to dating and have high standards for choosing a life partner. They are also usually older, have less time for the typical dating scene, and may or may not put as much effort into appearances. By contrast, when you think of the typical golddigger, they're usually young, quite attractive, not particularly intelligent or driven, and tend to go out a lot and be 'on the scene'. If they're also young single mothers, I would dare to assume they don't have the best background and upbringing either. Often they won't have very high standards for a man as long as he has money and can provide for their needs.
Hence, it is logical to assume that if the OP is meeting young, pretty, not particularly career-minded girls in bars and clubs, and doesn't have too much to offer himself aside from money, he shouldn't be too surprised that that's all they want from him. I doubt that if, say, a successful woman that he met at a work event was interested in him, that she'd be asking him for money the next day.

Edited: ^callipoppy, we posted that at the same time!

Old 12-18-2012, 04:50 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,316,800 times
Quote:

Oh Yes...it's his fault alright, and it makes perfect sense...It's pretty easy to tell if someones the type whose looking for money...not hard at all.

4,217 posts, read 7,312,851 times
Quote:

Easy, if she expects him to pay (aka doesn't even offer) on the first date, she'll probably always expect him to pay and wont have trouble asking for money later on down the road.

It's a simple indicator that can be noticed as early as date 1.

6,459 posts, read 12,045,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danes View Post
When you first meet a person, you don't know what you're getting. No one does. We naturally go after people that we are attracted to physically.

I like to think I have a good eye for what's attractive. What seems to be happening as of late is I'll meet when that are "packaged" well but they don't have anything. When I say anything, that's what I mean.

They don't have--
Car
Their own place
Child support
Job

But they do have--
the current "styles"
empty pockets
Style over substance

I have had 3 women that I met( I no longer talk to any of them) ask me for money. My response is always: "Did you ask the childs father for child support, if not, don't ask me for it?"

OH BOY---that reply gets them mad as hell!!!

These women are all about style over substance. I cannot for the life of me figure out why these women ask men for money. I guess when you're raised to work and be responsible for you life, the thougyt of me asking women for money is not in my DNA.
Did you have sex with any of these women who are asking you for all this "money"?

Just curious.

Old 12-18-2012, 04:57 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,167,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Oh Yes...it's his fault alright, and it makes perfect sense...It's pretty easy to tell if someones the type whose looking for money...not hard at all.
For those who are good listeners, And have some life experience they can usually tell after a few conversations, The other persons circumstances etc. However, Some people looking for the $$ may be very good at disguising it until later in the relationship.

Things like this shaped my saying of how dating sucks. It does.

Old 12-18-2012, 05:00 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,045,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Yep, as findly pointed out, you're the common denominator. And what it really does come down to is that you are SEEKING style over substance.

I don't know where you're meeting these women, but if it's in a bar, talk with them for a good long time before you ask them out. If it's online, read the profile before you look at the pictures.

Yeah, we all go for what attracts us, but if you're solely going after the women you personally rank as 10s and overlooking the 5-9s, that would likely be your problem.

For that matter, what are you bringing to the table?
THANK YOU!!!

Stop trying to date women out of your league physically and go with the threes and twos that you KNOW you should be with.

Old 12-18-2012, 05:03 PM

102,261 posts, read 108,277,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCookie View Post
Successful self-sufficient women are usually much choosier when it comes to dating and have high standards for choosing a life partner. They are also usually older, have less time for the typical dating scene, and may or may not put as much effort into appearances. By contrast, when you think of the typical golddigger, they're usually young, quite attractive, not particularly intelligent or driven, and tend to go out a lot and be 'on the scene'. If they're also young single mothers, I would dare to assume they don't have the best background and upbringing either. Often they won't have very high standards for a man as long as he has money and can provide for their needs.
Hence, it is logical to assume that if the OP is meeting young, pretty, not particularly career-minded girls in bars and clubs, and doesn't have too much to offer himself aside from money, he shouldn't be too surprised that that's all they want from him. I doubt that if, say, a successful woman that he met at a work event was interested in him, that she'd be asking him for money the next day.
Gold diggers come in all ages, and both genders.

I don't understand why guys think bars and clubs are THE place to meet women, the one-and-only place (IRL). Also, I wonder if single moms would be going to bars and clubs. I can't imagine how or where the OP is meeting these women. Maybe he's had a streak of bad luck at the grocery store...? lol

We do know he's going for a certain physical type, though. That seems to be his problem. He needs to branch out.

Old 12-18-2012, 05:06 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,852,666 times
Quit going after ratchet ***** OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships