Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 07:16 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,937,768 times

Advertisements

Thanks guys. I'm 32 and a man. He is 29. We have been friends since we broke up four years ago (well 3 1/2 or so years ago). Throughout that time in spite of each of us occasionally dating or even living with someone else we've always maintained a close connection. Shortly after he left he called me saying it was the worst mistake he had ever made (not moving up there, but leaving me). He's visited a few times over the years "testing the waters" but I'm one to hold onto a grudge for while.

As far as him moving here, he knows he can't move in with me. I have a roommate (whom I love dearly and wouldn't dream of getting rid of for at least another year) and I told him explicitly when the subject of us together again came up that if we find ourselves in the same area of the country again we'd be starting from now. Dating, living seperatly for at least a year before I'd consider living with him again.

You are right. I have big heart and it clouds my judgement in alot of cases (friends and relatives as well as relationships) and I have to be careful. I am being careful, not expecting anything. I'm just hopeful and willing to give this another shot, but on my terms.

Cheers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2007, 07:48 AM

558 posts, read 2,249,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorytampa View Post
Thanks guys. I'm 32 and a man. He is 29. We have been friends since we broke up four years ago (well 3 1/2 or so years ago). Throughout that time in spite of each of us occasionally dating or even living with someone else we've always maintained a close connection. Shortly after he left he called me saying it was the worst mistake he had ever made (not moving up there, but leaving me). He's visited a few times over the years "testing the waters" but I'm one to hold onto a grudge for while.

As far as him moving here, he knows he can't move in with me. I have a roommate (whom I love dearly and wouldn't dream of getting rid of for at least another year) and I told him explicitly when the subject of us together again came up that if we find ourselves in the same area of the country again we'd be starting from now. Dating, living seperatly for at least a year before I'd consider living with him again.

You are right. I have big heart and it clouds my judgement in alot of cases (friends and relatives as well as relationships) and I have to be careful. I am being careful, not expecting anything. I'm just hopeful and willing to give this another shot, but on my terms.

Cheers!
Hey, good for you...sound like you're on the right track, and not going to act impulsively. And it sounds like the timing for you both could be right this time...and you know what they say about timing... BEST OF LUCK!!

Old 10-17-2007, 07:55 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times
somehow I knew you would...especially after reading your other posts...
I wish you love, and a wonderul happy life....

but I still miss you..... LOL

Hugs
Creme

Last edited by cremebrulee; 10-17-2007 at 08:16 AM..

Old 10-17-2007, 08:09 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Well, good luck with and just keep your eyes open. Hope it works out wonderfully for you both.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:17 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,937,768 times
Quote:
somehow I knew you would...especially after reading your other posts...
I wish you love, and a wonderul happy life....

but I still miss you..... LOL

Hugs
Creme
Same to you, Creme. You had me at "login" *sniff* you..had..me..at.."login"..

Old 10-17-2007, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorytampa View Post
Same to you, Creme. You had me at "login" *sniff* you..had..me..at.."login"..

LOL, scuse me, while I pick myself up off the floor, getting back into my chair..."I'm ok...I'm ok, here....LOL

Hugs to ya......

Old 10-17-2007, 12:18 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,344,251 times
I think it's great when a person finds love but take it slowly at first. Keep us updated.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:26 AM

27,345 posts, read 27,400,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
I think it's great when a person finds love but take it slowly at first. Keep us updated.

Its one thing when two people fall in love (theres that 'l' word again). But the feelings need to be mutual, and if only one sees it as love and the other makes it clear that they are not in love, but rather a close friendship or just companionship, then it can become a problem. Are you really sure its working both ways? If you are, its a great thing! Nothing wrong with it, but again, it needs to be two-sided.

Old 11-05-2007, 04:28 PM

Default Dream Interpretation

sorry, I posted in the wrong thread....sorry

Last edited by cremebrulee; 11-05-2007 at 04:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships